Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Max gust in my back garden was 39.1mph

Is there a website that can tell me what max gust was on weather stations near me? would like to compare with mine to see if it reads about right to others near me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just found out some proper damage due to last nights wind. Got a text from school, phone lines are down due to wind. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
14 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Just found out some proper damage due to last nights wind. Got a text from school, phone lines are down due to wind. 

I never heard a thing, Alexis...But Mother Russia might have had a say in that!:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Bit blowy this walking the dogs at 7am.

Turning out to be a lovely day here. Most sunshine I've had in days and the ground is able to dry out due the strong breeze. 

Saw a twig in the road this morning, fortunately the wheelie bins held their ground and stayed in place, we will rebuild. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
33 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

frequent heavy showers here and cold, is it November already?

Yep, shower now overhead here. 

Raining again...! Hoping for a 2011 style ending to September again. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
5 hours ago, Rob Deacon said:

Max gust in my back garden was 39.1mph

Is there a website that can tell me what max gust was on weather stations near me? would like to compare with mine to see if it reads about right to others near me.

Hi Rob. I use the nearest Met Office station to check my data, but I'm lucky to have one a few miles down the road. Your nearest MO station is Shoreham which is about 15 miles away from you(?) and nearer the coast - so might not be so good for comparisons. Anyway, here's the Shoreham page at the time of writing - shows a max gust of 49 mph at 03.00:

59b93633dc411_MetOffLatestObs.thumb.jpg.83d70b40b6b7ae757b437637402e0490.jpg

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/gcpcv5gkw

Also, I see you have a station on Weather Underground and they do a "Wundermap" page with surrounding observations. Don't know how accurate/reliable it is though: https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A reasonable morning here, but very windy for September. Grottier since lunchtime with showers and the wind is still blowing strongly. Nothing like further north or in Holland and Belgium though, thankfully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..
2 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hi Rob. I use the nearest Met Office station to check my data, but I'm lucky to have one a few miles down the road. Your nearest MO station is Shoreham which is about 15 miles away from you(?) and nearer the coast - so might not be so good for comparisons. Anyway, here's the Shoreham page at the time of writing - shows a max gust of 49 mph at 03.00:

59b93633dc411_MetOffLatestObs.thumb.jpg.83d70b40b6b7ae757b437637402e0490.jpg

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/gcpcv5gkw

Also, I see you have a station on Weather Underground and they do a "Wundermap" page with surrounding observations. Don't know how accurate/reliable it is though: https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap

nice one thanks for that, shoreham i'm sure would be bit higher wind as is other side of the downs and is on the coast.

Stupid me hadn't thought of wunderground :fool:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another showery day and luckily the wind has eased. Got home to this though which was nice.

20170913_175204.jpg

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind, Thunder, Snow, warm sunshine!

Proper heavy downpours around mid-afternoon, about average temperatures I guess but feeling chillier then that out of the sun and in the wind which today has been fresh to strong after being near-gale to Gale force last night!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

I never heard a thing, Alexis...But Mother Russia might have had a say in that!:D

It knocked their telegraph poll down.

Posted

Well it was quite bright early this morning, albeit chilly, but rain has arrived now. I've had to give in and turn the heating on, seems to early in the year, does anyone think we might be in for a cold winter?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
5 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Well it was quite bright early this morning, albeit chilly, but rain has arrived now. I've had to give in and turn the heating on, seems to early in the year, does anyone think we might be in for a cold winter?

i put mine on too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well if the view out my window is anything to go by, I'm about to be hit by one hell of a rain shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another day of sunshine and showers, the winds a lot lighter today so it felt quite pleasant in the sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Lovely sunny start after a chilly night with the temp IMBY getting down to 5.5C and I see the Met Office station at Wattisham Airbase a few miles up the road got down to 4.7C. Matt on the Beeb has just said there could well be a touch of grass frost for rural parts tonight.

Lots of showers yesterday afternoon and some wonderful skies at sunset as the showers melted away (unfortunately I didn't get a chance to photograph).

Today it looks like 'south is best' for our Region as an area of more organised showery rain heads down the North Sea to (particularly) affect Norfolk this afternoon.

Edited by Blessed Weather