Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

Not sure it works outside weather enthusiasts . I don't know anyone who can even remember the name of one storm last year.

Winter coat index:cold-emoji: we could do with more indexes. I grew one lousy corn on the cob and a rat nicked it:80:

You're right. I love 'indexes' they are a special kind of weather lore! And by the way...the rat ate all 16 of my corn on the cob despite then growing in a cage and 12 of my neighbours. It scaled up the sunflowers and ate all the seeds in the head!! It's not big and prolific the council may have to bring the Jack Russels in.

Gorgeous out there, hard to believe the storm in coming.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Quite a pleasant day here, especially this morning with good sunny spells and a maximum temperature of 19C. Tomorrow morning looks nasty though, I can't remember an autumn storm so early in the season. Hopefully not too much damage to trees and infrastructure.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Been quite nice here today as well , the calm before the storm . Still hoping for a late burst of heat to end the month , but that's all it is hope .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Wind has really picked up in the last hour.  Met Office is predicting only 47 mph gusts here but already in my west facing rear garden, backing onto open ground, my six large trees and four medium are now thrashing around, all with full leaf. I'm hoping they will make it through the night without damage. I like my trees. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Raining hard out there now and pretty windy too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I think it is what can only be described as 'snuggles weather' out there.

Posted

Is it winter,out of hibernation  very wet out side wind geting up roll on winter!,

• Like 1

Posted

Or as our friends  over the pond do hunker  down to  night!, or go to  zzzz zzzz   land

• Like 1

Posted

Storm winds still strong in Bishops Stortford even though left a while ago looking on maps.  Trees in full flow, definitely still strong winds outside.

Going to be many more of these this season IMO

Posted

So where was our wind warning from Meto then? The yellow warning on my app did a big loop avoiding most of our region and according to http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=current;type=maxg Heathrow has recorded a gust of 63mph, so far only beaten by Mumbles Head recording 74mph @ 01.00 !

Has been great to hear the roars and howls this evening/morning though, just hope the trees have stood their ground ok

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Just got woken by a couple of hefty gusts. As far as I can tell, no damage here but it's still dark!

17 minutes ago, Despicable Weather said:

Yep, sorry put current gusts link in there and now can't edit, the Top 20 gusts is this one http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=daily;type=maxg

Bloody hell! It woke me up a few times but didn't think it was that strong that gust must have been associated with some kind of shower?? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looked out of the window, got a branch down from the tree out front. Just missed the car, unless hit on way down. Not my car.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

That was a bit wild! The strongest winds here occurred between 05.00 and 06.00 this morning with a max gust of 50 mph at 05.07. The lawn at the end of my back garden is littered with broken-off small branches from my four trees.

59b8dd01e2859_WindGraphWed13Sep08_00.thumb.jpg.93626ce99ed76dc46a9ad8805f69815c.jpg

• Like 1