Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Another day as dull as dishwater here with sullen skies and occasional spells of swirling drizzle.

Temperatures have ranged from a minimum of 16.5c to a maximum of 18.3c with zero in the way of sunshine. Sitting in the garden tonight it feels more like a tropical rain forest ( albeit not as warm as one ) with the constant drip drip from the vegetation and dewpoints matching the temperature.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

That's better - a cheerful, sunny start and almost dead calm! Overnight min of 10.5C so a much better night's sleep.

All change from here on - the coming 7 days look interesting (if you like it feeling distinctly autumnal with wind, rain and cool temps!). Oops - hope Ben isn't reading this! :)

• Like 2

Posted

A lovely bright sunny start, albeit with a bit of stiff breeze here on the coast, the clouds have been building now for an hour or so, gone quite gloomy with a few spits n spots of rain.

Posted

A sunny, cheerful start but cool after an overnight min of 9.5C. A max of only 17C yesterday.

Pressure has been dropping slowly since 21.00 last night (down 5 hPa to 1011 hPa overnight) and a look out west to what's heading our way is not encouraging, so this lovely early sunshine not set to last.

59b0f20dbebff_CloudThurs07Sept07_45.thumb.jpg.5fddd328a089d4617bfea77d813fd6f7.jpg

A rather unsettled weekend on the way and Sunday looking the day to keep an eye on. Current Arpege output suggesting gusts up to 90 km (55 mph) for exposed coastal fringes:

59b0f240dd135_ArpegeGustsSun10Sep17_00.thumb.png.1513e00277c93bdfa20fbcb33e6854f9.png

• Like 2

Posted
Based on my unscientific observations, summer here has been about as average as it gets.

Since June 1st I've been scoring each day out of 10, with 5 being average. I've taken my readings from nearby Herstmonceux, and based my scores on what I consider to be the average maximum temperature/sunshine hours/rainfall for this general location.

I'll post my scores and thoughts later if anyones interested.

Posted
32 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:
Based on my unscientific observations, summer here has been about as average as it gets.

Since June 1st I've been scoring each day out of 10, with 5 being average. I've taken my readings from nearby Herstmonceux, and based my scores on what I consider to be the average maximum temperature/sunshine hours/rainfall for this general location.

I'll post my scores and thoughts later if anyones interested.

Yes please SJ. I'd be very interested to see your observations and thoughts on this summer.

• Like 1

Posted
41 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yes please SJ. I'd be very interested to see your observations and thoughts on this summer.

Thanks for your reply BW.  I'm still sifting through everything at the moment so will try and give a more detailed breakdown in the next few days.

Posted
2 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

Thanks for your reply BW.  I'm still sifting through everything at the moment so will try and give a more detailed breakdown in the next few days.

As a rough guide for now though, June comes 1st, July 2nd, and August 3rd.

That said, I rated all 3 months slightly above average

• Like 1

Posted

Grey start with a few spots of rain trying to wet the ground. Currently 15.2C.

This afternoon could be interesting with some very heavy, blustery and potentially thundery showers around. Here's the thoughts from high res models Arome and NMM for 16.00:

Arome 59b241285adb0_AromePrecipFri08Sep16_00.thumb.png.04a54e051902cec34c8db4246cd11c28.png NMM 59b24143055f4_NMMPrecipFri08Sep16_00.thumb.png.f89555e068aea14fd9b5684042a49e73.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

People are moaning its windy outside, at 12z the pressure was 1000mb at shoreham airport, Irma will have a pressure in the low to mid 900s. Perspective,lads. 

Don't see anything in the way of thunder happening around here later but you never know. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

I take it back, bucketing it down now, hail too :yahoo:

Same here, BB...The ToD doesn't really show its hand until snow is in the forecast - then it really comes into its own!:shok:

• Like 3

Posted

Had a number of fairly brief but intense dowpours rattling through here in the last 2-3 hours, localised flooding on some roads.

Sitting under my patio canopy expecting a huge clap of thunder any minute but sadly nothing in that way so far. I have to admit though it seems a bit churlish to bemoan that given what's happening further afield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well there is a thunderstorm just north of Peterborough at the moment. I have a good view of it whilst i wait for the wife to finish work.

Posted
46 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Aye t'is, but sometimes September is summery

Tru dat.

But t'is the season of mellow fruitfulness and all that jazz.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
53 minutes ago, Bogman said:

Tru dat.

But t'is the season of mellow fruitfulness and all that jazz.

Sleet watch soon:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Get ready, all you peeps in Lowestoft - a beautiful double rainbow could be heading in your direction...:good:

And the lightning, of course...

• Like 1