Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Wouldn't at all be surprised now to see August creep above the 1981-2010 CET average. Looks good today, I reckon London will see a max of around 28 degrees...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Stunning day for our Region - looks like clear blue sky for everyone (except maybe Ed Stone in Beccles?!). Temp already up to 23.6C here (at 11.45). :)

59a2a31aee148_CloudSun27Aug11_35.thumb.jpg.bc7a89e1beb3c21a653ee7feff35c8be.jpg

P.S. Happy Birthday for yesterday @chrisbell-nottheweatherman

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
7 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Stunning day for our Region - looks like clear blue sky for everyone (except maybe Ed Stone in Beccles?!). Temp already up to 23.6C here (at 11.45). :)

It's nae so bad, Malcolm; the cloud seems to be drifting off to the east...20C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
35 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Cheers Malcolm.  Lovely here so far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A lovely sunny day, just a light northerly wind with temperatures up to 24C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Lovely day! Currently 23.4c here atm. We managed 24.2c yesterday - should beat it but there is a bit of high cloud now. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Beautiful day actually hot in that blazing sunshine. Belated Birthday wishes@chrisbell-nottheweatherman :) 

Cheers mate.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Tomorrow is looking glorious with temperatures up a few degrees on today.

arpegeuk-41-26-0.png?27-18

26-29C I would say is the maximum, but you never know. The warmth could hold on at least into Tuesday and possibly Wednesday in Kent.

arpegeuk-41-50-0.png?27-18   arpegeuk-41-74-0.png?27-18

Sucks to be me in the Fens, a high of 16C on Wednesday and could be worse underneath the rain from that slow moving cold front.

• Like 1

Been on Littlehampton beach all day well the end nearer Rustington. 

What an absolutely beautiful place and weather today. Been a few times but not for many years. The water was warm! We caught the tide coming in aswell was such a fantastic day! 

Quite a cross current though there, only have to go out 10-20m and it drifts you down the beach. 

10/10 day and place, well tidy and so easy to park! Everyone was cramed into the Littlehampton end while us lot down the other end, had loads and loads of space! 

Forgot to add!!! Tomorrow a bank holiday Monday and we could COULD hit 30c wow! 

Screenshot_20170827-195226.thumb.png.6e5d653bbcb9e5b2b72d8577ca4ad6e1.png

And Tuesday Wednesday look warm too, a 4-5day warm summer spell just crept up on us! 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been a great day here, perfect for the dover music festival and regater at the cruise terminal. Even had a spitfire display and a fireworks display later.

• Like 2

Posted

I can only reflect exactly what everyone else on here has reported for today, absolutely stunning, hot, blue skies, sunshine, a perfect summer's day. We were further along the coast than @Surrey enjoying the beautiful sea and sand at Sandbanks yesterday, and then in Surbiton today we sat outside in the garden for a family get-together to celebrate my birthday (happy birthday @chrisbell-nottheweatherman) and my was it scorchio, with the fairer skinned amongst us ending up on the beetroot side of things. Topped it all off with a dog walk enjoying that end-of-a-hot-summer's-day feeling as dusk settled, and a cheeky rose for the evening:) 

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

I can only reflect exactly what everyone else on here has reported for today, absolutely stunning, hot, blue skies, sunshine, a perfect summer's day. We were further along the coast than @Surrey enjoying the beautiful sea and sand at Sandbanks yesterday, and then in Surbiton today we sat outside in the garden for a family get-together to celebrate my birthday (happy birthday @chrisbell-nottheweatherman) and my was it scorchio, with the fairer skinned amongst us ending up on the beetroot side of things. Topped it all off with a dog walk enjoying that end-of-a-hot-summer's-day feeling as dusk settled, and a cheeky rose for the evening:) 

Happy birthday!

• Like 2

Morning Gang, the hottest day in quite some time today, although not uncommon and certainly reflects in my mind the continued fantastic summer we have had, albit with a blip in the middle.

16c at Heathrow this Morning although it was 17c @ 2am this morning. The sun is up and the heat begins to build.. Will be watching closing to see if we can get to 25c before 9am! It's only happened a handful of times this summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 hours ago, Surrey said:

Don't think we will do it, 25c was a bit too high.. now at 19c 17 minutes ago.. 

I don't quite know how warm it is outside, however, it's defo in the hot department, I'm pouring at the min. Was nice at 9am though. Just oppressive now.

Posted

Sunny with the temperature up to 27C here. A glorious day.

Posted

We have hit a high of 28C, warmest day since early July. Nice to see that the best weather for the second half of this summer has come at the perfect time for most to enjoy it.... well except me who had to work today. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

wot no drizzle on a bank holiday:shok:

Shocking, isn't it? Mind you, we deserve a decent Bank Holiday and it's certainly arrived. Gorgeous weather, 28C here. My butternut squash might ripen, after all.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Shocking, isn't it? Mind you, we deserve a decent Bank Holiday and it's certainly arrived. Gorgeous weather, 28C here. My butternut squash might ripen, after all.

My garden has been a bit rubbish this summer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Dropping in for one of my summer visits. Lovely weather today, I love the August bank holiday, you always know that snow hunting season is just round the corner :D

• Like 2