Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Glorious weather here in SE Spain this week. Barely a cloud, by day reaching 29-30C with a nice breeze and cooling down to 20-21C overnight. Absolutely perfect. I noticed the 'warm sunny spell' failed dismally at home in the UK with gloomy skies yet again. Flying home tomorrow, do NOT want to go back!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I think the front has arrived here - it's gone very dull and gloomy over the course of the last half an hour or so.  Maybe by this evening it'll be both brighter and fesher.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

I posted earlier today on another weather forum in response to folk who were posting about conditions being 'exceptionally warm' and 'oppressively humid' here in the South East today.

(Quote )"A slightly tongue in cheek comment from me so please don't take it too seriously, but l'm beginning to question the reliability of my internal body thermostat. Has it really been 'exceptionally warm' and 'oppressively humid' here in the South East today ?

It's felt anything but to me, hence me doubting my own body now :unsure:

I'm 11 miles fom Herstmonceux and the readings from there suggest a Tmax of 21.6c and a DP max of 18.4c.

It's been another boring cloudfest here though, with barely a hint of blus sky or sunshine all day long. " (Unquote)

Just goes to show how differently we can perceive the weather I guess ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Yep it was a nice comfortable day here yesterday too, feels more oppressive today tbh. 

The reason that many towards the east coast and the south coast was because on on shore breeze was keeping the air "circulated" so to speak at lower levels. The upper winds however were moving in from the west.

Before that though, when the humid air arrived, those of us that managed to avoid that on shore breeze further inland, it was humid, certainly for people near to Heathrow and the City (West)

Even in Wales they hand much higher temperatures for longer than some in the South east, in-fact most of the Region.

Looks like the weekend is looking okay!! 

But I scrolled to the dark temps of FI on the GFS and the last frame just made me think.. "where have we seen this before" thankfully it is so distant it's about as relevant as a blank sheet of paper.

Netweather GFS ImageNetweather GFS ImageNetweather GFS ImageNetweather GFS Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Working outside near Wattisham Airbase yesterday and with a cool breeze my fleece was on and off more times than a fiddler's elbow (? :laugh:) as the sun went in and out of the copious cloud cover. But the Brucie Bonus was a ten minute spectacular watching the Red Arrows practice for the Clacton air show this weekend. :)

Beautiful start here this morning with lots of low mist in the fields.

• Like 2

Morning gang, fantastic start! What a change to the start of the week, this weekend might actually turn into a proper summery spell and not the weak attempt at the start of the week. 

I Posted on Facebook this morning:

Today: 24c Sunshine amounts: high
Saturday: 24-25c Sunshine amounts: Good-High
Sunday 24-26c Sunshine amounts: Good
Monday 24c Sunshine amounts: Good/Poor by evening

SUMMER IS BACK!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

All I can say is all the signs are there for another scorchio September (again) - the jet stream appears to be drifting north limply, maybe a little amplification in a weeks time but all this will lead to is an area of high pressure transferring eastwards against a weaker jet which adds up to don't put the sun cream away just yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Back from Spain last night to pleasant weather, today shaping up to be a nice, late Summer day. Plenty of sunshine and 22C currently with light winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Almost September, so my thoughts naturally turn to winter and how every snowy spell will miss the SE:cray: Unless............the October Fog Index delivers this autumn:nea:Last year had three thin fogs and one dense fog, but got only three light snow falls, three out of four isn't bad I guess:sorry:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely day with lots of sunshine and just a light south westerly breeze. A high of 24C.

The Bank holiday weekend looks.... really good :shok:

Yes, all three days look dry with temperatures in the mid-twenties, Monday looks the sunniest and warmest of the three.

• Like 2

Posted

Once the cloud cover and milky skies prevalent here for the last few days finally cleared, this afternoon turned out to be about as good as a late summers day can get.

Clear blue skies, barely a breeze and feeling warmer than the Tmax of 22.2c would suggest. It was the 2nd warmest day of the month, failing to beat the previous modest max of 22.6c. No complaints though.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Lovely day with lots of sunshine and just a light south westerly breeze. A high of 24C.

The Bank holiday weekend looks.... really good :shok:

Yes, all three days look dry with temperatures in the mid-twenties, Monday looks the sunniest and warmest of the three.

The GFS 12z even extends the warm to very warm weather into the week too next week 

• Like 1

Posted

Just hoping this late burst of summer holds out for tomorrows event on Hastings Pier:

http://hastingspier.org.uk/event/day-tripper-ocean-colour-scene-w-the-bootleg-beatles-and-peter-hook-the-light/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Todays news :-

My laptop just blue screened. 

I have stomach cramps.

It is raining.

Todays rating -0/10

Posted

Very pleasant day here, light winds, warm sunshine and 23C currently. If only all of August was like this!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
22 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Very pleasant day here, light winds, warm sunshine and 23C currently. If only all of August was like this!

It,s quite windy here, with a blanket of milky high cloud.

Posted

Dull cloudy grey all morning, with rain just to the north of us, few spots of rain as the sun tried to come out, but barely reaching the ground. Hardly a breath of wind, which is unusual for here. 

Posted

Unfortunately it appears to have gone all overcast, not to moan most of the day has been bliss and warm 24C much more like it Summer. This BH weekend is looking pretty darn good. :) 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Some high level cloud has been plaguing the Region this afternoon, but happily it didn't spoil the day here - lovely and warm with the temp reaching 23.2C.

Infrared satellite at 19.55 and cloud still streaming across Region: 59a1cc0f3b09d_CloudSat26Aug19_55.thumb.jpg.4f2f306c98491f14f5c52ce4a2fe1dd9.jpg

Now then - what's gone wrong? How have we ended up with a Bank Holiday Monday set to be a 27C to 29C scorcher?? Looking at European forecasts, we'll be hotter than Spain on Monday! :laugh:

Arpege 59a1cf09aefbc_ArpegeTempMon28Aug17_00.thumb.png.d98533debf6b772295c53071ef4782af.png GFS 59a1cf3522305_GFSTempMon28Aug17_00.thumb.GIF.45913c32b0ec9f297befb20162bb1a45.GIF

Europe:

Posted

It was a really nice day.... I was mowing my dad's lawn this afternoon and the sun broke out and it felt really hot. Right now it's a lovely still evening out there and I love it when you get warm weather with a hint of autumn cool. Perfect! Plus I've got 4 aubergines to pick off the plant tomorrow! And some tomatoes! Thank you weather gods for a bit of decent weather at last.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Not bad for my birthday, though it was cloudy this morning and again late this afternoon.

Posted

August 2017 is trying to redeem itself this weekend, and on a Bank Holiday. Shocking. Looking good for our region.

• Like 4