Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Disappointingly cloudy today, there was a little sunshine at times where it felt quite warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
5 minutes ago, Surrey said:

What a fantastic suprise, thunder and lightning 

Yep just heard it here as well all be it well in the distance , hopefully can intensify , indoors now :)

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Just had one really loud flash and rumble but absolutely nothing else. Strange.

Posted

Big rumble here now, make that 2

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted

New line of storms appeared in the west country heading this way in very quick development  . There are bound to be other cells , this is surprising considering this .

IMG_8344.PNG

IMG_8345.PNG

Ps , appreciate the met do a fantastic job just shows how difficult their job is.

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Woken up by the Australian Shepherd storm alert. 100% correct as usual. Nice unexpected bonus :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Woken up by frequent sheet lightning and distant rumbles sometime in the night (didn't think of checking the time). Where I live on the outskirts of Hadleigh the council turn off all street lighting at mid-night, so in the inky black the effect was fairly dramatic. I checked the start of the radar animation when I got up and I think this might have been the culprit:

04.45 599d22bb133b6_RadarWed23Aug04_45.thumb.jpg.a97c3c8a5cb093bd55220d7b87591d30.jpg

Well the BBC/Met Office and Arpege still going for a possible 24C to 25C for eastern most counties of our Region today. But after yesterday's effort I'll believe it when I experience it as once again I feel cloud amounts might be the problem! :laugh:

Arpege for 15.00 599d23c2987e6_Arpege0zTempWed23Aug15_00.thumb.png.6f77ea07eb391c808aec7021e0f1b603.png599d23c927a8a_Arpege0zCloudWed23Aug15_00.thumb.png.a8fc2180c88745b7824deda063487513.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Woke me up at around 0530 hrs: loudish thunder and very bright, white lightning...

Posted
43 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Woke me up at around 0530 hrs: loudish thunder and very bright, white lightning...

Really? Wow didn't hear a thing, definitely didn't get any rain, must have gone round me :nea:dull and grey this morning and horribly humid, bring on the fresh air please.

Posted

Horrible humid and dank.

Was brighter earlier. Thought today was going to be the warmest day of the month?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

Really? Wow didn't hear a thing, definitely didn't get any rain, must have gone round me :nea:dull and grey this morning and horribly humid, bring on the fresh air please.

I slept through it as well - it passed here around 5 a.m. and my dad heard/saw it as he was out of bed at the time letting the cat in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Must be yesterday in reverse, BB...hazy sunshine, Ac cas, and a horribly humid 22C...:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Finally, some brightness slowly starting to break through... SAT also suggests cloud thinning..Seriously though, who messed this one up? Was meant to be 3 days of "good" weather... 

Actually looks better once we get the fresher weather in.. 

Isnt it always though, fresher weather means normally clearer weather and with the clearer weather the UV from the sun heats everything up even if temps are not the 30c that many want,

Just think of all those SW winds we get in the darker days of the year, days of cloud and moist winds as soon as the cold front along bingo clear skies.

Posted

Finally some tentative signs of it brightening up , we have very hazy sunshine . Hopefully the positive trend continues.

18 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Isnt it always though, fresher weather means normally clearer weather and with the clearer weather the UV from the sun heats everything up even if temps are not the 30c that many want,

Just think of all those SW winds we get in the darker days of the year, days of cloud and moist winds as soon as the cold front along bingo clear skies.

Many a times I have watched a front Clear through in autumn and watch as the Crystal clear blue sky replaces the cloud fantastic to watch. 

You are right, it's already feeling a lot warmer now with the sun making an appearance. I find though frustrating as a gardener that if it's damp and cloudy it makes everything ten times harder as nothing drys out. Of course the exception being when you have to dig lol! Even then, a few weeks back when we had that biblical rain I was the mug digging fence post holes in clay. Could have taken up pot making that day and still have enough clay to see me out to the end of the year