Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Pleasant day here, rather windy and too much cloud as usual but feeling quite warm at 24C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Well it seemed like two seasons in one day here. As John Motson might have said, it was a game of two halves!

I drove my daughter and her hubby to Stanstead at 05.30 this morning and it wasn't a nice journey with some moderate rain around. But by 11.30 there was the first glimpse of the sun and by late afternoon there was plenty of sunshine and the temp reached 24.9C at 16.23. A tad breezy mind, with a maximum gust of 28mph this afternoon. Fourth day running with decent amounts sunshine and temps above 22C! :)

• Like 1

Posted

Wasn't expecting to wake up to pouring rain this morning. A cheeky shower has made it's way across the Region over the last couple of hours....

05.30 59968d3f5dc1a_RadarFri18Aug05_40.thumb.jpg.4b88c7f455c79ec8fc488da3ea28e28e.jpg 07.35 59968d469c5b1_RadarFri18Aug07_35.thumb.jpg.4decca9dfda8bd0eff592d3c6a2bcbcf.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Yesterday morning was pretty wet but the afternoon was lovely and warm with increasing amounts of sunshine. A high of 24c.

Next week looking intereting now as Gert is making much slower progress. Looks like low pressure could become cut off to our west with a continental feed developing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
26 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Wasn't expecting to wake up to pouring rain this morning. A cheeky shower has made it's way across the Region over the last couple of hours....

05.30 59968d3f5dc1a_RadarFri18Aug05_40.thumb.jpg.4b88c7f455c79ec8fc488da3ea28e28e.jpg 07.35 59968d469c5b1_RadarFri18Aug07_35.thumb.jpg.4decca9dfda8bd0eff592d3c6a2bcbcf.jpg

That gave this area a proper soaking. Blue skies since though, looks like a bright day to come. Currently 16C with a moderate breeze from the SW.

• Like 1

Posted

Very heavy rain passing though, very dark but no thunder. The noticable things is watching the temperature fall away after the rain, it feels chilly now, falling a degree in a couple of minutes and still falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Clap of thunder :yahoo:

Posted

Some spells of sunshine earlier today, but more cloudy now and there was a brief but torrential shower earlier, huge raindrops. Looks like more to come. Currently a cool 18C with blustery winds.

Posted

Thunderstorm just passed through here, very heavy rain and gusty winds. Temperature has dropped to a chilly 16C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Nowt to report here, just a heavy shower around 8.10 this morning, blue skies and windy ever since. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not bad for most of the day. (In Great Yarmouth at the moment again.) Looks likewe might get a shower shortly.

Posted

Drove back to St Ives from Huntingdon, been to the flicks to see Atomic Blonde, came out at about 3.15.

Surprised to see lightning and hear thunder, very dark clouds and belting down with rain.

All over very quickly with blue sky following on, knew I should have got the washing in before leaving home. 

Edited by huntso

Posted

Not particularly pleasant today with loads of cloud and howling winds. Went out in shorts and tshirt and felt distinctly chilly, temperature here an underwhelming 19C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
23 hours ago, huntso said:

Drove back to St Ives from Huntingdon, been to the flicks to see Atomic Blonde, came out at about 3.15.

Surprised to see lightning and hear thunder, very dark clouds and belting down with rain.

All over very quickly with blue sky following on, knew I should have got the washing in before leaving home. 

Yes indeed Huntso,

there was a very dramatic skyscape. I went from Chelmsford to Waterbeach yesterday lunchtime to visit a former work colleague and then on to Huntingdon to visit one of my sons (in Hartford) and I could see lightning ahead of me with cauliflower clouds covering the entire view in front of me.

Kind  regards

Dave

• Like 1

Posted

We had far more of an adventure than we bargained for driving from SW London to Bournemouth through yesterday afternoon's storms. The radar grab shows how the line of storms followed the A3 very closely from Guildford through almost to Portsmouth - our exact journey where we watched the cauliflowers towering up in front of us. Then just as we thought we were in the clear a storm seemed to blow up at high speed leading to 'white-out' driving conditions and almost instant flooding as we approached the New Forest. We turned off into the New Forest and stopped to find hail piled up in the woodlands and the temperature showing 9 degrees! A beautiful afternoon with a rainbow greeted us at Sandbanks beach, with dramatic cloudscapes aplenty to complete our day. 

Radar 1.png

Radar 2.png

Sandbanks beach.jpg

Sandbanks rainbow.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Been 'off air' over the weekend as I've been changing over my laptop and switching to Office 365 and cloud storage. I think I'm going to like it a lot, but oh what fun to set up!!

Disappointing today - I hoped it would be a tad warmer. But cloud amounts have pegged the temp back - there was a brief max of 20.9C at 14.00 before thickening cover turned it dull and cool again.

At least we can bask in some late summer hot weather this coming week. We won't be complaining about it feeling cool by Weds! :)

Tues up to 25C 5999e9c35f733_ArpegeTempsTues22Aug17_00.thumb.png.026e7d3b0b5649cc9667bab9084a4858.png Weds up to 28C 5999eb00d49f4_ArpegeTempsWed23Aug15_00.thumb.png.74585bcfedad6f0e781c1c0a23e08e60.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Been 'off air' over the weekend as I've been changing over my laptop and switching to Office 365 and cloud storage. I think I'm going to like it a lot, but oh what fun to set up!!

Disappointing today - I hoped it would be a tad warmer. But cloud amounts have pegged the temp back - there was a brief max of 20.9C at 14.00 before thickening cover turned it dull and cool again.

At least we can bask in some late summer hot weather this coming week. We won't be complaining about it feeling cool by Weds! :)

Tues up to 25C 5999e9c35f733_ArpegeTempsTues22Aug17_00.thumb.png.026e7d3b0b5649cc9667bab9084a4858.png Weds up to 28C 5999eb00d49f4_ArpegeTempsWed23Aug15_00.thumb.png.74585bcfedad6f0e781c1c0a23e08e60.png

Oh no it'll take the cet average up.

Posted
8 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Oh no it'll take the cet average up.

That was a quick (hasty) post from me and I see this morning that other models and the Met Office aren't going for such high temps on Weds. It will all depend on how fast a front moves in and cuts out the sunshine. So don't worry yet Alexis!

• Like 1