Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
23 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Mine disappeared 30 mins later, now says no rain at all, I think they just do it for a laugh :diablo:

yeah mine has gone too, but it shows more rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Yesterday ended up very nice indeed. Off to Paris today for the week. The weather looks a little better than here with temperatures in the mid twenties with just a few showers. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Yesterday pretty good here as well. Plenty of sunshine, the occasional longer cloudy spell, and temp up to 22.4C.

When I got up at 06.30 this morning it was unexpectedly cloudy. The satellite image revealed the problem - an old, decaying trough giving and hour or so of cloud as it moved through.

5980261131b60_CloudTues01Aug07_10.thumb.jpg.0f1cdbab3c5b81b0b9b77f82f4acc45b.jpg

It's cleared me now and the sun is out. Will I see a shower today? The Met Office going for a dry SE corner but with EA getting more showers than yesterday as there's a good chance the phenomenon known as "peninsular convergence" will cause showers to form over the Cornwall/Devon peninsula that run inland in lines. I quite like the other term that's used - the "Brown WIlly effect". :laugh:

Good explanation on Wikipedia for anyone interested https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Willy_effect

• Like 2

Posted

no symbols that flash on my forecast. 

Posted

washing out, window cleaner been. nothing heading my way according to radar.  THEN

it pishes down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, Dami said:

washing out, window cleaner been. nothing heading my way according to radar.  THEN

it pishes down.

Unlucky dami, that's the problem with the type of weather we have now. More like april than august.

Posted
20 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Unlucky dami, that's the problem with the type of weather we have now. More like april than august.

yep. although things seem to be breaking up as they reach me.

5 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

And the symbols are back, even more infact ........ hmmm believe it when I see it :nea:

IMG_0548.PNG

Sorry to be a kill joy but the BBC weather symbols are computer generated. They have zero human input 90% of the time they are wrong. 

Looks like I might get rained off from about lunchtime tomorrow, some very heavy rain due 

Posted
15 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Sorry to be a kill joy but the BBC weather symbols are computer generated. They have zero human input 90% of the time they are wrong. 

Looks like I might get rained off from about lunchtime tomorrow, some very heavy rain due 

That's why they are funny :D we have had one hefty shower come through and some more building, nothing thundery mind, enough to water the garden though :D

Posted
7 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

And the symbols are back, even more infact ........ hmmm believe it when I see it :nea:

IMG_0548.PNG

Seems unbelievable but i can confirm thunder very faint somewhere in the distance also its coming over very dark i think it might rain.

Posted

lolz calm people we know not to take those forecasts as gospel. 

Posted

Actually got sunburnt today. Got the shorts out and did the gardens. Very nice and quite hot at times. Oh how tomorrow will be different 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The first recognisably summer-like day here for weeks. Some sunny spells and the max temperature  reached the dizzy heights of 22C, phew. The less said about tomorrow, the better...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Just watched the last patch of blue sky disappear off east as the cloud associated with today's rain moves in. Arpege suggesting some large differences in amounts for parts of our Region over the next 24 hours, with West Sussex and Surrey wettest with 20 - 30mm, but Norfolk and Kent seeing only 2 - 5mm.

Rainfall accum to 09.00 Thurs 59816f70a0a68_ArpegePrecipAccumto09.00Thur03Aug.thumb.png.29e91f2e1b4a005d1422b44342d6a06f.png

And a windy spell too - I wouldn't fancy the Dover/Calais ferry crossing tomorrow afternoon with the SW'ly funnelling through the Channel!

Max Gusts Thurs 15.00 59816f7ecd4f3_ArpegeWindGustsThur03Aug15_00.thumb.png.8ea1268559422c09874992d545a1f841.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

A local paper has thunderstorm as its current weather :O

http://www.littlehamptongazette.co.uk/

http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/

Doesn't look like a storm, just rain! 

Edited by tomp456

Posted

Actually looked a bit stormy when I got up, but It's been splitting most of the morning, with the wind getting up. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yesterday's wee stormlet was the ninth day so far this season that's seen T&L...So not too bad.

Posted

nice and blowy out there now.

not.