Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Lots of white lightning last night, but thunder wasn't loud enough to upset the cat.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Naff all here, must have missed the fun and games.

Worth adding that I am currently in south Essex, and by that I woke up a couple of times and it wasn't raining and it was bone dry when I got up at around 6/7am.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
51 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Woke up just as that ares of rain went over last night, the rate it was falling at was incredible. Torrential rain! 

Don't think we will catch any showers today because of the direction they are coming from. 

Missed it, very tired last night, what time did that heavy burst pass over? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Between 2-3am was intense 

Just looked at radar for overnight and it looked intense! Even more so for E London and Essex. Did we have any lightning?

Posted
5 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Good morning all, it was like niagra falls outside with the wind blowing about rather unsightly for late July. I’ve seen heavier rain but it was impressive, not sure how much rain fell, will be interesting to find out. 

IMG_3091.thumb.PNG.dcac7073ba397e1d4a909b4ed6cb9981.PNGIMG_3092.thumb.PNG.83dc3056a1f9824029863274de177f1d.PNGIMG_3094.thumb.PNG.96ee5017b79dbce8cb59ec805c7c19e5.PNG

1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Woke up just as that ares of rain went over last night, the rate it was falling at was incredible. Torrential rain! 

Don't think we will catch any showers today because of the direction they are coming from. 

That odd moment on a Sunday morning when you are scrolling through posts on Netweather and start remembering that torrential rain woke you up in the middle of the night! I can vouch it was very heavy here too. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I slept through it all, beginning to become a habit, although I have good authority that it did indeed rain quite heavy here last night. No thunder, but it's watered the garden good.

Sorting out in warm loft but pleasant out when I put out some towels, be it still breezy.

cloudy.

Posted

MetO is the only forecast that has shoved a thunderstorm symbol on my chart, been there on/off for a few days. Not moaning, but you know 'yeah right' springs to mind.

Posted

Another disappointing day here, loads of cloud/very little sunshine,  rained a bit earlier and the wind is howling again now. Max temperature of 20C, pretty poor for the end of July.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

Managed 20 degrees today....pathetic! Looking at the models, the outlook for the foreseeable is grim too. So much for the settled and hot spell predicted for now, it couldn't be any worse!

• Like 1

Posted

See the clear split? See where I am?  Guess what will happen?

picweatherstuff.png

Posted
3 hours ago, CK1981 said:

Managed 20 degrees today....pathetic! Looking at the models, the outlook for the foreseeable is grim too. So much for the settled and hot spell predicted for now, it couldn't be any worse!

Agree, what a rubbish few weeks. Though next weekend looking fairly pleasant now, fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Posted

Felt really cold and damp today, not nice. I looked at my weather diary to see that it didn't get really hot last August until about the 16th..... So let's hope we get a nice few weeks of warmth after this orrible Atlantic stuff! I believe!! And I have had two aubergines off my plant so it's not all bad!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Yesterday was okay, sunny intervals and a high of 21C. Today has started decently and to be honest today and tomorrow look okay with only a few showers dotted around and feeling quite warm.

Posted

Not too bad here at all, just popped up town, its market day and fair few people about.

Sunny spells and breezy, good washing drying day and lot better than when I was in Merseyside last week (did see and hear a good thunderstorm last Wednesday night though)

Nipped over to Ely yesterday afternoon, very pleasant sat in the sun on the Maltings listening to the brass band

Think we are doing about the best over here in the East, always the driest area and living up to that reputation

Edited by huntso
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Yesterday was a perfect day here, warm sunny and not to hot or humid, today looks like it will be the same. This can carry on as far as I'm concerned. However it probably means showers elsewhere. I'm to close to the sea for  the heat of the day to set much off most of the time.

Posted
27 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

seems to be darkening/rainy over this way but i presume no storm as it hasn't been warm today

Yep clouds bubbling up, not sure it's going to give any rain, nothing on radar yet anyway. But the BBC are showing a sense of humour for tomorrow though  :rofl: 

IMG_0547.PNG

Edited by Blazerblue
Typo

Posted

Not wanting to be left out, I have one of 'those' symbols for tomorrow , says 'thunderstorm' too.

well. fancy that. 

thunderpicture.png

Posted
1 hour ago, Dami said:

Not wanting to be left out, I have one of 'those' symbols for tomorrow , says 'thunderstorm' too.

well. fancy that. 

thunderpicture.png

Mine disappeared 30 mins later, now says no rain at all, I think they just do it for a laugh :diablo: