Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
20 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Another blue sky, sunny morning without that wind that really picked up yesterday afternoon, we had some overnight rain, hoping for some more tonight. 

It has been really windy here the last few days but today just had coffee in the garden in the sun (albeit with some layers on) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I guess the only saving grace is with a south westerly flow dominating, we at least will see temperatures near normal (22/23C in general), so in the sun it will feel pleasant and I do think some beefy showers/thunderstorms are at least interesting if we get them and not too much frontal rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

Yeah the heat sometimes is a killer. You just have to take on lots of water and take breaks every 45 mins or so. I did 12 miles of pedestrian mowing a few weeks back in 30c heat dragging bulk bags of grass 300m but the view of box hill and the surrey hills kept me going. Oh and the odd deer saying hello behind the trees. It's not pleasant but I don't need to go to gym or take regular exercise because my job is my exercise! You have to be able to break through the barrier though.  Ive lost over 4 stonne in 1 1/2 years. Ive had to buy new t shirts because my chest has got so big. It's fantastic. Plus, im not confined inside. Connecting with the outdoors every day makes for a happier person.

I work on prestige million pound houses all the way down to average town houses. Outside in the sun when you are working in some of the grounds is breath taking. I used to work in an office, I would never go back again.

Sounds like hard work but rewarding. It is so good to be able to be outside for much of the day, much better than being stuck indoors. Plus you can see any interesting weather more easily, when we do get some. 

Pleasant-ish morning here so I'm off to the allotment before the rain moves in later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

I guess the only saving grace is with a south westerly flow dominating, we at least will see temperatures near normal (22/23C in general), so in the sun it will feel pleasant and I do think some beefy showers/thunderstorms are at least interesting if we get them and not too much frontal rain.

Well if we do get those temperatures and some decent levels of sunshine it won't be too bad. IF!!

Posted

Seems like we are on the verge of a storm over this way, temperature now getting unbearably sticky, and there's that very electrical feel/smell/itch in the air, its come over very dark in the last few minutes and spots of rain are falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

The heavy rain is well and truely here, lets see where this goes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
10 hours ago, Surrey said:

Yeah the heat sometimes is a killer. You just have to take on lots of water and take breaks every 45 mins or so. I did 12 miles of pedestrian mowing a few weeks back in 30c heat dragging bulk bags of grass 300m but the view of box hill and the surrey hills kept me going. Oh and the odd deer saying hello behind the trees. It's not pleasant but I don't need to go to gym or take regular exercise because my job is my exercise! You have to be able to break through the barrier though.  Ive lost over 4 stonne in 1 1/2 years. Ive had to buy new t shirts because my chest has got so big. It's fantastic. Plus, im not confined inside. Connecting with the outdoors every day makes for a happier person.

I work on prestige million pound houses all the way down to average town houses. Outside in the sun when you are working in some of the grounds is breath taking. I used to work in an office, I would never go back again.

There speaks a man who has attained contentedness and job satisfaction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

There speaks a man who has attained contentedness and job satisfaction.

Yes, very much so I'm very happy lol! 

Weather wise, first band of rain pushing through nothing convective wise out of it. Now eyes down south for anything that crops up overnight, this has the potential to be thundery 

Edited by Surrey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Grrrrr loads of drizzle!!!

Either rain properly or don't rain at all! 

Posted
4 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

Grrrrr loads of drizzle!!!

Either rain properly or don't rain at all! 

It did here, but is now also drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual
5 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Been like it all afternoon!

Nature needs to make its mind up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
13 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Drizzle here, for hours, Alexis.

But it's all right: 

Wrong song!:shok:

Posted

What direction is tonights rain coming from, the sky in france is looking rather tasty right now. Seems to be moving east though

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

'A total pile of cack' would describe the weather conditions experienced here today rather succinctly. 

• Like 1

Posted

Radar looks like something is trying to get going now. Guess we'll see later, just heavy rain and wind, or some flashes with it.

Posted

Holy molly unbelievable rain rate at the moment wish i could print screen the radar it is completely red over us here in welling its just immense. And here it goes again. Must be flash flooding somewhere wow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
6 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

Holy molly unbelievable rain rate at the moment wish i could print screen the radar it is completely red over us here in welling its just immense. And here it goes again. Must be flash flooding somewhere wow

I had 23.8mm in less than 2 hours from that and it looks like it's intensified quite a bit since it was over here. 

Posted

Good morning all, it was like niagra falls outside with the wind blowing about rather unsightly for late July. I’ve seen heavier rain but it was impressive, not sure how much rain fell, will be interesting to find out. 

IMG_3091.thumb.PNG.dcac7073ba397e1d4a909b4ed6cb9981.PNGIMG_3092.thumb.PNG.83dc3056a1f9824029863274de177f1d.PNGIMG_3094.thumb.PNG.96ee5017b79dbce8cb59ec805c7c19e5.PNG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

What the actual hell??

im on holiday near Great Yarmouth, and it is currently torrential rain, lightning and booming thunder! Where did this come from??!!

Posted
2 hours ago, mb018538 said:

What the actual hell??

im on holiday near Great Yarmouth, and it is currently torrential rain, lightning and booming thunder! Where did this come from??!!

Don't know but it woke me here in Lowestoft! Didn't last long, will check rain amounts when I venture out.