Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

more like a mass of light rain with some heavy showers, storms embedded. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Heaviest rain in a long while here just now, flash flooding, main road looks like a river.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Torrential rain on M25 crossing, glad traffic was at a virtual standstill!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Some images from today, of the small cell that produced one rumble and then went off the Suffolk coast to increase in intensity early afternoon. Among the clouds and to the side I spotted some lenticular cloud formations, something I have not seen often around here. Very pleased to have seen them even if they did move and dissipate very quickly, as the pictures show. Kept watching the low cloud, in case of any lowering, there was some updraughts but not much more.

DSC00247KFAnderson2017ts.JPG

DSC00248KFAnderson2017ts.JPG

DSC00252KFAnderson2017ts.JPG

DSC00270KFAnderson2017ts.JPG

DSC00272KFAnderson2017ts.JPG

DSC00286KFAnderson2017ts.JPG

• Like 7

Posted

Is it me or has there been a chill in the air recently. I wanted to get some air and couldn't get any kip so I had an early morning walk in the woodlands it was 12C but it felt distinctly nippy. Perhaps it is indicative of how warm the summer has been? The last few weeks have not been too inspiring unfortunate really a downgrade from excellent status summer 2017 had hold it still has been a very good summer open to change, the nights are slowly starting to draw in. The reduction in daylight in the mornings is quite apparent, on the slow slog to Autumn. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very dreary morning here with leaden skies and a cool breeze. 16C currently. Model output continues to depress and irritate if one wishes a return to summer-like conditions anytime soon. 

• Like 2

Posted

Disgusting day so far here, all the lights on it's that gloomy.

Fortunately off to Yarmouth on the Isle of Wight for a nights stay where the weather looks far more promising.

• Like 2

Posted

Light showers about all day, now quite a heavy squall coming through. 

Posted
Spoiler

14 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Is it me or has there been a chill in the air recently. I wanted to get some air and couldn't get any kip so I had an early morning walk in the woodlands it was 12C but it felt distinctly nippy. Perhaps it is indicative of how warm the summer has been? The last few weeks have not been too inspiring unfortunate really a downgrade from excellent status summer 2017 had hold it still has been a very good summer open to change, the nights are slowly starting to draw in. The reduction in daylight in the mornings is quite apparent, on the slow slog to Autumn. 

It feels noticeably chilly to the point where I looked at the thermometer last night, 17.c late evening 14.c this morning, the rain/drizzle making it feel a bit damp also. Admittedly, my flat keep it's temperate and it's been 28.c inside for months, so any drop in temps is noticeable. Brrrr.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Dry and bright with sunny intervals and a light NW zephyr, 19C...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Popped in here for a moan, hope no-one minds? Depressing isn't it? Autumnal at the wrong time of year, we did light the woodburner last night, just to cheer ourselves up a bit.  Probably be a scorching October.... I don't mind the rain in the form of heavy showers as long as the sun comes out and it's hot, but today's gloom is really bringing me down - I want to plan outdoor stuff and it just isn't sunny enough to inspire.

• Like 3

Posted

I find it nice cool and refreshing out side. The only thing I have to complain about at the min is, my house still won't cool down. Fingers crossed it's the same in winter so that I don't need a lot of heating to stay warm. I bet it isn't though.

• Like 3

Posted

high of 16.8, still 16.6, but indoors I'm sweating like it's 30 outside. might be the humidity which is at 85% only thing I can think of.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.
2 hours ago, dubmuffin said:

Popped in here for a moan, hope no-one minds? Depressing isn't it? Autumnal at the wrong time of year, we did light the woodburner last night, just to cheer ourselves up a bit.  Probably be a scorching October.... I don't mind the rain in the form of heavy showers as long as the sun comes out and it's hot, but today's gloom is really bringing me down - I want to plan outdoor stuff and it just isn't sunny enough to inspire.

Totally agree with you Dub, particularly the bolded comments. Apart from a fleeting glimpse of the sun for 20 minutes around 1pm it's been dismal down here on the south coast.

Drizzle, then rain, then more drizzle. Sullen grey skies and a maximum temp of just 16.9c so far today. The weekend wasn't much better either. Depressing.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Nice to have a couple of rubbish days makes you enjoy the better days.\
\lets be honest, there have baan very very few days like this this summer.

So far this summer has been well above expectations.

If you expect Spanish style weather every day in the Uk then bugger off to Spain lol.  :diablo:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Awful day, barely reaching the mid teens with a cold northerly wind. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Very poor day here - frequently grey and drizzly with just a few short glimpses of the sun. But the most notable aspect of the weather here was the gusty wind - had a gust of 26 mph at 13.30.

It wasn't poor everywhere - nice and sunny in the west and Scotland achieved 26C. But I don't think we should grumble too much - overall we have more nice days than them! :p

17.00 597634522f0d1_CloudMon24July17_00.thumb.jpg.17de5939906028a464fc84fcc5bcdfc0.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

14oC and drizzly here all day. Had my coat on! Shocking. My parents facetimed me from Glasgow having a BBQ and they were roasting up there. They got me back as all too often I'm sending them pics of the sun down south lol. Fair play to them - they deserve some nice weather this year 

Edited by Daryl Dixon
  • Like 3

Posted
23 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Posted

Really is chilly... But as others have said we've had a pretty good summer this year. But, yea, this is not great. Come on jet stream move north!!!

r/e Daniel... Not sure how I copied and pasted that? I was reading it on my iPad and somehow pasted it... Erm anyway.

Edited by Tommo1969
Pasted by mistake
  • Like 1