Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
5 minutes ago, Radiating Dendrite said:

High summer and here it is currently dark, raining and only 13.4c and falling! More like an October day. 

'Twas warmer on Christmas Day. 

• Like 1

Posted

its certainly.. different, to be in the hot spot temp-wise for our region but i'll take it.. Been mostly cloudy all day but the rain is just about to arrive and i can feel it getting chilly as it gets dark from the thicker clouds coming in

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

After a lovely morning in Banbury it started to cloud over at lunchtime and we have now had 2 hours of quite heavy persistent rain and the temperature has dropped to a dreadful 15C. Looks like another couple of hours of rain to come, going by the radar. Thought it was meant to be showery today, not a hideous deluge?? Well, I hope that those of you that moaned about the heat are happy, this is soooo much better :)

• Like 5

Posted

Big thunderstorms here right now. Lots of lightning and thunder and very heavy rain 

• Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

After a lovely morning in Banbury it started to cloud over at lunchtime and we have now had 2 hours of quite heavy persistent rain and the temperature has dropped to a dreadful 15C. Looks like another couple of hours of rain to come, going by the radar. Thought it was meant to be showery today, not a hideous deluge?? Well, I hope that those of you that moaned about the heat are happy, this is soooo much better :)

Gone all giddy evaporative cooling, snow? :crazy:

• Like 1

Posted
On 07/21/2017 at 12:04, Dami said:

Quite nice for early September

wait, what:cc_confused:

Tbh been a brilliant summer till now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
54 minutes ago, biddie said:

Tbh been a brilliant summer till now

TBH I was talking about the weather now, not what the last few weeks have given.

And TBH I am loving this cooler, stormy weather.

cheers:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

There are some dramatic cloudscapes to my west, particularly given that it's overcast here so there's no direct sunlight to accentute the darker cloud bases.  What is strange is that,due to where the Low is centred and how far from the centre the outermost showers are positioned, it's styed dry here while much of the rest of East Anglia has been wet.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Wasnt it nice for a cooler afternoon/evening.

Almost had that autumn type feel, not earlier in day as warm over 20c.

Very little in the way of showers think we only had one.

15c as it got dark been ages since that happened,

Reading all the posts one feels like one is living in a different country down here lol...

Edited by seaside 60

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
5 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

There are some dramatic cloudscapes to my west, particularly given that it's overcast here so there's no direct sunlight to accentute the darker cloud bases.  What is strange is that,due to where the Low is centred and how far from the centre the outermost showers are positioned, it's styed dry here while much of the rest of East Anglia has been wet.

Noticed this too at 06:30 this morning whilst driving to work with low clouds racing past. Also as you said later coming home very well defined cloud bases despite the lack of sunlight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

That's nearly 9 hours of steady soaking rain here now, hardly 'showers' as was forecast. Met Office a bit off, I'd say!

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

First heavy shower of the day coming through now, no thunder and lightning with it though.

Posted

Thunder and lightning in dover now, not showing on lightning map for some reason though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)
53 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Thunder and lightning in dover now, not showing on lightning map for some reason though.

Its showing on Blitzortung. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

That's nearly 9 hours of steady soaking rain here now, hardly 'showers' as was forecast. Met Office a bit off, I'd say!

After being down in basildon today, it certainly looked more organised though it certainly wasn't frontal rain. Seeing off a close friend this morning as she is moving to Thailand for a new job. Quote a bit of for on the m25 which is unusual for the time of year. Hopefully the weather will be better today.

• Like 1

Fantastic start to the day here but a bit a cool, this will change though going by the euro4 which breaks out some quite heavy thundery showers for us this afternoon 

Screenshot_20170723-065720.thumb.png.2660a3814555776d191f7817b1472078.pngScreenshot_20170723-065729.thumb.png.29dbf0ebc7df754b92a210bd947efd0c.png

Screenshot_20170723-065740.thumb.png.67ce5982dde87fa888e50ca9c541ea3c.pngScreenshot_20170723-065751.thumb.png.ea1aac6f4ed745d6a9c97b4f1731910d.png

Up to 30mm of rain in some places a touch more showing in a few localised places 

Screenshot_20170723-065805.thumb.png.8285e572971e55869ea792dd10cd3eb9.png

Met Office hinting at thunderstorms later will depend on how long the sun lasts I imagine 

Posted
8 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Blimey thats amazing just shows you how much dryer more often than not how dry this corner is.

I had to shut the windows and doors once yesterday for 10 mins or so, that is the sum total all day.

• Like 1

Posted

Had a fantastic day crabbing in whitstable yesterday. Had lots of wind but no rain. Sunny but chilly especially if you dipped your toes in the water. Had 10 or 11 little crabs in the bucket. Think we will be back there in august. As will be in manston campsite for 4 nights 

Posted

went to bed and it was raining. Get up and it's raining.

:crazy:

• Like 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

Had a fantastic day crabbing in whitstable yesterday. Had lots of wind but no rain. Sunny but chilly especially if you dipped your toes in the water. Had 10 or 11 little crabs in the bucket. Think we will be back there in august. As will be in manston campsite for 4 nights 

Try the corners of the breakwaters when the tide is out esp down the bottoms of them, you should find many more and be able to pick them up rather than catch them lol..

Posted

Sun out now.feels like, well I dunno. It doesn't feel like summer. Honestly don't want to be wearing summer dresses at Christmas. :cold-emoji:

Posted

I went from being in the hotspot of the region yesterday to being in the cold spot today :cold-emoji::oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Really intense shower here just now!

IMG_1168.PNG

Posted
26 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

quite a nippy day ! Heating on full 

wow, it's not that cold, in fact I still feel quite uncomfortable in doors.