Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Looking at the fax charts it was a trough that came through overnight giving a short burst of rain. I heard the rain but the amount barely registered on my rain gauge. This morning is grey but still warm with a temp of 18.8C and humidity 82%. Looks like a mainly cloudy day as a cold front - still out to our west - to slowly trundles east bringing the fresher air with it.

597054aed636f_CloudThurs20July07_35.thumb.jpg.06dd067ef142dabf5eb5ae692f651462.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cool, cloudy and breezy again here. Apparently will become sunny from lunchtime. We shall see, I do hope so though, this gloom is very dreary.

Posted

Fresh more pleasant feel this morning, very welcome after yesterdays stickiness. Currently 17c, forecast for a max of 21c at 10am which I don't think we can quite manage, but then the temp is meant to dip off this afternoon down to 13c which seems pretty chilly for a mid July afternoon even by Norfolk standards!

Posted

Netweather forecast for next Wednesday seems a bit off, those temperatures and the humidity :oops:

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 08.43.29.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
30 minutes ago, Delka said:

Fresh more pleasant feel this morning, very welcome after yesterdays stickiness. Currently 17c, forecast for a max of 21c at 10am which I don't think we can quite manage, but then the temp is meant to dip off this afternoon down to 13c which seems pretty chilly for a mid July afternoon even by Norfolk standards!

Where do you get 13c this afternoon from if you dont mind me asking, as  there is no way it will be that low, you would be lucky to get a min of 13c.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Delka said:

Netweather forecast for next Wednesday seems a bit off, those temperatures and the humidity :oops:

Screen Shot 2017-07-20 at 08.43.29.png

The worse thing about SW winds in the summer, hopefully that will change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

well it completely chucked it down. caught a lot of people by surprise.I was wearing rain stuffs, as was bubs :yahoo:

Number of people in flip flops and no coat or umbrella :wallbash:

Humid. Lovely.

Posted
21 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Where do you get 13c this afternoon from if you dont mind me asking, as  there is no way it will be that low, you would be lucky to get a min of 13c.

Netweather forecast, overnight min into tomorrow is forecast 11c

Posted
15 minutes ago, Delka said:

Netweather forecast, overnight min into tomorrow is forecast 11c

Thanks well I can see how overnight can get to 11c, but would be surprised and happy if it does, especially as you next to the sea like me, but not the 13c this afternoon lol..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Still a rather muggy 22C over here...another wee drop of the wet stuff wouldn't go a miss.:)

Posted

Another pic from the storms from my home town.

Gutted I was in land locked beddy :(

• Like 5

Posted

I got soaked lass. 

Posted

That was a bit more then a spot of drizzle :oops: The office I work in overlooks the high street of Hunstanton and it was entertaining to see all the tourists getting caught out while drinking their costa outside :rofl: The sharp heavy rain started then stopped just as quickly but now its drizzling. Time to head out for lunch break with no coat.. :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted

Quick check of the radar and it seems to be playing up and under doing the precipitation over my area 

Posted

Back from lunch.. bit wet is an understatement, radar really isn't showing the true strength of what just passed over. Decided to go sit down the front for some chips and alongside multiple school trips got stranded in some shelters. That wind is insanely strong, and the sheets of rain just caused a complete white out. Anybody know of any other rain radars not on netweather that I could use to see how heavy that really was?

Posted

Disappointed in the radar as the one time I very much need it it decides to play up on me. I know I'm being very over the top and probably stupid looking at it but if you look at previous updates on the radar showing the shape of it, then follow it over my area, it looks very much like it had/has a hook on it? Or is that me being wishful and its actually just the way it formed and the shape of it? All I can say is that 10-15 minutes brought some of the strongest gusts I think I may have ever experienced alongside walls of rain sweeping down the street taking the wheelie bins from the shops with it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Dreadful day so far, no sign yet of that forecasted clearance of cloud. Howling winds, even had a downpour earlier. A pathetic 18C currently, 6C below average. 

Posted

Since that storm/shower/thing came through the temperature has started to plummet, it was 19.5c when it was arriving and all of a sudden after just over half an hour its down to 14c and still dropping, I'd say the low of 13c is possible if it keeps dropping..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's just gone through here, so I'm looking forward to the cooldown...Thunder!!:yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

There was some torrential rain here during the morning, looks like this developed further as it moved east to give some thunder as well as the rain. It eventually did turn much sunnier this afternoon with a pleasant evening in the wings.