Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
27 minutes ago, Dami said:

many thx.

yep we tried that. but still got the issue :(

If all else fails, and you have the heating on a separate circuit and  fuse.

Pull the dam fuse out then it wont work lol.

Problem comes if you have other stuff on the same circuit....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

main issue is the hot weather would go off too. had a shower so i'm ok for today.

Heating for the minute off but our hot water is boiling hot now.

Posted
On 15/07/2017 at 10:04, seaside 60 said:

Why do we never get extremes of cold in the winter. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Geography. Move to Norway, Canada or Nepal if you want winter white stuff.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

just saw the weather on TV

Fascinating news lassie!! And......? Or were you distracted by Ellie Harrison on Countryfile! :nonono:

Well Arpege was spot on with it's forecast for my area this afternoon. The first light shower arrived around 16.00 but by 17.00 there were some heavy showers around and now at 20.00 a real heavy shower moving through.

Arpege 17.00 596bbc4b0a2d8_ArpegePrecipSun16July17_00.thumb.png.b67efeb85a62a84246d552846feae0ba.png Hadleigh 17.30 596bbc9405d37_Sun16July18_00.thumb.jpg.a3b3a6a2f885ce135734e80342f7e612.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Fascinating news lassie!! And......? Or were you distracted by Ellie Harrison on Countryfile! :nonono:

Well Arpege was spot on with it's forecast for my area this afternoon. The first light shower arrived around 16.00 but by 17.00 there were some heavy showers around and now at 20.00 a real heavy shower moving through.

Arpege 17.00 596bbc4b0a2d8_ArpegePrecipSun16July17_00.thumb.png.b67efeb85a62a84246d552846feae0ba.png Hadleigh 17.30 596bbc9405d37_Sun16July18_00.thumb.jpg.a3b3a6a2f885ce135734e80342f7e612.jpg

it said thunder lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Holy he'll it's humid tonight. I'm sweating doing not much.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
10 hours ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

Geography. Move to Norway, Canada or Nepal if you want winter white stuff.

Can I say the same to all those who want hot weather and cant understand why its not always 30c clear blue skies every day. :diablo::diablo:

• Like 1

Posted

After yesterday's rain and it did, it's gone from a cool morning to nicely warm, sunny with milky skies. 

If it's gonna you know *storm* it needs to tell the forecast where to go and storm on Tuesday. Then there's a chance the ground will be dry for picnics on Wednesday.

However where I will be will a perfect place to see an on coming storm, and i shall be within running distance to home.

yeah storm about 2:30 please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

After days of gloomy skies, summer has finally returned with lovely strong sunshine, blue skies and light breezes. Currently a pleasant 23C.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes it's still on the special board. Up there with the deep fried wotsit and the deviled do da.

WEDNESDAYCRAPPPP.png

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
29 minutes ago, Dami said:

Yes it's still on the special board. Up there with the deep fried wotsit and the deviled do da.

WEDNESDAYCRAPPPP.png

having deviled doo da for pudding today

Posted
31 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

having deviled doo da for pudding today

Tell me what it's like as I expect this board to change if that pesky arome thing gets its way and takes all the storms SW. Then it will be fried nothings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Where was this weather over the weekend. Cloudless, just a very light northerly breeze and temperatures up to 25c with low humidity. Perfect.

• Like 2

Another lovely day, looks like tomorrow is going to be another hot one, albeit on the humid side. Fortunately it looks like we'll miss the bulk of the thunderstorms if the Netwx-SR is anything to go by - going to be very very wet to the West of us though!

26 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Another lovely day, looks like tomorrow is going to be another hot one, albeit on the humid side. Fortunately it looks like we'll miss the bulk of the thunderstorms if the Netwx-SR is anything to go by - going to be very very wet to the West of us though!

Indeed it will, Netwx-SR shows a small collection of cells moving across the south east of England....Fingers crossed....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

In the end 26C was reached here, stuning day with only some high level cloud.

Tomorrow looks nice again with lots of sunshine

arpegeuk-41-26-0.png?17-18

Temperatures similar, perhaps a touch higher in the south compared to today, possibly up to 28C. There will be an increasing easterly breeze which should prevent things from feeling too uncomfortable.

It looks like a band of thunderstorms will move north overnight into Wednesday morning and clear to leave sunny spells. Showers will break out and these could be potentially severe across the Midlands into my area. Still a long way off though, Wednesday does look potentially hot though cloud amounts could limit the maxima.

No point commenting beyond this as the models don't agree.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, Snow Queen one said:

Looks like all the rain misses me here in Kent.  Shame my garden needs more water.

We could do with some rain here as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I wonder if this happens again tomorrow night, hopefully not here. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: overcast, mild, no wind.

all I know is the forecasts agree that the storms arrive after I finish my shift today and should be gone before I start my shift tomorrow evening. perfect :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Eyes down.... here we go! I love days like this. Will it... won't it... a peep at the radar and Blitzortung!! :) (Just annoyed I'm working today though).

The BBC/Met Office seem confident our Region will see some action. The local East Anglian forecast even said "frequent lightning and a very wet night".

Today 17.00 596db1f495aa6_BBCTues17_00.thumb.jpg.9ba201431e40ff2e6947f56723ed8998.jpg 20.00 596db20b254fb_BBCTue20_00.thumb.jpg.83fee593fb933e945ea538507578695f.jpg

Tomorrow 02.00 596db223c5596_BBCWed02_00.thumb.jpg.8ede2b5b9ac81c65b618b7d5cfd511be.jpg

However, I'm slightly puzzled as both GFS and Arpege models suggest the most unstable air is over the West Country this evening/overnight with little instability over our Region. It's not until Weds afternoon that both models develop some decent unstable air over us. As always, it will be interesting to see what plays out!  

GFS Today 20.00 596db3477f4e6_GFSCAPELITue18July20_00.thumb.GIF.da63fd69e226a5903fcbeb13447b534d.GIF Weds 14.00 596db353e6f2a_GFSCAPELIWed19July14_00.thumb.GIF.3fa890ea3b460fc2934dad28dcf56b90.GIF

Arpege Today 20.00 596db37a89178_ArpegeMUCAPETue18July20_00.thumb.png.d35ebcedb4e1005f873842aa07f12f90.png Weds 14.00 596db383533b0_ArpegeMUCAPEWed19July14_00.thumb.png.b1dea8c9a1567f3d0d6ac420f3ca4ceb.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Apparently there's a higher risk for Norwich on Friday :rofl: Still 0% for today into tomorrow :p 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

The TAF's the southern counties look horrific if you're after a storm. 

My guess is the west is best today.