Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

Windy ?? you on the beans again,:D we have very little wind here.:pardon:

Must be the sea-breeze component? Seems to have calmed down a bit, now?:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
20 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Must be the sea-breeze component? Seems to have calmed down a bit, now?:rofl:

I see, so leave the sea breeze out of your diet then lol..:girl_devil:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Well we have a breeze in Bedford HQ, spinning the umbrella on our patio round. Quite strong it is and warm feeling. Getting thundery symbols all over my forecast but nothing remotely showing on radar. Quite a bit of cloud around mind but the sun is breaking thru this. 

:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunshine and fair weather cloud here, up to 26c with a light southerly breeze. Not bad to be honest.

19 minutes ago, Dami said:

Well we have a breeze in Bedford HQ, spinning the umbrella on our patio round. Quite strong it is and warm feeling. Getting thundery symbols all over my forecast but nothing remotely showing on radar. Quite a bit of cloud around mind but the sun is breaking thru this. 

:rofl:

Supposed to arrive later this evening from N.France from what I've heard...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

27C here, so much for a cool down this weekend, lovely weather.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

27C here, so much for a cool down this weekend, lovely weather.

27 here too mate! I'm not convinced it'll be too cold down here this week either. Low 20's yes, but then warming up at the end of the week. We're really doing well this summer :) 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

We had some dark clouds around 2.30 here which I was convinced was going to produce a downpour but didn't.  It's quite heavy now, though it isn't quite 8/8ths cloud.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman

Posted
1 hour ago, LimoPreacherman said:

Supposed to arrive later this evening from N.France from what I've heard...

then i am clearly DOOMED.

Posted
4 minutes ago, LimoPreacherman said:

Lol

Maybe something will pop up....?

nah not on ya nelly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Where's all the mongooseing storms!!!!!

you catch my drift :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, CK1981 said:

27 here too mate! I'm not convinced it'll be too cold down here this week either. Low 20's yes, but then warming up at the end of the week. We're really doing well this summer :) 

We are doing well, it's becoming a very nice summer indeed in our part of the UK. Like you say, this week doesn't look too awful and charts are showing another warm up from next weekend. All we need now is an all night severe thunderstorm outbreak :)

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
17 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

We are doing well, it's becoming a very nice summer indeed in our part of the UK. Like you say, this week doesn't look too awful and charts are showing another warm up from next weekend. All we need now is an all night severe thunderstorm outbreak :)

Ive been lucky, had mine 31st of may. Hope something comes up your way soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Another perfect summers day here on this part of the Sussex Coast. Out and about enjoying the wall to wall sunshine, warm temperatures ( 25.4c ) and supporting the local economy at the Hastings Midsummer Seafood Festival.

It's great to see so many happy smiling faces all around my home town of Hastings/St Leonards-on-Sea doing similar in one way or another, be they locals, day trippers or holiday makers.

Towns like this need all the help to their tourist industry they can get so you will never hear me complaining about it being too warm/hot/sunny.

• Like 5

Posted
11 minutes ago, SenlacJack said:

Another perfect summers day here on this part of the Sussex Coast. Out and about enjoying the wall to wall sunshine, warm temperatures ( 25.4c ) and supporting the local economy at the Hastings Midsummer Seafood Festival.

It's great to see so many happy smiling faces all around my home town of Hastings/St Leonards-on-Sea doing similar in one way or another, be they locals, day trippers or holiday makers.

Towns like this need all the help to their tourist industry they can get so you will never hear me complaining about it being too warm/hot/sunny.

That's a good shout about the tourism trade. This weather is certainly helping many of the small traders. Good weather outside of the summer holidays helps immensely. 

Im surprised it's still so warm though. I thought it was going to break this weekend. Still 28oC upstairs 

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, alexisj9 said:

Ive been lucky, had mine 31st of may. Hope something comes up your way soon.

You are in a good spot for all those Kent Clippers! Hopefully something for all our region soon, like we used to get.

• Like 1

Posted

Well looking at the radar forecast from MO, any storms and showers are only half to what they were,  looks like another nothing ness for most.

Yesterday it looked pretty good chance of a lot of rain but now not a lot, mayb by the morning it will change.

Wasnt this week supposed to have been bad, did I miss the bad.

Down here this summer just doesnt stop producing warm to hot weather.

Feels nice and fresh outside, but the house is still like a sauna.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Not a bad day really, mostly cloudy but very warm, looked vaguely threatening mid afternoon and a few random drops of rain materialised briefly. Another cool breeze this evening dropped the temps a fair bit, but that's gone and it's like velvet out there now :)

Posted
1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

Well looking at the radar forecast from MO, any storms and showers are only half to what they were,  looks like another nothing ness for most.

Yesterday it looked pretty good chance of a lot of rain but now not a lot, mayb by the morning it will change.

Wasnt this week supposed to have been bad, did I miss the bad.

Down here this summer just doesnt stop producing warm to hot weather.

Feels nice and fresh outside, but the house is still like a sauna.

Same house is boiling still humid outside

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Back from my hols in Germany and France. Had a mixed bag of weather; hot & sunny when we arrived, a thundery breakdown with a wet and windy middle, then very hot and thundery end. Here's a couple of photos with a loose connection with the weather to keep on topic!

Lake Titisee at 2,400 ft in the Black Forest with storms building over the mountains: 5963223f30133_LakeTitiseeJune2017.thumb.jpg.962f7f8cfb63f16f4dc9d8e3184dc8a9.jpg

Riquewihr in the Alsace. 35C and people sticking to the shady side of the street: 59632250bacbe_RiquewihrJuly2017.thumb.jpg.6be9dd41b058fdc7173cf40bae7194ef.jpg

Today looking interesting for East Anglia and the Kent corner, with a good chance of heavy showers and some scattered storms. Looking like the best chance around 12.00 to 15.00.

Arpege MUCAPE 13.00 5963226d95a3d_ArpegeMUCAPEMon10July13_00.thumb.png.44777907d558969267e50c6aa5230de4.png NMM SBCAPE & LI 12.00 59632284c8e4b_NMMSBCAPELIMon10July12_00.thumb.png.4243710b2b13a8cc6d7f8ca4bac427f5.png

BBC/Met Off graphic 15.00 596322ad2cb4d_Mon10July.thumb.jpg.4f5551ee56efaa4c507e7e1fed1d2f34.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Lovely pics Malcolm.

Had a very heavy Rain shower and winds last night around 9:30, I waited in hope of flash or two but no.

A 'cooler' morning although of course the sun was warm. Some cloud building but it looks like after the storm crud rather than building the storm cloud. But we shall see, no real rain forecast for me after all.

• Like 1

Posted

The rain in the channel looks like its a miss.

So home grown ones in the far east looks more likely, even then they will have to develop very quickly as radar shows loads for midday and not a shower showing a yet in this area.