Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

The sun was very hot here today until about 3pm, now humid, felt like the med does on a hot day. Now the strangest thing has happened, got warm water coming out of the cold tap in bathroom, everything feels hot upstairs, beds, towels, baking.:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
11 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Hello Mark,

Another hot one here today also. My wife and I together with our daughter-in-law and some friends went to Beeleigh Abbey near Maldon today for one of their garden open days. It is owned by the chap that owns Foyles bookshops. It was really too hot to walk around too much, especially for our daughter in law who is expecting a baby at the beginning of August. The humidity felt very high as well.

I trust the the colonoscopy did not unearth any thing untoward. They are certainly not a pleasant experience. I have had them in the past and will be having another one a week on Thursday. The laxative tastes horrible and I am not allowed anything to eat after midday on Wednesday with my torture programmed for 15.45 the following day.

The weekend looks fairly reasonable and hopefully it will be less oppressive. We had no rain here yesterday and so it means more watering to do tonight up the allotment as well as the garden.

Kind Regards

Dave

Hi Dave , Congratulations to your daughter in law and family on the pending New arrival , the humidity has sure been high and I retreated back inside earlier for a little reprieve. For me this hot spell seems more humid than the hotter spell we had a couple of weeks back .

My colonoscopy went ok, they found minor infection which was not widespread and According to them is easily treatable with medication they have sent some samples off for analysis but have told me this is nothing to worry about , so no nasty surprises as I knew something was up as I've been going to the doctors for over a year with persistent issues and in the end requested a colonoscopy myself because of several different diagnosis from several different doctors . I wish you the very best with your visit, it's not a nice experience as you say and agree the laxative is horrible it's reminded me of lemsip but 20 times stronger . I have to mention the staff at Kingston hospital were brilliant who tried to put me at ease ( I'm a bit of a worrier and was extremely nervous ) and I let them know so in both filling out a questionaire and thanking them .

Many Thanks and best wishes Mark

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Nice day with good sunny spells, well until mid-afternoon when it clouded over. A high of 27C today so not bad at all.

Another 30C day in London I see, nice guess this morning, so how about the weekend.

Tomorrow - Well a lot of cloud will move in from the west which could be stubborn to clear, but if the sun does come out then it will become very warm again.

arpegeuk-41-26-0.png?07-18

23-27C, where temperatures will reach will depend on cloud cover.

Sunday - A brighter day with sunshine but with pressure not particularly high and with some pretty warm air over us then some showers could break out anywhere and these could be pretty intense. Also there is the chance of some thunderstorms moving north out of France later in the day.

arpegeuk-41-50-0.png?07-18

25-28C looks a good bet. 

I think it is a question of how sunny tomorrow is, I have seen cloudy weather forecast only to see sunny skies, Sunday looks like the best day if you avoid the showers but if Saturday turns out nice then another solid weekend beckons.

• Like 3

Posted

Walking home from a BBQ last night at around midnight it was quite pleasant with a light breeze. Walk in the house and it's like the heating is on. Was going to sleep in the garden. Crazy how a house retains heat for so long. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Good start, the sun is out here with mainly clear skies.

Posted

Big grey clouds first thing, I thought we might get rain, still dull now with a welcome north westerly breeze allowing lovely air to fill the lungs :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

A rather cool and cloudy start but the sun is now making a welcome appearance, I loathe summer days which remind me of February!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cloudy very early this morning with a brief shower but now sunny with very light winds, 21C currently and feeling very pleasant.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
4 hours ago, Daryl Dixon said:

Walking home from a BBQ last night at around midnight it was quite pleasant with a light breeze. Walk in the house and it's like the heating is on. Was going to sleep in the garden. Crazy how a house retains heat for so long. 

Yes was unbearable in my house last night, a wall was baking hot on the inside, could barely breath in my bedroom. No joke!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
42 minutes ago, Bogman said:

Another lovely day. Best summer for along time.

Yes, 24C and sunny, perfect. Hope it lasts!

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely day with just some high cloud and a little fair weather cloud. 23C here.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

27c or 28c looking like a high somewhere. A few degrees up on forecasts for today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Cloudy until about 3:pm here, suns feeling warm now.

• Like 1

Posted

A lot of high cloud to start, though there are signs of this breaking up already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

BBC showing this for tomorrow! Hmmm :nea:

IMG_0541.PNG

Just caught the BBC's forecast for tommoz...Rather juicy if it comes off?:yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like another hot day in our patch. I wouldn't be surprised to see 30 recorded somewhere if it stays clear!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, CK1981 said:

Looks like another hot day in our patch. I wouldn't be surprised to see 30 recorded somewhere if it stays clear!

Yes, the gorgeous weather continues! 24C here already and loads of sun. Lovely :)

• Like 3

Posted

I can see tonnes of convection here at the lotty! I'd bet on a shower today. 

Warning for those east of London tomorrow for those imports

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2017-07-10

Edited by Team Squirrel
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

What an unusual combination of stats: Cloudy, notably windy and 26C!:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

What an unusual combination of stats: Cloudy, notably windy and 26C!:shok:

Windy ?? you on the beans again,:D we have very little wind here.:pardon:

• Like 1