Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Hope this grows! - Herne Bay

19667875_10154696580552108_7419581436741766602_o.jpg

Posted

Well, i didn't see any lightening but it was pretty lively out norwich way according to the edp and all trains from norwich were cancelled due to lightening strikes

how do you spell lightening?

Edited by JennyJane1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Nothing to be seen or heard around these parts just some convection, really disappointing, haven't seen a single storm this year and I have only heard one very distant rumble of thunder. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
12 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

I hope the peeps in Lincs are happy now!

There has been a report of a tornado, according to a UK severe weather network organisation:

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUEST
Tornado Warning
UKSWN Lincoln England
940 PM BST Thu July 8 2017

The United Kingdom Severe Weather Network in Lincoln has issued a

*Tornado Warning for
Northern and Central Lincolnshire County in Eastern England

*Until 1030 pm BST

*At 940 PM BST..A Confirmed Tornado was located 25 miles NE of Lincoln, This Dangerous Storm is moving ENE at 46 mph.

Hazard...Damaging Tornado

SOURCE...RADAR INDICATED ROTATION AND MEMBER OF PUBLIC.

IMPACT...FLYING DEBRIS WILL BE DANGEROUS TO THOSE CAUGHT WITHOUT SHELTER. MOBILE HOMES WILL BE DAMAGED OR DESTROYED. DAMAGE TO ROOFS...WINDOWS AND VEHICLES WILL OCCUR. TREE DAMAGE IS LIKELY.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

TAKE COVER NOW IN A STORM SHELTER OR AN INTERIOR ROOM OF A STURDY BUILDING. STAY AWAY FROM DOORS AND WINDOWS.

Posted

Got to say i am absolutely melting tonite wow its hot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
12 minutes ago, Stephanie Starr said:

Scary stuff anyone know where tornado was reported

Supposedly 25 miles north-east of Lincoln, but I'm dubious given that UK weather radar cannot detect movement either to or from the radar site as US weather radar does, and the report was based on a member of the public, who may have seen a funnel cloud and reported it as a tornado.  TORRO didn't report it, and they seem more reliable than UKSWN.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman

Posted

Nothing came to frutition today, the storms promised for London buggered off over europe, and probably what will happen when I turn up in Italy/Germany in a few weeks time, the UK will see some huge MCS event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well I certainly did not expect the level of heat which came about yesterday with 32C reached in London. Missed out yesterday but still got a very warm day though 27C isn't at the same level as those further south. So today....

arpegeuk-41-14-0.png?07-06

25-29C from the arpege, could hit 30C in London if the cloud amounts this afternoon are being overstated. It will cool down slowly over the weekend and into next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Morning all. Very warm night, had the fan running in the bedroom on full power lol. 18C now which feels nice. Some very interesting higher level clouds passing here, haven't seen this type for years. Anyone know what they are? Very pretty!

IMG_4459.JPG

IMG_4460.JPG

IMG_4461.JPG

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Lovely day all told or it would of been had it not been for the dirt bag that put a load of carpet rolls on our front garden, working on next door, and gave no lemons when we asked for it be removed. Manners here are like storms. I don't think either exist.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Morning all. Very warm night, had the fan running in the bedroom on full power lol. 18C now which feels nice. Some very interesting higher level clouds passing here, haven't seen this type for years. Anyone know what they are? Very pretty!

IMG_4459.JPG

IMG_4460.JPG

IMG_4461.JPG

Think the bottom two are a sheet formation with small holes. We call that Altocumulus Perculartus, probabaly at the highest height range for medium type cloud. Nice to look at  and good photos thanks.

C

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well nothing came of the storm potential yesterday.

Lots of William's favourite AcCas around today.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another lovely day here, not quite as hot as yesterday but still nice and warm at 26C currently. Some cirrus about but mostly blue skies and light winds. Proper summer :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Watching the cricket from Lords on TV, looks lovely down in London. Removal van comes tomorrow and hopefully I will be having a relaxing pint and a cheeky fag in the beer garden of the Horse and Groom, Rushlake Green , East Sussex tomorrow evening that's if I don't bring the cloudy skies and chill wind with me from the North country.

C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Forecast Bedford HQ on Sunday.

Excuse me.

:rofl:

badweatherNOT.png

Posted

29C now, another hot one.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Another beautiful day here in chessington with only high level cloud  , it's been a lot easier to enjoy the weather after having to indure a colonoscopy yesterday and being tired after the experience  :shok:.  This evening I can see what looks like a blanket of cloud just starting to edge in all be it extremely slowly . Anyway the weekend doesn't look too bad and remaining in the mis 20s .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
34 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Another beautiful day here in chessington with only high level cloud  , it's been a lot easier to enjoy the weather after having to indure a colonoscopy yesterday and being tired after the experience  :shok:.  This evening I can see what looks like a blanket of cloud just starting to edge in all be it extremely slowly . Anyway the weekend doesn't look too bad and remaining in the mis 20s .

Hello Mark,

Another hot one here today also. My wife and I together with our daughter-in-law and some friends went to Beeleigh Abbey near Maldon today for one of their garden open days. It is owned by the chap that owns Foyles bookshops. It was really too hot to walk around too much, especially for our daughter in law who is expecting a baby at the beginning of August. The humidity felt very high as well.

I trust the the colonoscopy did not unearth any thing untoward. They are certainly not a pleasant experience. I have had them in the past and will be having another one a week on Thursday. The laxative tastes horrible and I am not allowed anything to eat after midday on Wednesday with my torture programmed for 15.45 the following day.

The weekend looks fairly reasonable and hopefully it will be less oppressive. We had no rain here yesterday and so it means more watering to do tonight up the allotment as well as the garden.

Kind Regards

Dave

Edited by claret047
  • Like 1