Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

dark, humid and spitting.  

I am not sure how much rain we had over night cos:lazy:

Posted

Rain seems to be slowing now, but theres been some bad flooding problems locally.. 

59538d8f030d9_ScreenShot2017-06-28at12_05_29.thumb.png.99ed5dbd6ef236dae08787bc7ff6b806.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
6 minutes ago, Delka said:

Rain seems to be slowing now, but theres been some bad flooding problems locally.. 

59538d8f030d9_ScreenShot2017-06-28at12_05_29.thumb.png.99ed5dbd6ef236dae08787bc7ff6b806.png

I'm not surprised.  It would appear that west and north-west Norfolk saw over 100mm.

Posted
6 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

I'm not surprised.  It would appear that west and north-west Norfolk saw over 100mm.

I live in the southern outskirts of Hunstanton on a hill and when it rains for prolonged periods or very heavily in a short period it floods the frontgarden and comes over the front step of the house and straight into the hallway, its about 5mm from doing that, so i'd say literally another 1mm of rain out front will push it over for the first time in about two years :nonono:

Main road going through Heacham is also badly flooded, impassable on foot and some stupid cars trying to push through

Edited by Delka

Posted
12 minutes ago, Delka said:

I live in the southern outskirts of Hunstanton on a hill and when it rains for prolonged periods or very heavily in a short period it floods the frontgarden and comes over the front step of the house and straight into the hallway, its about 5mm from doing that, so i'd say literally another 1mm of rain out front will push it over for the first time in about two years :nonono:

Main road going through Heacham is also badly flooded, impassable on foot and some stupid cars trying to push through

Checking Netweather radar suggests there won't be any more rain where you are for an hour or so at least - perhaps that might be enough time to allow some of what's there to drain?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Moderately heavy rain here . Humid feel , but not that high a temperature . I can live with that . 

Posted

Luckily just as it was about to flood into the house the water started to go down so narrowly avoided that one, but still unseasonably cold today, only just got to 12c now the rain is clearing

• Like 2

Posted

Wettest 24hr period on record in parts of EA so I’m hearing an impressive deluge in June. I’d say there’s been a third of the total seen at Santon Downham still very wet, slowly drying out. The blast of heat is this June’s salvation. 

Unquestionably the latter... ridiculously cool not so bad for the SE where the winds are lightest but a staggering drop compared to last Wednesday. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Wettest 24hr period on record in parts of EA so I’m hearing an impressive deluge in June. I’d say there’s been a third of the total seen at Santon Downham still very wet, slowly drying out. The blast of heat is this June’s salvation. 

Unquestionably the latter... ridiculously cool not so bad for the SE where the winds are lightest but a staggering drop compared to last Wednesday. 

Certainly very memorable here in west norfolk, i don't ever remember such a wet 24 hours in summer.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A very grim day here, steady rain has given way to heavy drizzle and a stiff northerly wind. Not pleasant.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Strewth, light levels down here on this part of the South Coast today are more akin to what I would expect in the depths of winter. Gloomy is an understatement.

If there is a positive, it's the fact my small garden has at least received a much needed soaking. The proper rainfall arrived here around 5pm yesterday evening and continued until around 9am this morning. A total of 46.6mm recorded locally during that time.

Some sunshine would be nice now, but failing that a glimpse of blue sky will suffice.

• Like 3

Posted

'There is no bad weather only bad fashion choices'

I smell a signie here

Edited by Dami

Posted
32 minutes ago, Dami said:

'There is no bad weather only bad fashion choices'

I smell a signie here

LOL!  It is very true, though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well had light rain last night, no thunder, and today has been dry, with some sun around. Not to bad at all really.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Awful day here. 

Cloud, rain on and off and temps around 13c 

35c heat last this time last week. Only in the UK. 

Probably more winter like today than in actual winter 2017/18. Soaking wet across fields and woods this morning on dog walk. 

Improvements into the weekend, well at least not so wet and muddy under foot come my 10k run on Saturday. (One hopes) 

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Well had light rain last night, no thunder, and today has been dry, with some sun around. Not to bad at all really.

Yeah I was quite surprised with all this forecast talk of heavy rain. Seems us in the extreme far south east missed it.

• Like 1

Posted

I don't know what is worst, baking in 30c heat or freezing in cloudy skies. I do not expect to be fishing jumpers out to take bubs to school and it still feels chilly.

Going from the almost sublime to the ridiculous. yeah I don't like heat but c'mon 13c  end of June? Not even helping my C.E.T for the month either.

*grumble*

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, Dami said:

I don't know what is worst, baking in 30c heat or freezing in cloudy skies. I do not expect to be fishing jumpers out to take bubs to school and it still feels chilly.

Going from the almost sublime to the ridiculous. yeah I don't like heat but c'mon 13c  end of June? Not even helping my C.E.T for the month either.

*grumble*

No contest, heat and sunshine any day of the week in summer for me. 13C and gloom in late June is just horrific. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
11 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

No contest, heat and sunshine any day of the week in summer for me. 13C and gloom in late June is just horrific. 

Then again - these last three days have been the most comfortable, for ages?:drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, Ed Stone said:

Then again - these last three days have been the most comfortable, for ages?:drunk-emoji:

No way. Summer is for tshirts and shorts, not dressing up like it's November. We have actual November for that. And many other months of the year. We get quite a short window of good weather opportunities in NW Europe that when it's wasted with cold and gloom, it's like being robbed. Heat doesn't bother me, ok it's not especially pleasant going to work in a uniform but I'd rather sweat than shiver. Everyone is different though, I suppose!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, stainesbloke said:

No way. Summer is for tshirts and shorts, not dressing up like it's November. We have actual November for that. And many other months of the year. We get quite a short window of good weather opportunities in NW Europe that when it's wasted with cold and gloom, it's like being robbed. Heat doesn't bother me, ok it's not especially pleasant going to work in a uniform but I'd rather sweat than shiver. Everyone is different though, I suppose!

But, I am in t-shirts and shorts, SB...17C is more than enough for me!:D

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Ed Stone said:

But, I am in t-shirts and shorts, SB...17C is more than enough for me!:D

That's great for you :) I did say we are all different. For me, 17C maxes and gloom at the end of June is pure vileness that just makes me cross.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

That's great for you :) I did say we are all different. For me, 17C maxes and gloom at the end of June is pure vileness that just makes me cross.

You are right, of course, and I did spend 21 years up in the NW Highlands getting used to a relative lack of heatwaves...Perhaps I should move to Ice Station Zebra!

I always used to like heatwaves. Honest?:D

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

You are right, of course, and I did spend 21 years up in the NW Highlands getting used to a relative lack of heatwaves...Perhaps I should move to Ice Station Zebra!

I always used to like heatwaves. Honest?:D

Ice Station Zebra, sounds horrible! Is that a real place lol?!

It really doesn't need be roasting hot all the time in summer, average temps are nice enough when sunny and not windy. But the last few days, nasty. Welcome rain of course, but then it should bugger off smartly and let the sun out again, not suck the joy out of life by hanging around like a bad fart for days on end. 

• Like 2