Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
11 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Must just be me feeling hot and sticky then :( been feeling this way since I woke this morning, even the dogs seem more unsettled today though, like me they're heat tolerance has been reached and we'd like snow now lol ;) 

Could it be that the coast was so much cooler yesterday bevause of a sea breeze, whereas today it's off the land, so, while everywhere else in the region feels cooler, there it actually feels warmer?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
11 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Must just be me feeling hot and sticky then :( been feeling this way since I woke this morning, even the dogs seem more unsettled today though, like me they're heat tolerance has been reached and we'd like snow now lol ;) 

It could be that your house, like my flat, has an uncanny ability to retain summer heat?

Anywho, I saw one lovely bright, white CG strike today!:good:

• Like 2

Posted

What a cruddy end to the hot spell here.....out with a whimper, at least I should get some sleep tonight.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

The sunshine after this morning's band of storms cleared east was short-lived and has now been replaced by cloud. But the most noticeable feature is the really strong wind that's got up. We've just had a gust of 26 mph here and the trend is still increasing in strength. I believe stainsbloke has gone on holiday, so I'll say it for him - "that vile wind is back". :)

Hehe, the vile wind is indeed back sadly, with a good 10C drop in temperature and we've lost the gorgeous sunshine. Not going away to Spain until Tuesday and will be back Saturday evening, so just a quick holiday but am so glad I'm going! 

• Like 2

Posted
27 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Could it be that the coast was so much cooler yesterday bevause of a sea breeze, whereas today it's off the land, so, while everywhere else in the region feels cooler, there it actually feels warmer?

Quite probably what it is :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
27 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Actually enjoyed today's weather ... got all washing dry , easy to work in ... dami does coffee work lol ? If so I will have a vat of it please :) 

I can safely say that the coffee didn't work:lazy:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well we got a thunderstorm mid-morning,the fresher weather has brought lead grey skies which will persist for the next couple of days unfortunately.

• Like 2

Posted

still very warm here but been overcast most of the day, some thunder and a heavy rain squall this morning, spent most of the early morning with a trembling black-backed gull cuddled on my shoulder because he was frightened of the thunder, and they are meant to be vicious, stupid creature.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

evenings peeps

you all being good and behaving?

no storms here, and the lightest of light rain, some wind but rennie sorted that, now sunshine(ish) and patchy cloud.

@Dami you buying more stuffs again? rascal :D

• Like 2

Posted

@Jax I might of gotten a few bits :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

I love my hobby!! In the last few days I've enjoyed record breaking heat, a thunderstorm, and then this evening some truly wonderful skies as the cirrocumulus clouds melt away. :)

594c2392dd258_Sunset2Thur22Jun.thumb.jpg.96794d311f0c68229745c7f67d7fd953.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
21 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

I love my hobby!! In the last few days I've enjoyed record breaking heat, a thunderstorm, and then this evening some truly wonderful skies as the cirrocumulus clouds melt away. :)

594c2392dd258_Sunset2Thur22Jun.thumb.jpg.96794d311f0c68229745c7f67d7fd953.jpg

Wow what a startling picture that is .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Today started of foggy and very windy, with gust easily around 30 - 40 MPH. Quite localised though, as in town it was much less windy. Fog cleared to patch cloud. Then a 2 minute storm that dried in another 2 minutes. Then a nice day with patchy cloud. Weather was cooler, however the humidity was still there, and I still felt quite uncomfortable all day. It's another uncomfortable night a for sleeping here. Sigh.

Posted

After my lovely morning of thunder yesterday and a delivery of sandals and jumpers (yes it's gonna snow this winter) we are back to normality. Strong cool breeze and rainy looking cloud.  Ah that's better.  

Posted

Next week is going to be cooler than average I think I want the heat back. Yesterday was just about the right temp for me. Wind feels a bit too cool today 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Not a bad day here but very cloudy and breezy now, back to the default dreary UK summer conditions. Average temps of 22C now.

Posted

24-25c is nice for me with a light breeze. Seems be to extremes - either boiling hot or rather chilly. In the throws of it's summer and we must wear shorts and vests someone today was wearing a coat. That for this village is saying something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Fresher weather?...24.8c max here today and still feeling muggy even with a breeze. Yuck!

• Like 1

Posted

An otherwise reasonable day was spoiled here by the strong wind (again). The wind slowly increased through the day and peaked with a gust of 25 mph at 16.30. The temp felt much more comfortable here, peaking at 22.7C at 15.00 this afternoon before the cloud thickened to give just a few spots of rain this evening.

I think the satellite image tells the story of the day - lots of cloud streaming across from the west, with the odd glimpse of sunshine:

19.35 594d662dd32c6_CloudFri23Jun19_35.thumb.jpg.487c7a46cf43d34ce33d63b356ce7b3a.jpg

Posted

Definitely a much more pleasant day today, I don't mind the heat...when not working; conditions like today perfect working conditions :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

I enjoyed the heat from earlier in the week . I have to say I felt the weather here today was still quite warm and humid but obviously not on the level as before.  Looking forward to the next burst of heat .

• Like 3

Posted

And for the second night running, another fabulous sunset here in Suffolk!!

594d7f0535961_Sunset223Jun2017.thumb.jpg.e116aa9ae6789cc21bfa22b9f3acae46.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Not much going on here earlier today, clear sunny skies and 20 something. Had a downpour from a thunder cell yesterday