Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
7 minutes ago, Surrey said:

33c at Heathrow!! Sheeeeeeeeez 

Worth a breaking news alert from the Sky News app - "It's the hottest June day since 1976 with temperatures reaching 33.9C at Heathrow, the MetOffice said"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Peaked At 32c here about half hour ago. 

Now 31c..... Wowsa!

As each hour passes it feels more and more oppressive and humid 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Heathrow has just smashed 34c, making it the hottest day in June since 1976. Even better it's bang on the summer solstice too! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds
9 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Heathrow has just smashed 34c, making it the hottest day in June since 1976. Even better it's bang on the summer solstice too! 

Yes reported that its reached 34.5 degrees. Can it sneak up any more, perhaps another hour for it to increase?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Working in central London and it is absolutely roasting out there! Reports of 34.5c at Heathrow, it can't be far off that here in Covent Garden.

Edited by danm
  • Like 2

Posted

33.1.c on the shady side of the flat. I'm sure it's been hotter while I've lived here, but it's never felt hotter. Nothing more unpleasanr on a very hot day than not having any outside space and living on a busy A road. Think today has been the clincher for us to move.

Currently sat with my feet in a bucket of cold water!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hazy sunshine here all day, a lot of high cloud which might have restricted the full effect of the sun. Still 30c reached today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

peaked here about 20 minutes ago at 32.6c, just about to leave to go banger racing which will be hot as anything tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Thankfully the hot and humid weather is pushed back over Southern Europe where it belongs :)

clear skies and 22 degrees is perfect for me. 

IMG_0373.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I am rid of the milky cloud and can see blue skies, be it covered in con trails. You have to thank me for not jinxing it by buying many summer stuffs. :good:I am awaiting more sandals so let's hope for more sunny, non risk of storms and many happy BBQ's.

I went out and did my storm dance, but i think I jumped when i should of hopped.:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
37 minutes ago, shotski said:

Thankfully the hot and humid weather is pushed back over Southern Europe where it belongs :)

clear skies and 22 degrees is perfect for me. 

IMG_0373.PNG

I'd much rather see those blues and greens in winter, not summer. 22C is average for this time of year, like you say if skies are clear and winds light then it would feel quite pleasant, but if cloudy and windy (more likely) then not so nice. Looking like a good week of vile Atlantic crap coming after this weekend. Thank God I'm in Spain most of next week. Loving this amazing weather, wishing we get much more of it.

• Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

I'd much rather see those blues and greens in winter, not summer. 22C is average for this time of year, like you say if skies are clear and winds light then it would feel quite pleasant, but if cloudy and windy (more likely) then not so nice. Looking like a good week of vile Atlantic crap coming after this weekend. Thank God I'm in Spain most of next week. Loving this amazing weather, wishing we get much more of it.

Agree Staines. 

Quite remarkable how anyone could wish for this weather to be pushed back to Southern Europe. 

Clear skies and 22c.... Er im either reading the charts completely wrong or that never happens unless you are in mid May. 

Bog standard Atlantic rubbish greets us next week... still if the normal English weather climate floats your boat then each to their own! 

Hopefully July can give us more of this stunning hot and and humid weather. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
Just now, Ben Lewis said:

Agree Staines. 

Quite remarkable how anyone could wish for this weather to be pushed back to Southern Europe. 

Clear skies and 22c.... Er im either reading the charts completely wrong or that never happens unless you are in mid May. 

Bog standard Atlantic rubbish greets us next week... still if the normal English weather climate floats your boat then each to their own! 

22C and clear skies would be quite nice at this point of summer as the sun is at peak strength. Rarely happens though, more likely to be infill-laden grey skies with those uppers. Next week looks pretty awful and a big shock after all this glorious heat and sunshine. Had to break sometime, it's the UK after all, though everything crossed for more hot spells until mid September at least. Still waiting for a decent thunderstorm!

Posted

It has gone dead still here, not a breath of wind, humid and cloudy, finished watering the garden as I don't believe any rain is coming this way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Blazerblue said:

It has gone dead still here, not a breath of wind, humid and cloudy, finished watering the garden as I don't believe any rain is coming this way.

But the 'castles in the air' are heading in your direction, BB...Look to your South?:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
29 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Agree Staines. 

I wasn't reading the charts at all, just stating my favoured weather choice in the summer. It's not pleasant working in 30 degree heat unless of course your in a air conditioned office. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So in the lat five days, up here in Chatteris we have had teperatures of 29C. 31C, 31C, 29C and 30C. A prettygreat spell of summer weather, probably the best since July 2013.

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Well what a fab few days ... and will welcome the rain ( if we get it tomorrow ) p.s everywhere has sold out of fans :fool:

Ahhh I wish I could share your optimism. 

I will never wish for rain living in the UK. But I guess it has it happens sooner or later.. it is of course the UK 

pretty sure your wish will come true by this time next week. Atlantic wet muck = oh joy