Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
35 minutes ago, wellington boot said:

Think we might be in the hotspot down here. Amazed to hear people in North Kent and London talking about it feeling 'fresh' and temps in the mid-20s. Feels significantly hotter than yesterday (30C) and the day before (31C). Went to check temp, and it's 33C here...

We are normally a few degrees cooler than London and not typically the location for the hottest temperatures, but seems we're right up there today.

Amazing what a few miles difference can do. I dont envy that you with that stiffling heat. Mind you its beginning to warm up here as the breeze dies down a bit

Posted
2 minutes ago, Daryl Dixon said:

Amazing what a few miles difference can do. I dont envy that you with that stiffling heat. Mind you its beginning to warm up here as the breeze dies down a bit

Yep, although I have just looked up where exactly you are and I can see how close you are to the coast, so I guess slightly lower temps are to be expected. We are also almost 25 miles SSW of you here, and that's not an insignificant distance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Up to 24C here the now...and a good chance a few humdingers, early tomorrow...So perhaps, with a capital P, BlazerBlue and I might see some fireworks? Here's hoping!:D

I nearly forgot...the Beeb are forecasting still quite warm weather, for Friday and the weekend: 26, 23 and 24C...So hardly particularly cool!:good:

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1

Posted

Its feeling a lot hotter here today. My face is leaking! I've no idea what the current temp is outside, I've been looking online for a local weather station but unable to find one, not long moved here so still working out whats what locally. Temp indoors according to my Carbon Monoxide alarm is 29c.

Posted
1 minute ago, k66yla said:

Its feeling a lot hotter here today. My face is leaking! I've no idea what the current temp is outside, I've been looking online for a local weather station but unable to find one, not long moved here so still working out whats what locally. Temp indoors according to my Carbon Monoxide alarm is 29c.

Try going to NW's homepage; you can input your nearest major town/city, if not the one you live in?:good:

• Like 1

Posted
29 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Up to 24C here the now...and a good chance a few humdingers, early tomorrow...So perhaps, with a capital P, BlazerBlue and I might see some fireworks? Here's hoping!:D

I nearly forgot...the Beeb are forecasting still quite warm weather, for Friday and the weekend: 26, 23 and 24C...So hardly particularly cool!:good:

Indeed! Miracles may happen. Noticing a shower on the radar close to Yarmouth at the moment, but going out to sea. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Scorching here again, 32C currently.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Well the temperature here is TOO HOT. Dew point 21C so the nearest station thinks. Gone form very cool this morning to phew. No breeze. Headache.Feel sick.

Hell if i get any thing rainy i'd dance under it naked.

'To have a risk and have nothing is better than no risk at all'

I am quietly confident. Oh what I'll say later.:rofl:

Edit - i just got blown down the garden. Where that come from:cc_confused:

Edited by Dami

Posted

A hour or so ago it was relatively fresh feeling starting to hotter up now. I'm saddened that all that 'nectar' is going to go to waste, typical we in the S bake while the likes of bloody Scotland crop it all. :p 

Posted

Scorching 33 degrees in West Malling yet 10 minutes down the A228 towards Medway it's "only" 26/27. 

Posted

It's only 23C here...Thank fook for that!:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Officially its 33c at Heathrow at 14.00. So its likely to get a lot hotter from now til 6pm as the higher uppers of up to around 20c move in.

17062115_2106.gif

17062118_2106.gif

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Netweather.tv has Gatwick as 32* and just down the here it seems to be 32* too. Hoping we will cool down soon.

All indoors. Poor dog not settling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 minute ago, Storme said:

Netweather.tv has Gatwick as 32* and just down the here it seems to be 32* too. Hoping we will cool down soon.

All indoors. Poor dog not settling.

Its on the Met Office site as 33c, although they may have rounded up to that figure. The Wundermap site has temps even higher but most of them are usually wrong, I have even seen 100F show up a few times of late on there in the SE.

Posted
1 hour ago, wellington boot said:

Yep, although I have just looked up where exactly you are and I can see how close you are to the coast, so I guess slightly lower temps are to be expected. We are also almost 25 miles SSW of you here, and that's not an insignificant distance.

That is further than I thought. Yup 'only' 28oC here so think the temps over hyped for here but you're prob in the 30's no doubt.  It's bad enough here 

Posted
36 minutes ago, seb said:

Scorching 33 degrees in West Malling yet 10 minutes down the A228 towards Medway it's "only" 26/27. 

Just talking about this to someone else. It's actually quite pleasant here just hit 28oC. I'm always in west malling. I'll gladly give it a miss today though. That's hot! 

• Like 1

Posted
55 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Indeed! Miracles may happen. Noticing a shower on the radar close to Yarmouth at the moment, but going out to sea. 

that shower was more impressive on the radar, it actually passed overhead with only a few huge drops of warm rain, funny part is didn't have any rain clouds above 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Meanwhile near Bedford :

Some of that ana whatsit nonsense.  

weather ana.png

Posted

Here's the skew-t for now, for Heathrow, from the GFS-6z

heathrow.thumb.gif.a6435e36644d803fa67704b2f0fc0c98.gif

I know that everyone else is forecasting no precipitation let alone storms, but I gotta say, I'd say there's an outside chance between now and 6pm of something developing if and only if that CIN really has reduced to zero

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Wish we could have a hefty storm here. I get the feeling though that the possible storms tomorrow may miss us. Often do!

Posted

About 27 here at the coast, although it feels more like 30. Don't remember anything like the last few days, was born late 1989 so it's new to me. Keep hearing stories of the summer of '76!

Dog thermometer IMAG1157.thumb.jpg.81b5f87a7fd115fe2d89951f64799036.jpgsays it's perfect!

• Like 2