Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
41 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

You have to admit we have gone 9/10 months with not a lot of pi@@ing down for days on end.

If you are older like me you wish for 23c type clear skies and lovely weather not extreme 30 plus, type weather people who wish for this should move to spain.

I totally understand where the urge for hot dry weather comes from, I used to pray for it, now being older its not good for us oldies, but I still wish for lovely sun and no rain.

It's 5 days come tomorrow with temps around 30c

Its hardly what I would call an apocalypse and making comparisons to Spain where is usually 30c plus for 3/4 months of the year. 

Think a little perspective and realism is needed. 

We live in the UK with a northern Atlantic wet climate, most including me will never wish a hot dry spell away with rain and cool weather. 

Nothing to do with moving to Spain, it's about finding the abnormal exhilarating and not wanting it to end, however like most heatwaves, it never lasts more than 7 days anyway... so I will never understand what all the fuss is about with folk moaning and demanding 'we need rain' because of a bit of hot weather. 

Posted

I agree there.. Up here in Glasgow at somepoint each year you get the usual nonsense on the news or papers when you get an big anticyclone "it was hotter than Ibiza today or hotter than Rome". One or 2 days a year you hear this nonsense yet these places far better over a period of 4 months for sunny, heat and dry weather.. Then when Tropical Maritime air mass hits us the likes of Aberdeen basks in lovely warm sunshine in Spring and Autumn plus high temps but again newspapers brag about it like it's unusual but happens every year at somepoint and is characteristics of this air mass.. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunny start but quite fresh. No haze compared to yesterday but still some high cloud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It's been a lovely 'cool' night bedroom down to 19c. Met 0 is shouting about and using the word 'Thunderstorm' and even added the word 'severe'. I take solace that my forecast here shows nothing of the sort and a 'feels like' of 40c. 

Not on your life gov.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Just back from a run. 

Feels really fresh out there, freshest it's felt for a few days. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Positively chilly in that brisk easterly wind this morning! Shorts? Hmmm, maybe not!

Posted

Ohhh two lightening symbols on the weather app for tomorrow lunchtime! Do I believe it will happen? Not on your nelly ;) 

as for this morning, nice breeze coming off the sea and I hope it stays to keep temps down, I'm glad I no longer live inland at times like these.

Edited by Blazerblue
Typo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Very hot this afternoon, last day of the very mild weather so going out with a bang, 32,33,maybe 34c likely somewhere around London I would think. Longest day of the year today, so now we start the slow but relentless shortening of the days, hardly noticeable at first but by the middle/late August a marked difference will be perceived as we head back towards Winter. Did anyone go to Stone Henge last night?:)

arpegeuk-41-16-0.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Well here we go then! It's set to be a memorable day to mark the end this current spell of wonderful weather - one for the record books that we can all look back on and talk about in the years to come. :clap:

• It's the Summer Solstice and we should beat the 1936 record of 31.7C for this day.
  • Somewhere should hit 34C making it the warmest June day since the heatwave of 1976 (Ah, fond memories!!).
  • Today will make it the fifth consecutive day we've topped 30C - the first time that has happened in June for more than 20 years.

Have a good one everyone!!

• Like 6

Posted

That breeze seems to be helping keep it cool for a few of us near the coast. Lovely and fresh today...so far. I bet a few miles inland it's a different story

3 hours ago, Dami said:

It's been a lovely 'cool' night bedroom down to 19c. Met 0 is shouting about and using the word 'Thunderstorm' and even added the word 'severe'. I take solace that my forecast here shows nothing of the sort and a 'feels like' of 40c. 

Not on your life gov.  

Met Office said said thunderstorms mainly for Wales, Midlands and Northern England this evening and overnight. 

Edited by Uxbridge90

Posted
36 minutes ago, Daryl Dixon said:

That breeze seems to be helping keep it cool for a few of us near the coast. Lovely and fresh today...so far. I bet a few miles inland it's a different story

Not yet it's 22c and sunny in NW London and the air is still quite fresh in comparison with last few days so wondering when this humid heat will come over 

Actually it's gone up to 24c now so maybe this is the heating up happening now 

Edited by Swave Snow

Posted

I wasn't expecting, i'm not gonna get. oh well. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

I thought it felt fresher this morning too, noticeably more so than other hot days recently! Still, we're expected to breach 30c again, so I doubt the relief will last long. 23c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Well here we go then! It's set to be a memorable day to mark the end this current spell of wonderful weather - one for the record books that we can all look back on and talk about in the years to come. :clap:

• It's the Summer Solstice and we should beat the 1936 record of 31.7C for this day.
  • Somewhere should hit 34C making it the warmest June day since the heatwave of 1976 (Ah, fond memories!!).
  • Today will make it the fifth consecutive day we've topped 30C - the first time that has happened in June for more than 20 years.

To be honest it puts the fear of God in me, the climate is undoubtedly changing and at a rapid rate so I'm not sure I'll be celebrating any records. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

And also one of best set ups for a good olde storm and we haven't got a sniff at it.  (not peeved you understand:fool:)

• Like 2

Posted

Yes, sadly, even though the parameters for the SE for severe weather are exceptionally good there's a cap over the area for most of the day - perhaps, but unlikely, eroding by 6pm - which means no storms for us.

• Like 1

Posted

The feeling is strong.

giphy.gif

Posted
2 hours ago, Swave Snow said:

Not yet it's 22c and sunny in NW London and the air is still quite fresh in comparison with last few days so wondering when this humid heat will come over 

Actually it's gone up to 24c now so maybe this is the heating up happening now 

Warming up now but still doesn't feel humid. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Somehow I think it'll be at its worst just before bed 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Team Squirrel said:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2017-06-22

Warnings updated for tomorrow including parts of the SE.

Storm dance Dami?

Indeed. I did one this morning and the warning changed. This is good. Even if it is for tomorrow.

I shall do another after pizza this evening.

Edited by Dami

Posted

Think we might be in the hotspot down here. Amazed to hear people in North Kent and London talking about it feeling 'fresh' and temps in the mid-20s. Feels significantly hotter than yesterday (30C) and the day before (31C). Went to check temp, and it's 33C here...

We are normally a few degrees cooler than London and not typically the location for the hottest temperatures, but seems we're right up there today.

Posted

Would have thought we will be in for a very warm night tonight air is going to take time to cool down wouldn't think it will drop below 20 tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual
7 minutes ago, clark3r said:

Would have thought we will be in for a very warm night tonight air is going to take time to cool down wouldn't think it will drop below 20 tonight.

Its 23.5 at shoreham beach right now, the temp HAS to drop below 20c,no one will sleep if its 20c+ 

Posted

Humid as hell, stucky and unbearable outside, thunder flies/bugs crawling everywhere.. Dying for a thunderstorm now