Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

IMG_4427.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Local weather station on Wunderground that seems fairly close to the median average locally showed a maximum earlier of 32.2C; 89.9F.  In this last half an hour the breeze has increased, and I think I can see a cumulus cloud that has broken through the cap - it has developed a tall column above where the previous upper limit for the clouds was.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Just got home from the beach and unusually not a breath of wind there but a nice light breeze in my garden 2.2 miles inland. Currently 27.2c

• Like 1

Posted

I have to say, even though it is 32 outside, it is very pleasant, not muggy at all. Just like having a nice toasty bath. But it looks like humidity will be building towards this evening.

• Like 2

Just now, RichmondWeather said:

I have to say, even though it is 32 outside, it is very pleasant, not muggy at all. Just like having a nice toasty bath. But it looks like humidity will be building towards this evening.

Indeed it does...where are you situated?

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, RichmondWeather said:

It feels oppressive here; very humid and uncomfortable.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

It feels oppressive here; very humid and uncomfortable.

I guess all I am really doing is sitting around, reading through posts on different forums, it would be a different storey if I was out and about.

Posted

One can't argue a breeze would be nice.. Very hot in the sun as you'd expect as we approach the summer solstice. 'Soon' we will be casting our eyes to the silly season. :laugh: 

image.thumb.png.c730f2b2055f9e802d071f4b14a11cc8.png

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, RichmondWeather said:

I guess all I am really doing is sitting around, reading through posts on different forums, it would be a different storey if I was out and about.

I'm not doing much more at present:oops:; then again, we all have different levels of tolerance to heat.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Like 1

Posted

Went to the allotment at 7.30am his morning as I didn't fancy digging in the heat of the afternoon. But  at just 8.30am, the sun was burning my skin and I was sweltering, sure is a hot one out there folks!

Our outside thermometer (in the shade) started to fall...then went back up again - weird. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Clouds are trying to rise up now and form some showers, still 30C which is pretty stunning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

All my storms risks for this week *gone*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Still 31C here at 7pm, sweltering and I love it :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Maxed out at 29.9 here today so was 1.1 degrees hotter than yesterday.Reckon 30 degrees will be exceeded tomorrow.As I work outside for a living I am dreading this week!!I find up to about 25  is ok but after that it gets tough going.Remember these are shade temps so the temps in sun are far hotter:fool:!!Although I enjoy the sun and warmth spare a thought for us poor buggers that have to work in the heat:D

Edited by Hotspur62
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

Posted

Reading 27.5.c for both indoor and outdoor now. I love hot summer days...but I hate it when there's no dip in temps in the evenings or an evening storm. When you've had heat all day but there's no end to it, then it's just horrible and sleeping isn't restful. I grew up in Saudi Arabia as my Dad is an engineer and 27.c was a middle of the night sort of temperature but  I just can't cope with warm nights as an adult!! Oh to have air con!!

• Like 1

Posted

Thankfully I'm not due back to work until Thursday. I hate this time of year as I work outside. The bosses who sit in nice air conned offices have come up with the solution 'deliver to the shady side of the street' :wallbash:  Is this heat in for the foreseeable or is it going to cool down a bit?