Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

The 6th August 1981 saw huge storms across much of the SE that gave daytime darkness, flooding, loads of lightning damage etc. I remember that event and was terrified but also excited. That storm was the one that started my interest, there were similar storms in 1983 or 1984 I think, then another early 1990's.

I remember that one too, SB; it was almost as if the sun just 'went out'!

But, the very first one like that that I can recall was in 1959 or '60 (my brother was still in a pram): daylight darkness, torrential rain and hail. What's more I can still remember telling mummy that it was going to rain and, that going shopping, was not a good idea...Like most mummies might have done, under the circumstances, she though her 2/3 year-old son was a bit 'peculiar'...:rofl:

Och wheel. Asperger's and 'weatherakism' do go hand-in-hand?:D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

An old thread I found. Even says Bedford in the rainfall totals. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Decent day with sunny intervals, fairly warm again at 22C. Much higher over the weekend which will be great.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Stunning warm to hot weekend coming up. 

Not a rumble of thunder or rain in sight and strong sunshine across both days = perfect! 

Trip to Greenwich tomorrow then a 10k early Sunday morning followed by a BBQ at a friends! 

Have a good weekend everyone! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Anyone in the home counties (South Bucks here) notice the interesting but odd cloud formations right now? Have taken some photos although for some reason net-weather doesn't let me upload directly from my phone or any browser.....

But the clouds right now are stratiform I believe but almost like roll clouds, yet one is directly overhead and goes on for miles....some are almost lenticular now, one has capped....these clouds look exactly the sort of clouds you'd see from a billow of smoke after a fire, yet the Grenfell tower fire has been out for hours now, it can't be that. Saharan dust storms? Anyone with any further knowledge, would love to know. I'll upload my photos to postimg and attach the links in a while. I'm baffled. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: overcast, mild, no wind.

looks like perfect weekend coming up.

not working (tick),

sunshine (tick),  

hot weather (tick)

chance of thunder Sunday evening (tick tickkedy tick)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Image.jpg

Image-2.jpg

Image-3.jpg

I thought this cloud looked odd at the time, but maybe not. Especially the first and second pictures. 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)
1 hour ago, UKSupercell said:

Image.jpg

Image-2.jpg

Image-3.jpg

I thought this cloud looked odd at the time, but maybe not. Especially the first and second pictures. 

Last time I saw clouds like that (although I saw them today) was on the 3rd of July 2015, that night we had some crazy storms. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: overcast, mild, no wind.

picture link broken?

Posted

AROME is going for a max of 31C in Central London tomorrow - only 28C with the ARPEGE we’ll see who’s closest in time.

IMG_2657.thumb.JPG.486347f9702bcc59d7aa526816c26696.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

We had sun earlier, but this afternoon and evening have been overcast and dull.  At least the breeze dropped towards evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A very pleasant day here, bit of a breezy and cloudy morning but as the day progressed it became sunnier and warmer. Max temperature of 24C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Lovely morning.

Yesterday evening you could feel the air change to more humid.

I hope it doesn't get to humid, need a decent breeze in this old house it heats up and acts like a radiator.

Posted

Oh yes you could tell the difference when we headed out of swimming. And when the bedroom was still 26c at 2am and i couldnt find the fan remote:closedeyes:. UP early to do stuffs since cool. Hubs wants a roast beef dinner cooked for fathers day, i'll be BBQing it at this rate just by hanging it outside. Jolley dee.

Posted

I saw those clouds too. This pic was also of cloud 'lines' but much bigger. Quite a nasty little storm came after this.

IMAG0650.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Glorious start to the day here on what appears to be a cracking weekend.

arpegeuk-41-14-0.png?17-06

26-28C today, we might hit 29C somewhere in the London area.

Tomorrow looks even hotter.

arpegeuk-41-38-0.png?17-06

30C forecast somehwere in this region but 29C looks widespread. Interestingly the Arpegesuggeststhat 31/32C isn't out of the question either. Worth noting there is the chance of thunderstorms developing, these will be isolated but the chance of some intense downpours, some strong cape in there too so expect frequent lightning in any storms that break out, especiallyon Monday.

42-505UK.GIF?17-0   66-505UK.GIF?17-0

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Sunny with a few fair weather clouds and a light WNW'erly breeze, 21C...:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

On my way to work this morning , what a beautiful start to the day with more to come tomorrow. I hope the storms stay away for tomorrow at least as I'm hosting a BBQ for over 15 people and live in a upper floor maisonette so don't fancy the scarpering upatairs with all that food , On the other hand it will probably be warm rain ha. Like the possibility of a reload later this week which could be even hotter but thundery but I suppose this is just  speculation at this stage . Enjoy the weekend all it's a SIzzler .:D

Posted

Cloud starting to bubble up a little bit, already 24C out there.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted

I may be getting excited but if this week goes to plan weather wise it reminds me of summer 2003 the heat kept coming back throughout the summer then record breaking heat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Now this is what I call a summers day. Clear skies, hardly any wind and 25C already. Bliss! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

What a shame, cloud really building here. 

Pfftt 

Posted
29 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

What a shame, cloud really building here. 

Pfftt 

The humidity is fairly high for the levels of warmth or heat we are going to get, usually we see it drop to around 30-40% but for example today it will be between 50-60% which unfortunately means cloud will bubble up though there is little there to develop this further into showers with a strong cap, so hopefully the cloud will remain scattered enough to allow some good sunny spells, though temperatures may be held back a little as at the moment 30C would bepretty close given the current temperatures. 

Surface pressure will fall tomorrow and into Monday which is the reason why we will see the risk of a few thunderstorms breaking out, nothing too major unless you get caught by one as they will be very slow moving.

Intereastingly the southern half of the region may not see a cool down at all with temperatures remaining in the high twenties, still the risk of showers on Tuesday but turning dry and sunny on Wednesday before potentially turning hot or even very hot by Thursday. Even the GFS which underestimates max temperatures is now going for 30C on Thursday (Note it only suggests 27C for tomorrow and Monday).

Up to 26C already.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted

27C here now, some fair weather cloud but still mostly sunny and little wind. BBQ time :D