Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
9 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Apparently East Anglia hasn't had any weather for 20 years, can someone confirm this. Most weather seems to be in Brighton and Kent these days.

i know right:closedeyes:

Posted

let me make one thing clear : you do not give me any storms over the last few days to now give me showers when I got school uniform to dry. 

not impressed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cloudy and mild sums up today, hopefully we will get some breaks which will probably allow some heavy showers to form. Fine and sunny for the rest of the week though, yet again down hill for the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
10 hours ago, hadleighwedding said:

Hi there, thanks very much for your reply!

We're getting married at Priory Hall on Saturday afternoon. We're not too fussed if there are one or two scrawly showers, just don't want it to be a complete wash-out!

Met Office currently saying a chance of showers in the morning but a dry afternoon?

I've been to a wedding in Priory Hall - a truely wonderful venue. Full of olde worlde character and lovely grounds!

Subject to change at this range, but here's the current forecast from the Arpege model for next Saturday. Not looking too bad with any showers staying out to the west of the UK and temps climbing from 19C at noon to 22C by 17.00. That wouldn't be too bad! :)

12.00 592db287a963e_ArpegeSat03Jun12_00.thumb.png.6bb957c2cac85f02fe1f37080aa0f1d5.png592db2922ac8e_ArpegeTempSat03Jun12_00.thumb.png.a04ce0aa05458b16849ead18bc811c62.png

14.00 592db2b8bce3e_ArpegeSat03Jun14_00.thumb.png.a927ed1795710390317ea94b40951689.png592db2cd4f558_ArpegeTempSat03Jun14_00.thumb.png.4ee766b50c31fd05a58e6c02fb1aed3f.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Yet more dreary grey skies again this morning, some sun trying to break through. Quite mild and little wind. 16C currently. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...

Well its humid and still  and a bit overcast here in South East Kent today.  

Intermittent sunshine. 

I've ust seen on BBC weather it looks like we could be seeing some more stormy weather again tomorrow evening.

Looks likely to be very far east and may not even make it over the channel but its worth keeping an eye on for sure. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 minutes ago, Snowstalker said:

Well its humid and still  and a bit overcast here in South East Kent today.  

Intermittent sunshine. 

I've ust seen on BBC weather it looks like we could be seeing some more stormy weather again tomorrow evening.

Looks likely to be very far east and may not even make it over the channel but its worth keeping an eye on for sure. 

As per usual

Posted
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

As per usual

To be fair the massive storm we had here a few days back was the first one since 2014!

Very often northern France less than 25 miles across the water from me here has super epic storms nearly weekly (daily lately) this time of year and we don't even see a pep.

So I do feel your pain! 

Edited by Snowstalker
  • Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowstalker said:

To be fair the massive storm we had here a few days back was the first one since 2014!

Very often northern France less than 25 miles across the water from me here has super epic storms nearly weekly (daily lately) this time of year and we don't even see a pep.

So I do feel your pain! 

Do they cross the channel and fade or just head off way east? They never really make it to the NW of the Capital these days. We've had maybe 6 in the last three years. The last  thunder storm to stand out must have been 2009, with flash flooding and marble sized hail, huge rumbles of thunder, the works and it lasted for three hours. I remember it well because my Auntie rang me in tears thinking the world was coming to and end.:oops:But not to worry, i prefer snow and since you stalk the stuff, i'm guessing you do too.:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 minute ago, Snowstalker said:

To be fair the massive storm we had here a few days back was first one since 2014.

Very often northern France less than 25 miles across the water from me here has super epic storms nearly weekly this time of year and we don't even see a pep. So I do feel your pain! 

I notice this quite regularly, even in winter the heavy snow showers almost always slip down the north sea/channel and end up in Benelux/France, even when wind direction is favourable. I mean we can barely hang onto a few light wintry showers around London from the NE and coastal areas often only end up with the scrag ends, but showers and heavy PPN can travel hundreds of miles as they head southwards on the continent. The south east coast must have the ever popular weather forcefield switched on.:)

4 hours ago, snowray said:

I notice this quite regularly, even in winter the heavy snow showers almost always slip down the north sea/channel and end up in Benelux/France, even when wind direction is favourable. I mean we can barely hang onto a few light wintry showers around London from the NE and coastal areas often only end up with the scrag ends, but showers and heavy PPN can travel hundreds of miles as they head southwards on the continent. The south east coast must have the ever popular weather forcefield switched on.:)

looking forward to this weekend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Decent and pleasantly warm day, though with quite a lot of cloud at times.

Posted

Thunder on friday? here? phooey. *brushes it aside* smiley.

wut EVA.

:spiteful: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Not a bad day here - cloud coming and going, but still plenty of sunshine and now a lovely evening. Got up to a pleasant 19.9C.

But I did notice that the London area was plagued this afternoon by a persistent bank of cloud that seemed to form in the lee of the southwesterly wind blowing over the South Downs & Salisbury Plain. Here's the satellite image for 17.00 as an example, but the cloud bank persisted for some hours:

592f12741f7b9_CloudWed31May17_00.thumb.jpg.5675376abdc51e2f525f22572c58722d.jpg

Posted
6 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Do they cross the channel and fade or just head off way east? They never really make it to the NW of the Capital these days. We've had maybe 6 in the last three years. The last  thunder storm to stand out must have been 2009, with flash flooding and marble sized hail, huge rumbles of thunder, the works and it lasted for three hours. I remember it well because my Auntie rang me in tears thinking the world was coming to and end.:oops:But not to worry, i prefer snow and since you stalk the stuff, i'm guessing you do too.:D

Awww your poor Auntie! Wish we would get some extreme weather here more often!  Im pretty new to weather watching so can only say from what i've noticed over the last year, and i have no idea of the mechanisms involved but the electric storms in France just don't seem to make it over the water. 

Its seems to be the same with heavy rain too, just dies out before it gets here, thats whether its coming from Europe or from the west from the Atlantic, since last summer its been really really boring weather here, just meh and super dry, cant remember such a dry period, costing a fortune to water my garden!

I love all extreme weather tbh, As for my name, we haven't had any snow here since 2012, hence my obsession with snow stalking! better get some this year!

• Like 1

Posted
6 hours ago, snowray said:

see my reply to lassie23 above, i totally agree, the storm a few days back was the first decent one in a long time. And as for snow, we must have a really good snow shield cos haven't seen any since 2012! rain seems to be going the same way too!

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Snowstalker said:

Awww your poor Auntie! Wish we would get some extreme weather here more often!  Im pretty new to weather watching so can only say from what i've noticed over the last year, and i have no idea of the mechanisms involved but the electric storms in France just don't seem to make it over the water. 

Its seems to be the same with heavy rain too, just dies out before it gets here, thats whether its coming from Europe or from the west from the Atlantic, since last summer its been really really boring weather here, just meh and super dry, cant remember such a dry period, costing a fortune to water my garden!

I love all extreme weather tbh, As for my name, we haven't had any snow here since 2012, hence my obsession with snow stalking! better get some this year!

You won't have to stalk snow for much longer, a new ice age is coming:whistling:

• Like 2

Posted
13 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

You would say that :nonono:

you would say that i would say that i would say thought:closedeyes:

2 hours ago, Snowstalker said:

see my reply to lassie23 above, i totally agree, the storm a few days back was the first decent one in a long time. And as for snow, we must have a really good snow shield cos haven't seen any since 2012! rain seems to be going the same way too!

Sounds about right!

• Like 1

Posted

Shame nobody finds mist exciting enough to stay up all night tracking the path of it. There is supposed to be a huge bit of it approaching the south coast at the moment.:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

At last, sunshine! Lovely morning here, blue skies and light winds, currently 19C.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Good morning all, what a wonderful day we have  almost cloudless skies and very warm sunshine :D. It has been quite a decent late spring period we are enjoying and tomorrow looks to be fair as well . Hopefully we can continue these gorgeous spells throughout the summer and in to Autumn , have a goo one all .

Mark 

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
11 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Shame nobody finds mist exciting enough to stay up all night tracking the path of it. There is supposed to be a huge bit of it approaching the south coast at the moment.:yahoo:

Drove through some of the mist this morning. Is there such a thing as intense or severe mist? That would keep me up all night :D

• Like 1