Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Nothing down here in Thudersley, barely even any rain in the end and when I looked out at around 4am there was just clear skies.

Turns out there was a storm here and I managed to sleep through the sodding thing.....

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

Had a brilliant storm here last night went on for a good hour and half loads  thunder and lighting plus heavy rain the only disappointment was I was in work so i couldn't sit and watch it hopefully more today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Heard 3 loud thunderclaps here but that was about it. No all nighter for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Massively disappointing night here, 4 flashes of lightning but that was it. Plus point was the heavy rain, enjoyed the sound of it and the garden and allotment will be sorted for a while! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

moving onto today, it's a sunny start with temperatures climbing nicely again so maybe the chance of some storms later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Jolly good storm in Seaford East Sussex last night, started out at sea around 7 and was still loud around 2am. With at last a nice drop of rain for the garden. Still very warm out. Very quiet on this forum last night, probably everyone watching the show. Good Health to you all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Problems with the site? Posts very slow too show up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

i think it's still muggy, the crud broke to leave an area around my village so we had the sun out. I am not kidding. there is a hole of sky over my house.

stupid storm shield how hard is one or two claps of thunder just to make me happy.

not impressed and more of the same nothingness to come today.

:closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Got a fair bit of rain over night with T&L, stayed in bed but woke me up, quite noisy with the window open. Lovely start of the day and looking at the EURO4 we can expect some very pleasant temps today and tomorrow, with just a few showers around.:)

17052915_2900.gif

17053015_2900.gif

• Like 1

Posted

Thunder woke me up just after 2am and there was another loud rumble half am hour later. My partner says as it didn't wake him up, it was probably a dream...righto!!!

It's horribly muggy out there, dull and just horrible. It's bank holiday and it's so oppressive that I can'y be arsed to even go for a walk!

9 hours ago, cloudsabove said:

Lights flickered, MASSIVE rumble that shook the whole house, and seemed to vibrate the glass and whatever else could vibrate in the structure of the house. Not heard anything like that before!

i had something similar just south of wivenhoe ( 03:01 ), a huge GC and then BOOOOM everything vibrated and the thunder rumbled for at least 2 minutes... 

Edited by LimoPreacherman
adding in the time
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...

Had an excellent storm here last night. Lightening in the distance from about 11.20pm, sat outside watching it come in until rain got too heavy at about 1am. Was an excellent show, from about 1.30am to 2.30am was constant strobe lightening and fork lightening and deep cracking rumbles that made the house vibrate! Few even made me jump!

According to all the weather reports it wasn't ment to make it as far south and was ment to be more west and north of me but i am really glad it did end up here cos thats the first decent storm we've have had since the big one back in 2014 with the big shelf cloud.

Really was amazing, feel very lucky to have caught it

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Clouded over just now, few spits of rain. Seems like we had sun to the east of London and cloud towards the west, 23c in Gravesend, thought it felt mild.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Aye, it's all hit-and-miss for us in the SE and EA, this afternoon...But, with the mighty Kent only one wicket away from victory over Sussex, a miss over the Nevill Ground will do me fine!:yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Moderate drizzly rain here, how exciting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

mostly overcast and rather chilly compared to recent days, sun has appeared a couple of times but generally a meh day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...
1 hour ago, Snowstalker said:

Had an excellent storm here last night. Lightening in the distance from about 11.20pm, sat outside watching it come in until rain got too heavy at about 1am. Was an excellent show, from about 1.30am to 2.30am was constant strobe lightening and fork lightening and deep cracking rumbles that made the house vibrate! Few even made me jump!

According to all the weather reports it wasn't ment to make it as far south and was ment to be more west and north of me but i am really glad it did end up here cos thats the first decent storm we've have had since the big one back in 2014 with the big shelf cloud.

Really was amazing, feel very lucky to have caught it

Can't figure out how to edit my post.

Ment to say wasn't ment to be so far EAST not south. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

gone dark and rainy and yuck.

wine makes it better.

just the one large glass you understand.

cheers

:drunk-emoji:

Posted

It did turn very warm and humid for a while. There was some patchy and showery outbreaks of rain but nothing too bad. A high of 24C.

Hi all. I'm getting married this weekend in Hadleigh (Suffolk). Just wondered if anyone had any inkling as to the weather conditions? The MO is fluctuating between cloudy and sporadic showers - hoping for the former, but any indication from you experts would be marvellous.

Cheers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Apparently East Anglia hasn't had any weather for 20 years, can someone confirm this. Most weather seems to be in Brighton and Kent these days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
9 hours ago, hadleighwedding said:

Hi all. I'm getting married this weekend in Hadleigh (Suffolk). Just wondered if anyone had any inkling as to the weather conditions? The MO is fluctuating between cloudy and sporadic showers - hoping for the former, but any indication from you experts would be marvellous.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum hadleighwedding. Where's the wedding? Hadleigh church? As you can see from my profile I too live in Hadleigh.

A little too far out to answer your question at the mo. End of the week looking lovely and warm, but the Look East local forecast just mentioned that it might break down over the weekend with some thundery showers. I sincerely hope you don't experience what I've just experienced. I've been in Staffordshire this last weekend for the wedding of my neice and after the service we were all gathered in the church grounds for photos when the mother of all thunderstorms errupted. From nothing to torrential rain, hail and lightning in seconds!! We were all soaked through to the skin in one minute flat. The photos were postponed to later and many people (myself included) went back to our hotels to wring out clothing and dry out!!

Keeping checking the forum and we'll update on the coming weekend's weather. :)

5 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Welcome to the forum hadleighwedding. Where's the wedding? Hadleigh church? As you can see from my profile I too live in Hadleigh.

A little too far out to answer your question at the mo. End of the week looking lovely and warm, but the Look East local forecast just mentioned that it might break down over the weekend with some thundery showers. I sincerely hope you don't experience what I've just experienced. I've been in Staffordshire this last weekend for the wedding of my neice and after the service we were all gathered in the church grounds for photos when the mother of all thunderstorms errupted. From nothing to torrential rain, hail and lightning in seconds!! We were all soaked through to the skin in one minute flat. The photos were postponed to later and many people (myself included) went back to our hotels to wring out clothing and dry out!!

Keeping checking the forum and we'll update on the coming weekend's weather. :)

Hi there, thanks very much for your reply!

We're getting married at Priory Hall on Saturday afternoon. We're not too fussed if there are one or two scrawly showers, just don't want it to be a complete wash-out!

Met Office currently saying a chance of showers in the morning but a dry afternoon?

• Like 1