Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

The Central Line is literally the fiery depths of hell in warm weather like this. It is illegal to transport livestock at the temperatures we passengers are subjected to. Me today: 

image.thumb.jpeg.d0b44a22e85f30417e2ffa3083d7e18e.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another sunny start, today should be the sunniest day of the week with a drier south easterly feed.

arpegeuk-41-14-0.png?26-06

Temperatures look similar to yesterday so 25-27C the likely high.

Tomorrow still has the potential to be hot though there will be a line of showers moving through at some point in the day, but either side there will be plenty of sunshine though turning slightly fresher behind. Still the risk of some torrential thunderstorms Sunday night as further shallow areas of low pressure move up from France.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Perfect summer weather in my mind going back to how it used to be.

Clear sun all day with a lovely sea breeze.

Hot in the sun and coolish in the shade, flowing air through the house.

Why would you want 30c humid muggy no wind weather just for the sake of it being 30c. :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another glorious morning here with clear blue skies, strong sunshine and a current temperature of 22C. More wind today, hopefully it won't increase any further. It was at a very pleasant level yesterday, we don't need it howling away annoyingly.

• Like 1

Posted

26.8c yesterday, expecting 24-25c again today with even more sunshine!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

When its been very warm with no breeze, and suddenly there's a strong breeze.

giphy.thumb.gif.c6e7798575e1ae4f2d8768e8b5589dd2.gif

Don't know what the temp is as all location weather stations are down... in worthing, ashington, shoreham 

Edited by tomp456

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

I've spotted a phenomenon on the horizon. I think they are called clouds . An absolute corker today and for once I've got today and the weekend off . Hopefully we get the storms out the way early enough tmrw not to ruin the day and hopefully the second wave comes on Sunday night to give us a light show . Wow we can't complain can we . 

IMG_7225.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
14 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

I've spotted a phenomenon on the horizon. I think they are called clouds . An absolute corker today and for once I've got today and the weekend off . Hopefully we get the storms out the way early enough tmrw not to ruin the day and hopefully the second wave comes on Sunday night to give us a light show . Wow we can't complain can we . 

IMG_7225.JPG

Someone will. lol...:diablo:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well it is a truly gorgeous day. When I come to power it will be illegal to work on days like this.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

26C and clear skies, lovely :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

I see weather warnings have been issued for Sunday . Hopefully late in the day and it won't ruin people's BBQ plans.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings

IMG_7228.PNG

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Clear blue skies but a strong SE is moaning around the house. If you closed your eyes you'd think it was the depths of winter :rofl:

Posted
4 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

I see weather warnings have been issued for Sunday . Hopefully late in the day and it won't ruin people's BBQ plans.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings

IMG_7228.PNG

The situation for Sunday evening onwards holds potential for some severe thunderstorms breaking out. That'd be amazing but I'm not getting my hopes up.

27C here so it's the warmest day of the year, so far. So enjoyable especially as I've had leave since Tue, lucky me!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

The situation for Sunday evening onwards holds potential for some severe thunderstorms breaking out. That'd be amazing but I'm not getting my hopes up.

27C here so it's the warmest day of the year, so far. So enjoyable especially as I've had leave since Tue, lucky me!

Imports from France, not 'breaking out' - and it looks like they'll be an East Kent grazer at the minute.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
13 minutes ago, VillagePlank said:

Imports from France, not 'breaking out' - and it looks like they'll be an East Kent grazer at the minute.

Not to be taken literally, of course. But it doesn't look like grazing East Kent to me?

59286a69f29c4_viewimage(4).thumb.png.e7072d13d95ee028433b6cbaf80b8f1b.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Glorious, sunny from start to finish. Much less haze too thanks to a stiffer and drier SE wind. The high again was 25c.

Posted
56 minutes ago, VillagePlank said:

Not to the Met Office it doesn't, they've got warnings out for the whole of S England and E Anglia. I've not seen anywhere that it would be a boring Kent clipper situation, if you have can you post info please?

Posted
45 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Not to be taken literally, of course. But it doesn't look like grazing East Kent to me?

59286a69f29c4_viewimage(4).thumb.png.e7072d13d95ee028433b6cbaf80b8f1b.png

Haha, everywhere but Kent on that chart. Of course, just for fun at this stage. Might be a complete fail as per most of the last 10 years...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Expecting any Thunderstorm potential forecasted to be zilch on the day as is nearly always the case. 

I hope I'm proved wrong but we all know getting a decent thunderstorm in this country to land in your back garden is extremely difficult. 

Of course if a distant rumble & one didn't flash rocks your boat, then you might have better luck on something happening! 

26c today with a breeze, felt amazing. Not to hot and clear sky over head. 

Had a few drinks in pub garden after work and now back home, heading into central tomorrow afternoon/evening and weather looks top notch once again. 

Edited by Ben Lewis

Posted
17 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Expecting any Thunderstorm potential forecasted to be zilch on the day as is nearly always the case. 

I hope I'm proved wrong but we all know getting a decent thunderstorm in this country to land in your back garden is extremely difficult. 

Of course if a distant rumble & one didn't flash rocks your boat, then you might have better luck on something happening! 

26c today with a breeze, felt amazing. Not to hot and clear sky over head. 

Had a few drinks in pub garden after work and now back home, heading into central tomorrow afternoon/evening and weather looks top notch once again. 

The last 10-15 years has been incredibly poor for the supposedly most thunder prone region of the UK. I don't know how old you are, but in my 43 years in this area I've witnessed a multitude of decent summer storms, some amazing all nighters, and a couple of supercells. All that activity seems to stay on the continent nowadays but I'm hoping it will change this year, who knows?! Would be so good to see storms like some of those I watched in the 80's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Apart from learning the ladies here don't like denim dresses and sneakers, it's 'alf been blowy. Had it all going on. From blocked drains, to My DPD driver telling me he's going to quit like NOW and hubs with a surprise delivery of stuffs.:yahoo: 

Thunder storms in the next few days? nah i still need to pain the fence. 

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
17 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

The last 10-15 years has been incredibly poor for the supposedly most thunder prone region of the UK. I don't know how old you are, but in my 43 years in this area I've witnessed a multitude of decent summer storms, some amazing all nighters, and a couple of supercells. All that activity seems to stay on the continent nowadays but I'm hoping it will change this year, who knows?! Would be so good to see storms like some of those I watched in the 80's.

Hi Staines, 

I'm 34. 

I remember many many years ago whilst still living with folks a thunderstorm that was an all nighter. 

Constant lightening overhead and as far as the eye could see, thunder every 30 seconds and heavy rain with hail stones every so often. It seemed to go on for what felt like an eternity- well most over the night time hours actually. It was the talk for everyone the following day. 

I moved out of home at 18 and I have never whitnessed another night of electrical and disturbed atmosphere for such longevity like that since. So that goes to show how decent super cells are very rare. 

Thankfully holidays in the Caribbean, Maldives and USA have made up and reminded me of that wonderful night that I witnessed some 16- 19 years ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben Lewis said:

Hi Staines, 

I'm 34. 

I remember many many years ago whilst still living with folks a thunderstorm that was an all nighter. 

Constant lightening overhead and as far as the eye could see, thunder every 30 seconds and heavy rain with hail stones every so often. It seemed to go on for what felt like an eternity- well most over the night time hours actually. It was the talk for everyone the following day. 

I moved out of home at 18 and I have never whitnessed another night of electrical and disturbed atmosphere for such longevity like that since. So that goes to show how decent super cells are very rare. 

Thankfully holidays in the Caribbean, Maldives and USA have made up and reminded me of that wonderful night that I witnessed some 16- 19 years ago. 

If and it's a big if Sunday afternoon / night goes to plan.. Well some charts I've seen pop up tonight are dreamy. If you love storms that is... 

I'm 23 the most vivd storm I saw was in South of France I'll message you tomorrow with the story. 

Last year was probably 7/10 for storms for us I would say staines Thorpe Park etc 's couple of nights with the elevated storms was like a strobe. Then we had the surface based stuff with cracking thunder.. 

The thing is, we have had now 3 days on the trot of above 25c and tomorrow too looks 27-28c before Sunday maybe 23-25c that's a long period of time in UK standards of warming up. It's brewing, the issue we have most of the time I'd triggers. 

It's a bit like in winter when we say get the cold in first, worry about snow later. The issue is 99% of the time a warm sector shows up. Like a bad Fart in a disco. 

Fingers crossed but Sunday morning we will only have a rough idea. All part of the fun being a weather bod! 

FB_IMG_1494391944154.thumb.jpg.be63b8d7c715dcf5108ee55904284b64.jpg

• Like 1