Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another beautiful start to the day here and already a warm 19C at 08:45. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Absolutely feels a lot warmer than this time yesterday and not a cloud to be seen it's lovely :D . I wonder if we will hit 29c the local Beeb forecast said it's possible. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

And it's now 22C here at 9am lol

• Like 1

Absolutely beautiful weather, hit 27.1 c yesterday and it's already 23.6c. Some of us certainly will be seeing 30c at some point in the next couple of days.

Always keep an eye on the model output thread and was surprised to see someone rubbishing the temperatures being shown by the Met. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

And it's now 22C here at 9am lol

This is exactly what I thought would happen, due to a huge mass of concrete heating up and not able to let all that heat escape due to the very short nights 

Could we even get 29-30 today?? I think my guess yesterday of 27-28c will be more on the mark. 

I have to keep telling myself it's only May, it's baking out there already!!! Love my job being outside... Blissss 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Would be surprised if somewhere wasn't very close to 30c today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

18 degrees already at Heathrow already 

The gfs this morning keeps the warm uppers till Tuesday 

23c widely already around the London area, and out to Gravesend (10am), at this rate we could hit the high 20's c if it stays sunny this afternoon, can't see much in the way of cloud today. I'll stick my neck out and go for a high of 28c today in London, maybe Heathrow again will come in tops.:D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Wall-to-wall sunshine, the now and 21C. Patiently waiting for the sea breeze.:D

Posted

Saturday is looking good for some thunder :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good Morning Everyone,

It is my one of my son's 38th birthday today and practically every year since he was born it has been hot and sunny on 25 May. Today is no exception. Unfortunately he will not be able to enjoy the glorious weather until this evening. He is working up in Chelsea as an electrician doing "second fix" on the electrical services in luxury flats. They have a lot of glazing, but the windows do not open as they will have ultimately have air conditioning installed, but at the present time this is not operational. They are absolutely sweltering with the high temperatures and having to wear PPE.

He  is looking forward, as we all are to the weekend. On Monday we will be enjoying a BBQ when he and his wife will be coming over to see us, along with my other 2 sons and partners, plus a lively 6 year old who will then stay with us until Thursday, when we will drive him back home to Huntingdon.

i only hope the weather holds out for Monday, but it appears all very unclear at the moment what will happen. If the front for Friday/Saturday to our west comes through earlier than previously thought will we enjoy fairly settled reasonably warm conditions here in the southeast, or will it be the start of a more unsettled Atlantic driven regime?

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

ITV London forecast going for 29c at Heathrow today and tomorrow, could end up even higher than that they said, particularly tomorrow. So 30c is not out of the question.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Nice to see NIck on the Netweather main forecast using some MO tweets and charts.

Not sure if they have been used before but never when I have checked.

Posted

25.4c yesterday was managed here by the coast which is rather impressive for May i have to say.. Expecting the same maybe slightly higher today though, currently 23.1c

Posted

26C here with a pleasant E'ly breeze. Perfect :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Just a tickle over 25c here, lots of sunshine, and a few fluffy clouds floating around.

I see N Wales/NW England is the hotspot today at 27c (Hawarden/Blackpool)....very nice indeed, and actually widespread warmth for once rather than being confined to one area 8)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

Just a tickle over 25c here, lots of sunshine, and a few fluffy clouds floating around.

I see N Wales/NW England is the hotspot today at 27c (Hawarden/Blackpool)....very nice indeed, and actually widespread warmth for once rather than being confined to one area 8)

Still time for somewhere else to nick it, sometimes the hottest temps can be after 3pm 

Peak heating occurs between 12-3pm when the heat begins to radiate out is when it can occur too. 

After 4pm temperatures usually begin to go down 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

A nice breeze today, making it feel just right, i'm sure it will vanish by tonight, making for a sticky one.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A good 24C here, now...And, as others have already said, tonight'll be another sticky one! Cue 'melting' smiley...

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely breeze picked up here too, taking the edge off the temps. Wall to wall sunshine, just right.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Topped out at 26c here an hour ago, back to 25c now. 

Thought it would have gone higher than that going by the early morning temps of 22c at 9am here. 

Great early summer weather, what a change from that crap weather last week. 

Posted
28 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Topped out at 26c here an hour ago, back to 25c now. 

Thought it would have gone higher than that going by the early morning temps of 22c at 9am here. 

Great early summer weather, what a change from that crap weather last week. 

Thought you might be happy with this weather Ben.:) 

I think its the easterly breeze thats pegging back temps a bit this afternoon, much clearer weather though, sunbathing weather in fact.

3-7.gif

6-580.gif

Edited by snowray
  • Like 1

Posted

Quick heads up for Saturday afternoon.

Here's the skew -t

skew-t.thumb.gif.707db990a2e3296f53d998b65fea1bb1.gif

It's for Heathrow on Saturday 12z.

Oddles of CAPE (>1200) in a moderately convective atmosphere (LI=-5) with a slight cap at 850hPa (CIN=1) Other indices imply scattered thunderstorms (K=34) some of them severe (TT=51) giving well over an inch of rain where they form (PW=3.81) Dew points uncomfortably high (19.1)

This is supported by a tongue of theta-e ridging up from the near continent into Central England for midday edging out NE during the afternoon,

thetae.thumb.gif.592b5743a4323eba26284636ac7cfb10.gifthetaw.thumb.gif.0c3470ae95d12d5f2dfdeac3d1cdc658.gif

No systemic rainfall forecast - a weakening front approaching from the West, sadly weakening from the SE first, so triggers to be the main problem for thunderstorm activity. Some solid and strong late morning sunshine to early afternoon sunshine with convection inhibited at 850hPa (around the nominal cloud base) may be enough to set off some spectacularly quickly formed thunderstorms mid afternoon.

Happy hunting!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely day with plenty of sunshine and just a little fair weather cloud. The temperature hit 25C by early afternoon but that south easterly breeze kind of stopped the temperatures rising any further.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Just back from the beach on what has been an absolutely stunning day here. Cloudless azure blue skies, a steady breeze and 24.3c. I have to rate this a perfect 10.

• Like 4