Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous start to the day here with blue skies, light winds and 16C currently. Yesterday's nasty clag seems to have gone. Should be a lovely 3-4 days coming up, hopefully some decent weather over the weekend too though we could see some showers or thunderstorms on Sat night if the fax charts are to be believed. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
24 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Gorgeous start to the day here with blue skies, light winds and 16C currently. Yesterday's nasty clag seems to have gone. Should be a lovely 3-4 days coming up, hopefully some decent weather over the weekend too though we could see some showers or thunderstorms on Sat night if the fax charts are to be believed. 

Still quite a bit of ironing out to do with this potential plumey spell. Will we see the storms materialise this side of the channel? Will they arrive at night time and will we get a second round on Sunday night and into Monday. It's like forecasting a beasterly at the opposite end of the spectrum! 

Still fun to watch though, and in my opinion, storms here have delivered a lot more recently than cold spells of late! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Still quite a bit of ironing out to do with this potential plumey spell. Will we see the storms materialise this side of the channel? Will they arrive at night time and will we get a second round on Sunday night and into Monday. It's like forecasting a beasterly at the opposite end of the spectrum! 

Still fun to watch though, and in my opinion, storms here have delivered a lot more recently than cold spells of late! 

Agree. Seems to be a lot of pessimism in the model thread but to my amateur eyes there is quite a lot of interest for the weekend. Saturday looks sunny and hot then possibly thundery in the evening/overnight. Sun could be a fine day and then Mon looks be very interesting...the output does remind me a bit of 80's-90's plumes that actually last a few days, not hours as has been the case since 2007. Of course it could all be a damp squib, it is the UK, but we are LONG overdue a decent thundery episode!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
39 minutes ago, claret047 said:

Hello mark,

It is a beautiful day here in Mid-Essex too. With theses light warm mornings I wake early and I am really enjoying this weather, although having to water the allotment every evening is a bit of a bind.

Although I am far from an expert, I have a feeling the possible breakdown to our weather over the Bank Holiday weekend may be too progressive. I hope so as I was looking forward to giving my BBQ its first outing of the year on Monday, when I have all the family over to visit.

Will you be enjoying the weekend weather or having to work?.

Kind Regards

Dave

Hi Dave , I think you might be right with regards to the progression of these fronts , hopefully the models start to swing back the other way by the 12z runs . I have the weekend off back on Monday ( makes a change ) it's both my wife's and eldest daughters birthday on Saturday so we are going to take the kids to chessington world of adventures with her nieces and grandparents in tow . I have to get back early though as I am a chelsea supporter and there is a small match going on in the evening . We then plan a BBQ on Sunday weather permitting ( fingers crossed) even if the forecast is for thunderstorms I think we will still go ahead as long as they are isolated , you just never know when the next opportunity might arise .

Cheers Mark 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
2 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Glorious start. And by 17.00 Arpege reckons 26C for London...... 25C for several places...... 24C for many!! Lovely jubbly!! :)

59252bff2d97a_ArpegeTemps24May17_00.thumb.png.2e1073af333c328124db2ef23d75fe5a.png

As long as we get the sea breeze here it will be great.

Like we used to get.

Or as the DJ's would say "going back in time" or now they call it a "throw back"

• Like 1

Oh man some people in the model thread. You can tell by the way they word stuff and constantly try and bring people down, they are the type of people that tailgate you and cut you up on a roundabout. One word for them starts with a C.... 

Back to the weather and wow I'm ignoring the tosh in the model thread because one thing models can't have is UHI you have a few days of strong sun and heat that really has no where to go. 

So I see it like this for Heathrow, the hot spot of the south east. 

Today : 26c

Thursday : 27-28c

Friday: 27-29c

Saturday: 28-30c

(possibly thunder later) 

Then into next week we'll who Knows.. We can't get past 48 hours atm let alone 5 days. 

It's bloody may!!! Not end of July/August our hottest months  

@stainesbloke. Pointed out people get very jealous of our climate here in the south! Jealously is a killer 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It's ridiculous, Luke - the weather will do whatever it's going to!:D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

20C and wall-to-wall sunshine...Shame about the ten-minute rule!

Can't we have 30 minutes? Anyone who abuses the system, in SD, can be banned, surely?:D

Posted
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Oh man some people in the model thread. You can tell by the way they word stuff and constantly try and bring people down, they are the type of people that tailgate you and cut you up on a roundabout. One word for them starts with a C.... 

Back to the weather and wow I'm ignoring the tosh in the model thread because one thing models can't have is UHI you have a few days of strong sun and heat that really has no where to go. 

So I see it like this for Heathrow, the hot spot of the south east. 

Today : 26c

Thursday : 27-28c

Friday: 27-29c

Saturday: 28-30c

(possibly thunder later) 

Then into next week we'll who Knows.. We can't get past 48 hours atm let alone 5 days. 

It's bloody may!!! Not end of July/August our hottest months  

@stainesbloke. Pointed out people get very jealous of our climate here in the south! Jealously is a killer 

Yep, ridiculous. Almost like people resent the SE getting the best weather. But it's the way it is! I wouldn't live anywhere else in the UK, it's not warm or sunny enough here for my liking much of the time.

23C here now, lovely :) The weekend? Who knows, hopefully at least one good day and a thunderstorm or two.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Yep, ridiculous. Almost like people resent the SE getting the best weather. But it's the way it is! I wouldn't live anywhere else in the UK, it's not warm or sunny enough here for my liking much of the time.

23C here now, lovely :) The weekend? Who knows, hopefully at least one good day and a thunderstorm or two.

Also makes me laugh how they hand on every GFS run like its gospel.

Personally it is only good for trends and even then normally way of the mark.

So many wannabe forecasters who know very little and make believe they do.

One bad thing about the computer age lol.

Concentrate on 5 days and MO updates and read between the lines.

If you live away from the SE and esp "up north" you know the weather will never be as good as the SE so why stress and throw your toys out the pram.

By the way wall to wall sunshine, still feeling coolish in shade which is good.:)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Best just to ignore said people... They may just get bored of posting such tripe when it's not replied to.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Managed to get 25c here today, been sunny virtually all day with just a few clouds floating around. Beaten the 22c we were forecasted with ease!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

just fair weather cloud today, good spells of sunshine and just a light north westerly breeze. Up to 25c.

Good call guys on the hotspot, Heathrow at 26c.

• Like 2

Posted

Beautiful day here, lots of sunshine with the odd fair weather cloud, very light winds and 26C. Lovely!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

just fair weather cloud today, good spells of sunshine and just a light north westerly breeze. Up to 25c.

Good call guys on the hotspot, Heathrow at 26c.

And I guessed the temperature right with location. What's that worth? Pint of jungle juice 

I will always put money on Heathrow being the hottest in any plume event if the factors are like today. 

Posted

I'm pretty damn sure it will reach 30C there was a squabble over it in you know where. I would not bother looking at GFS it has been performing terribly lately.

Anywho a very warm day put on a sweat, high today 26C with the heat building C London turns into a mini furnace. There could be some decent t'storms; I hope we break the heat in style. 

image.thumb.gif.05366a7d79aa4578cf8cfaeb981e596f.gifimage.thumb.gif.d00d8c78c9cca533117e2b19e2aad730.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Nice day here too. Cloud came in about 1pm for a couple of hours, lovely evening.

These sort of temps are just right for me, 24-26c is ideal. Was actually too warm to work in the garden earlier when the sun was out.:D

• Like 1

Posted

Yet again no wind, as Snowray says you cant work in the garden in this, you have to have a breeze. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

Yet again no wind, as Snowray says you cant work in the garden in this, you have to have a breeze. 

Yes no breeze at all and a very hot sun, I did a bit this evening in the garden, going pretty well. Would have been lovely for a BBQ but am cooking a curry tonight, took a lot longer than I though to get all the spices ready with this recipe but was worth it in the end with a nice glass of red claret.:)

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely warm evening, still 21C here at nearly 22:30, fan on in bedroom and summer duvet sorted :)

• Like 1

Posted

Really struggling to cool down 21.9c here as of 23:00, sultry, the joy of living in an UHI..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
52 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Lovely warm evening, still 21C here at nearly 22:30, fan on in bedroom and summer duvet sorted :)

My summer duvet hasn't left the bed after last summer :rofl:

Glorious day here, just the right amount of sunny spells and a nice breeze. Fingers crossed for a dry BH, three dog shows to go to :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Was pretty hot today and it's a very humid night, feels more like July, hit 27c , 30 no longer looks likely and thunder looks more likely up north than here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A sunny start here, going to be a cracker of a day with temperatures up a degree or so.

Saturday could hit 30C but appears to be dependent on how much cloud moves up associated with that front, if there isn't too much then 30C should be reached, if there is quite a bit and a few showers then we won't, also with the winds swing direction then some unexpected areas could hit that figure.

Sunday night looks to be the one to watch in regards to thunderstorms as a shallow heat low approaches from the south.

• Like 3