Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Another 15mm of rain, finally skies are clearing but think the heating is going back on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

There is something coming. It is dark.

:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, Changing Skies said:

Definitely wrong that Malcolm! We had thundery downpour a hour or so ago the first in a long time it does feel cool for May I have a flaming cold.

Yes, that's what I thought Daniel - most places in our Region had more than the WeatherOnline chart suggests...... :cc_confused:

As for today, the storm that rapidly developed as it crossed London looked pretty good by the time it got to you - I'm jealous!

And as you say, it felt really cold this morning. Let's hope the ECM forecast for next week is on the money - we need some warmth and sunshine now!

P.S. I hope your cold clears off fast!!

Posted
On 17/05/2017 at 21:14, Ed Stone said:

With any luck, it'll all be gone by then, JJ1?:good:

lol, i didn't get soaked on the train journey yesterday, i got soaked walking home this afternoon instead.

Posted

it's raining. heavy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well despite forecasts saying so, yesterday started cloudy but didn't really improve with full cloud cover and a couple of afternoon showers. Today starting much better with today being the only day with the risk of rain for the entire forecast period so after a couple of inches falling this week it is back to very dry conditions again, probably makes then couple of washouts worth it in the long run.

Posted

I am going to put out a line of washing.

wish me luck.

I feel they will get an extra rinse o/

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Language Larry :nonono:

i think your summer up there is already over:doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

Hopefully yes , more excuses for holidays :rofl:

cali turkey syria then brighton:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Not too bad a day here, avoided most of the showers and had a bit of sun. Plenty of cloud though and the vile wind is back. Next week looking very nice if model output is to be believed, lovely warmth and sunshine, then thunderstorm risk increasing.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Had quite a few showers here, but in the sunshine and light winds it felt very pleasant. The wind did get gusty in the showers though.

Next week looks very promising, we could potentially see 30C by next weekend perhaps.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Average sort of a day, not really warm enough to ditch the hoodie owing to a strong breeze, one or two passing light showers later afternoon and evening. Looking forward to next week warming up but have a feeling the east will be several degrees lower than everywhere else :nonono:

Posted

Had a few perky showers it absolutely threw it down en route to Wembley it always seems to rain whenever we play there interesting? A good day we're going up, well deserved the first half was seriously awful though.  :) 

IMG_2492.thumb.PNG.cb4a9dc914a245024b20cabcf11f9616.PNG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

sunshine and showers day here, at least it seems to be warming up at last

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Nice sunny start to the day and a pleasant cool feel at 11c with light winds.

Posted

Lots of sunshine here to start with just a little high cloud and a few bits of cumulus.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Beautiful morning. From now on in then it's going to get much warmer and possibly 30c by the bank holiday weekend. The stuff that is being modelled is nothing short of exceptional in terms of plume potential!! Looks like a real classic 90's style one with that long southerly fetch. Then with possible reloads too. My favourite UK weather setup by a country mile. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Feeling really warm here already and its only around 20c. :)

I remember a late May heatwave when I was in my teens, probably around late 70's or 1980, was memorable because it came from nowhere like this one coming up and it was as hot as you might expect in mid summer. Everyone was complaining about the heat and we were drinking lots of ice cold coke with slices of lemon.

Looking at the Archives looks like it was probably 1978.

Edited by snowray
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Increasingly sunny today here with lighter winds at last and feeling pleasant at 20C currently. 

This coming week looks like an absolute belter with some hot sunshine developing and then possible severe thunderstorms from Sunday. Couldn't get much better! Fingers firmly crossed :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
31 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Increasingly sunny today here with lighter winds at last and feeling pleasant at 20C currently. 

This coming week looks like an absolute belter with some hot sunshine developing and then possible severe thunderstorms from Sunday. Couldn't get much better! Fingers firmly crossed :D

Hows the Allotment going sb, I planted some rhubarb about a month or so ago and they are massive already, can't believe it really, do they usually grow that fast? Potatoes are best they have ever been this year too, that rain was just the job. Been out working today, lots clearing to do still at the bottom of the garden thats pretty overgrown, getting it ready to do raised beds for veg next year.

Posted
28 minutes ago, snowray said:

Hows the Allotment going sb, I planted some rhubarb about a month or so ago and they are massive already, can't believe it really, do they usually grow that fast? Potatoes are best they have ever been this year too, that rain was just the job. Been out working today, lots clearing to do still at the bottom of the garden thats pretty overgrown, getting it ready to do raised beds for veg next year.

Allotment is doing well thank you. Had some painful losses from that stupid frost the week before last, lost most of my greengages, apricots and plums. The trees were loaded with fruitlets, I could have cried lol! Otherwise, everything coming on well, am going to put the tomatoes and winter squash out a week or two early as the forecast is warm. All the brassicas are out and growing fast. Beans next. That rain last week did wonders. Sounds like you are doing well, do you have a plot or are you growing in the garden? Don't know much about rhubarb, it does seem to grow fast here.

• Like 2

This year in the garden I have giant pumpkins, parsnips, carrots, runner beans, giant tomato, chillis, cabbage, Chinese cabbage, asparagus. 

The stuff that comes back each year raspberries, apples, ruhbarb, strawberries. 

Herb garden has rocket, baby leaf mix, basil, mint, thyme and purple basil. 

Busy year coming up! 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2