Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 minute ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Must be right out on the coast then because is just grey and dull here, not particularly humid either! 

You're right, it is, NS...You should maybe think yourself lucky? It's horrible down/over here... I can't wait till tomorrow!:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Tbh Ed I'd prefer mega sunshine and warmth after having the most miserable cold and grey start to the month. Mind you we have been spoilt for a few days with a bit of sunshine :D

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Tbh Ed I'd prefer mega sunshine and warmth after having the most miserable cold and grey start to the month. Mind you we have been spoilt for a few days with a bit of sunshine :D

Usually, the weather you get 'way oop there' is pretty much the same as what I get? I guess that isolated thunderstorms/thundery showers and strongly demarcated frontal-zones are the exception?

Anywho, tomorrow looks to be much much better...? And on Friday it might well be my turn to be under the grey!:good:

EURO4 looks spot on.. 

17051715_1706.thumb.gif.ecae4522dedfe23dbf9768bb706f093e.gif

17051718_1706.thumb.gif.59ae186c37788e3e40ff6f0483386c8a.gif

17051721_1706.thumb.gif.48ff6982596e8005591c3062c78d780b.gif

Still a lot more rain for central areas to come. Eastern areas will have to hope that the band of rain holds together as the euro4 does not break out any storms over the UK they stay the other side of the channel. 

Scores on the doors here are 40mm of rain from last night till now.. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Met office showing 25c at Langdon bay nr Dover at 17.00, I bet it got even warmer than that just a bit further inland in East Kent.:D

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, snowray said:

Met office showing 25c at Langdon bay nr Dover at 17.00, I bet it got even warmer than that just a bit further inland in East Kent.:D

Certainly felt like it walking the dog.. She's a runner.. Apparently I'm not!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

The rain has finally arrived here but late enough that it didn't spoil what was a surprisingly good day and the warmest of the year here so far with 24.4c being reached.

Probably due to my age and health issues I actually found the conditions here this afternoon quite oppressive, despite being on the seafront and watching folk enjoy a bbq on the beach.

The garden is enjoying the rain and so am I now, sitting under the canopy I bought earlier this year. Still holding off from buying a patio heater at this time, hoping for a good summer !

• Like 2

Posted

Aye, peeps; it looks like the pivot has happened - nasty looking clouds are encroaching from the west!:yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

been raining all day, the heaviest when i went to get the bin

*soaking wet hair smiley*

:pardon:

• Like 1

Posted
41 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Aye, peeps; it looks like the pivot has happened - nasty looking clouds are encroaching from the west!:yahoo:

Just started lightly raining here - I did see some blue sky earlier (about 50 miles away haha)

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Just started lightly raining here - I did see some blue sky earlier (about 50 miles away haha)

Never mind, NS - tomorrow morning, you'll wake-up to full-strength sunshine streaming in your window!!:good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy all weather but LOVE snow and thunderstorms

It's been very warm here again today after a uncomfortable night sleeping last night nice bit of rain as well there's been a lot of rain here since about 7 and a lot of surface flooding now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

@stainesbloke. Some shops in staines have been flooded =( if you go over staines bridge and carry on through staines, opposite pizza express is a blocked drain and it's all in the buildings and sand bags are out. As per usual the council is doing sweet FA to un block the drain and help the businesses out. 

Doesn't surprise me, council are useless! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, Ellozee said:

Okay. This is getting beyond a joke now. Rain to my W, E, S and N.

tmp_29168-Screenshot_20170517-1912191578775855.thumb.png.2758267e07b775d8c3da373c4082d3e0.png

Have you got any rain yet?

I have been stuck in the light PPN here myself, in between the two bands of heavy rain, nothing out of the ordinary there, and the lot to my west is fizzling out too as it heads this way. 

The most rain I have had in a long time was last night, in fact probably had more rain in the last 24hrs than the whole of 2017 so far in, and I'm not exaggerating one bit.

More rain due tomorrow night for more eastern areas.

Hopefully get some decent weather though later in May.:)

Posted
43 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

And it's peesing down!:good:

yep and on the coast over here, now tomorrow i have to go on the train, means i will probably get soaked early morning on the way.

Edited by JennyJane1

Posted
7 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

yep and on the coast over here, now tomorrow i have to go on the train, means i will probably get soaked early morning on the way.

With any luck, it'll all be gone by then, JJ1?:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
6 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Been watching the blue sky that's out over the North Sea; it's been oscillating back and forth, for the past two hours...

Good Evening Pete,

My wife and I went to Walton-on-Naze on the Essex coast today. When we arrived at about 11,30 it was cloudy and fairly breezy, but I noticed it was brighter out to sea. We found shelter from the wind behind a wall. I noticed that the clouds appeared to be travelling in the opposite direction to the low level breeze. By about 2 O'clock the brighter weather had encrouched from the sea, but as you say it kept going back and forth, but in the main for the rest of the afternoon the sun won out and it was a really nice warm afternoon. So pleasant in fact we spent the rest of the afternoon enjoying it.

We finally left about 5.45 and noted cloud to the west, but it was still sunny as we started off We only had only traveled about 12 miles inland when the rain started- large splodges, but not a lot at first, but as we continued our journey it became heavier all the way home.

There had been an accident on the A12 southbound between Witham and Chelmsford and it took what seemed an eternity to reach home. It is still raining as I type this post. Today has been most interesting and unusual weatherwise.

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 3

Posted
34 minutes ago, snowray said:

Have you got any rain yet?

I have been stuck in the light PPN here myself, in between the two bands of heavy rain, nothing out of the ordinary there, and the lot to my west is fizzling out too as it heads this way. 

The most rain I have had in a long time was last night, in fact probably had more rain in the last 24hrs than the whole of 2017 so far in, and I'm not exaggerating one bit.

More rain due tomorrow night for more eastern areas.

Hopefully get some decent weather though later in May.:)

Yes, been raining steadily but not torrentially for the past hour. I did start to wonder if I'd angered the weather gods! Glad to see the thirsty plants finally satisfied, hoping the forecast of possible thunderstorms friday/weekend comes good now!

Posted
1 hour ago, Ellozee said:

Yes, been raining steadily but not torrentially for the past hour. I did start to wonder if I'd angered the weather gods! Glad to see the thirsty plants finally satisfied, hoping the forecast of possible thunderstorms friday/weekend comes good now!

Thats good to hear, so we have all got our rain today. I swear that my potatoes have grown by an inch today every time I have looked at them, so maybe 10 inches in one day, you got to see it to believe it!:rofl: No really needed this rain, even planted more grass seed this morning.

We defo have funny weather around here, the PPN has all moved east apart from a small blob on the radar, and its over me and only moving very slowly, its still raining moderately.

Posted

About 4hrs of steady rain here, just what the land ordered and much better than torrential downpours after such a dry spell :) 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A beautiful sunny and calm start to Thurs, but at 95% it's feeling very humid with all the moisture about.

Well what a 48 hours it's been for rainfall! I've measured a whopping 40 mm here which is already approaching the average of 50 mm for May for this location. My 3 x 50 gallon water butts are full and my garden nice and soggy, ready to face the extended heatwave that will arrive shortly! :rolleyes:

And we're not finished yet, with another area of potentially heavy rain, giving maybe another 20 - 30 mm, moving up the east coast this evening and through tomorrow. Here's a chart you don't often see - spot the wettest Region in the UK.

Arpege rainfall accumulation next 24 hours 591d47c3784f8_ArpegePrecipAccumto09.00Fri19May.thumb.png.1fa7770cd92f25651926fd93fb86673f.png

• Like 3