Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
31 minutes ago, fujita5 said:

Have a look at the European view and animate the last hour - there's some decent eastward progression over France!

It's been interesting watching the radar this morning. There's been a bit of a pivot going on with the band of rain, moving slightly west over our Region (at times) but as you say, definitely moving east over France. You can see this on the radar grabs for 11.05 and 13.15:

591c443a45f9e_RainfallRadarWed17May11_05.thumb.jpg.fb5992d68a3d7a2fa019d7583d99ef4e.jpg591c444e963fa_RainfallRadarWed17May13_15.thumb.jpg.e3d65a7961a682ba0f6d8eb0098ebbf9.jpg

BBC/Met Office forecast on the lunchtime news shows heavy rain expected to move right across the Region during this evening with the possibility of thunder & lightning:

19.00 591c4662b27b6_BBCForecastfor19_00.thumb.jpg.33c54db453ddba9ce52b88bf282581a0.jpg 21.00 591c46832923f_BBCForecastfor21_00.thumb.jpg.6a4bed17cf9e691b4875840fea660778.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Looks like the London area all the way to around Caen is in a warm sector of this quasi stationary, relentless rain band that I've been stuck under for the last 12 hours already! As you can see, some intense downpours have formed just west of Le Mans. Kent could well be in for a shout later on, and with this band more further west than previously modelled, more of us could have a better chance of a few sparks here and there. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
26 minutes ago, snowray said:

Just missing out here, its going to move a bit further west this afternoon before that new lot from France starts to push everything though eastwards later on into the evening. 

Just as well I got a fair bit of rain last night everything looking a lot greener, my potatoes seem to have grown half as much again since yesterday. I want more rain!:)

You won't miss out on it this evening......nor indeed thursday night into friday morning!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Very warm over northern France of course, 27c+. Was expecting more shower activity east of the front but its a straight line going through the west of London, wet to the west and dry to the east. Reminds me of a couple of events in winter in the 90s when fronts ground to a halt when moving in over cold air in the east of the UK, stalling at about the same place the front is now, these were forecast 50/100 miles further East just the day before. Produced lots of snow west of London and bone dry to the east.

Posted

Is it me, or is that the sting in the tail appearing SW of Paris? I'm hoping I'm right, currently as far east as you can get without swimming and it's absolutely boiling, really need the rain in the fields/garden and frankly I really need a Tstorm because, well because I blooming love them!

tmp_16811-Screenshot_20170517-142039981299536.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
28 minutes ago, Timmytour said:

You won't miss out on it this evening......nor indeed thursday night into friday morning!!!

Yup should do ok. :)

Some shower activity just starting to show up east of the front and everything starting to move east again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Been watching the blue sky that's out over the North Sea; it's been oscillating back and forth, for the past two hours...

Posted
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Yep, back on the move east now

And the sun is now shining!

Posted

Looking lovely in the far east with some high temps showing on the wundermap of over 80f, all the way from Folkestone, Ashford, Margate and up into eastern parts of EA.

Edit: theres an 86f just outside Canterbury, that must be well wrong though.

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Hi I thought I heard a distant boom of thunder a few minutes ago...could be mistaken though...best of luck everyone...lets hope we get a rare event...

Posted

The rain seemed heavy and continuous in Uxbridge this morning, sufficient to create large deep puddles, and the beginnings of flooding on the M4/M25 slip road; one particularly popular junction for flooding in Uxbridge had some very wide berths being used by buses and cars straddling around it and into the path of oncoming vehicles. Back in Surbiton, as observed by others, the front has pivoted west for a while after a steady supply of the wet stuff here too, but the radar shows we're about to get another soaking any minute. Now, if a bit of electrification could just pop into it all, that would be lovely:)

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
10 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Got a thunderstorm 5 minutes away:good:

make that 7 hours, it bottled it:closedeyes::nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It needs to make it's mind up, one minute looks like the sun was coming out then it's raining. then it stops a bit then it s raining. I am heading out shortly.

in other news the grass is a lovely lush green at last.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Can't belive such a small distance makes huge differences. As I type this im in the van with the driver and we are dogeing surface water flooding. 

It's odd isn't it? Seems anything 50 miles to the west of me has been pretty much underwater since last night! If we don't get a Kent clipper any time soon, it'll be hosepipe bans here come June... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Seeing pretty fast development to my north and east, possible home grown storms if there is enough energy out there

Posted

Dry and increasingly sunny, 19C - but feels like about 29! 

Hope y'all get some much-needed rain tonight!:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Steady rain has arrived. 

It is wet. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Have changed my mind, towers seem to be breaking down as quick as they're going up. 
At least we've had a warm sunny day I guess :)

Posted

IMG_0304.thumb.PNG.319b15d8fe58e4d0a5cd56daf29f0190.PNG25c here and very humid, milky high level cloud but still sunny

Edited by lottiekent
Add screenshot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 hour ago, snowray said:

Looking lovely in the far east with some high temps showing on the wundermap of over 80f, all the way from Folkestone, Ashford, Margate and up into eastern parts of EA.

Edit: theres an 86f just outside Canterbury, that must be well wrong though.

Must be right out on the coast then because is just grey and dull here, not particularly humid either! 

• Like 1

Posted

A very extensive rain band it is pushing eastwards albeit slowly, light rain has started here big rainfall totals for Central Southern England if it was snow I'd be livid. 

IMG_2474.thumb.PNG.a1e4fd338fc421398d0763a452d68260.PNG

• Like 3