Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Oh yippee, another day of North Sea cold and gloomy rubbish. On satellite, everywhere to our W, S and E is sunny. Might break up soon, with any luck...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I just can't believe how chilly it is for basically mid-May! The wind is still icy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Certainly chilly overnight, with a min temp of 3.5C here. But a glorious sunny start under a clear blue sky and hopefully it will be lovely once the strong May sunshine gets to work on lifting the temperature.

The satellite image of Europe this morning is interesting, showing the warm front that will reach us late Thurs/early Fri currently moving north out of Spain. And looking at the Realtime Lightning map it shows the storms associated with the front rumbling away over the Pyrenees. Last image is Carol's graphic this morning showing the front and storms over the UK by Friday. I've had a quick check of the various high res model output this morning and they show a lot of variation as to exactly where and when the heaviest precipitation will occur. But at long last we have some upcoming weather of interest to discuss!! :)

5912c38873789_CloudWed10May07_55.thumb.jpg.f4b8564a6fd32aa14a0feeb8a55e532f.jpg5912c39857e1b_LightningWed10May08_10.thumb.jpg.1bcb86d45a12ba1a7520a51c7ad827e0.jpg5912c3eebde39_CarolWedforFri12May.thumb.jpg.c0cd8ad9e8ab1b4c516ec4f70ffef42a.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Very chilly when hubs took the bin out, but quite noticeable difference in temperature as the sun got to work.  No breeze was a bonus too. 

Was going to paint bubs garden fence, but as it *may* rain in the next couple of days i'm putting it on hold:D

Looking forward to a bit of radar watching, hope it doesn't down grade.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted

Yea it is certainly nice that we have got rid of the dull as dishwater weather that we have had recently.  As mentioned above the hi res models are all showing slight variations on the same theme for Thursday/Friday, but the main theme seems to be that rain will first affect more western areas and then move into our area during the evening on Thursday / over night into Friday. 

tempresult_ana1.thumb.gif.63753ae394f81d04a11da1f34da6f9c3.giftempresult_kwt9.thumb.gif.81bb5d6889ed138fb3ad1d203bc4ce80.gif17051200_1000.thumb.gif.622a5e3db9b1bab1e98c1c5dcfe24ad2.gif

• Like 1

Posted

Got my new delivery of stuffs just in time for the school run, was able to wear summery clothes for a change. dead happy with that. Glorious day. 

Good luck for those who wouldn't mind a bang in the next two days. 

I know I won't mind some thunder.

:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Unbelievably there was a patchy frost here to start but my goodness what a lovely day, just a very light breeze from the west which veered south easterly this afternoon. A high of 18C.

Low twenties widely tomorrow though with increasing humidity there will be more cloud and the risk of a few heavy showers.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
Just now, Surrey said:

Wonderful looking sat steady as she goes, the warm air slowly being pulled north with embedded thunderstorms 

Will it turn into a standard Damn squid or will we kick off UK storm season 2017 with a bang.. 

Screenshot_20170510-181629.thumb.png.cf681d8ccc15f975a07badf083d3b2be.png

Expecting a few homegrowns along the M4 corridor and West London area too. Your area may well be a prime spot tomorrow Surrey. 

A few continental grown storms may get into Kent also. The risk then spreads north into Friday. At long last!! 

Sceptical at the moment, but signs of a brief plume maybe next week too. As ever, big uncertainties lie on that at the moment. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

After the cloudfest that has prevailed since the beginning of the month down here at last the sun has made a concerted effort to break through and deliver a reasonble day. A max of 17.8c achieved.

The possibilty of something thundery in the next couple of days has peaked my interest, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Felt bloody chilly on the north kent coast today, that nagging wind really dragging the temps down... Last day of it YAY!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and Snow, lots of snow...

Haven't been on here since I gave up looking for snow....got to say this has been by far the most boring 8 months of weather I can remember in my 36 years of life.

It's just been so very very boring. 

Really hoping for some decent stormy weather/thunder tomorrow/Friday, or at the very least some substantial heavy rain.

• Like 2

Posted

Well my stormy risk has all but vanished, not even any rain. boo. hiss. 

sunny and clear. :closedeyes:

Posted
2 hours ago, Dami said:

Well my stormy risk has all but vanished, not even any rain. boo. hiss. 

sunny and clear. :closedeyes:

Yea apart from the odd shower in the far west looks like we will all be dry until the evening, with temps in the high teens at least it will be nice and warm :)

17051119_1100.thumb.gif.f203df602bdf91d16920461096e706c3.gifaromehd-1-20-0.thumb.png.299d09dd51047e4bd1fc7560c25aeae8.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Thundery looking skies earlier have now given way to glorious sunshine and the temperature is responding nicely as a result. Currently 16.2c.

Posted

where's my sun gone? lovely day to do a spot of washing and it goes dark and overcast.

:nonono::nonono:

Posted
16 minutes ago, Dami said:

where's my sun gone? lovely day to do a spot of washing and it goes dark and overcast.

:nonono::nonono:

bit of cloud moving through the region, few light showers about.. start of the action?

Posted

well I never. there is a shower near me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Apart from some cirrus approaching from the south, it's unbroken sunshine and already up to 18C!:yahoo:

Posted

Not had a chance to go upstairs or outside but by 'eck it feels clammy indoors. The air had that kind of hazy/steamy tint to it at 6am. Finger's crossed, eh? 

What is different this year is we have an allotment on top of a hill from which you can seemasses of sky and 20 miles of land towards Bracknell/Bagshot. Now just got to figure out a safe viewpoint.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

A pathetic few blobs of rain about half hour ago. 

Drought is officially over. 

Need a good storm! 

Edited by tomp456

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

20C with some sun and cloud, looks promising for later...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Just seen the latest beeb forecast, only time will tell if its fake news, but there are some bigly showers with THUNDER for the sussex coast from 5pm.

Hoping mother nature is going to make the weather great again #mwga !!! 

;)

• Like 1