Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Summer Sun said:

10.8c at 15:05

I'm sure Christmas day warm warmer

Yeah, many days in Dec to Feb milder, especially post '98

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the lowest daytime max we have ever had so late in the year. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
16 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Yeah, many days in Dec to Feb milder, especially post '98

Wonder if its the start of a the new "modern summer" era? :D

Posted

peaked at 12.4c, had 67.4mm of rain in 24 hours, im sure spots locally had more though. A terrible day for summer, definitely something more expected from an autumn/winter low, notably windy at times aswell 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
3 hours ago, cheese said:

As of 1pm, the temperature is a mere 11C with heavy rain - we have had 25mm so far.

No way do I believe anyone actually 'enjoys' weather like this in the middle of summer. It's one of those days were you just want to stay in bed.

I actually do. I appreciate almost every type of weather imaginable, and combine that fact with my preference for cool/cold weather, then scenarios like this really interest me. It interests me further that our oceanic climate is capable of throwing up temperatures like this both now and during mid-Winter. Besides that, I love being outside during cool, overcast, windy, and damp days like today (down here we haven't had a deluge, but some occasional light rain). I feel so lucky to have been in Northumberland during the very cool spell in the final third of July 2015 (maxima regularly around 13C), and I can honestly say that I envy your 11C; I can only dream of that happening down here at this time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, Relativistic said:

I actually do. I appreciate almost every type of weather imaginable, and combine that fact with my preference for cool/cold weather, then scenarios like this really interest me. It interests me further that our oceanic climate is capable of throwing up temperatures like this both now and during mid-Winter. Besides that, I love being outside during cool, overcast, windy, and damp days like today (down here we haven't had a deluge, but some occasional light rain). I feel so lucky to have been in Northumberland during the very cool spell in the final third of July 2015 (maxima regularly around 13C), and I can honestly say that I envy your 11C; I can only dream of that happening down here at this time of year.

Are you in Chelmsford or Birmingham? I can imagine highs like this occurring in Birmingham in late June for sure.

Though it's funny some people talked about outdoors being deserted due to the heat last week - that is definitely true here today. Not many people like being outside in the rain!

Edited by cheese

Posted

yeah I recall July 2015    last 2 weeks were  ridiculously cold..Anyway I class September as a summer month as we do seem often get good weather. so we roughly have  10/11 weeks of passible fine weather. lets hope this current poor spell doesn't linger on and on..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
15 minutes ago, cheese said:

Are you in Chelmsford or Birmingham? I can imagine highs like this occurring in Birmingham in late June for sure.

Though it's funny some people talked about outdoors being deserted due to the heat last week - that is definitely true here today. Not many people like being outside in the rain!

Currently in Chelmsford where it's 15C, Birmingham is a tad cooler at 13C. Since we've escaped the heavy rain here today (we had a load overnight), people seem to be out and about as normal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, cheese said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the lowest daytime max we have ever had so late in the year. 

Jul 21st '07 was close, think I had 13°

Posted
5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Jul 21st '07 was close, think I had 13°

I'm sure somewhere in Cumbria in late July 2015 had a high of (I think) 10.9C.

Posted
40 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

yeah I recall July 2015    last 2 weeks were  ridiculously cold..Anyway I class September as a summer month as we do seem often get good weather. so we roughly have  10/11 weeks of passible fine weather. lets hope this current poor spell doesn't linger on and on..

Atlantic is nearly as cold as it was in July '15.

cdas-sflux_ssta_relative_global_1.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I believe in summer 04 we had easterlies and 9C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
10 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

I believe in summer 04 we had easterlies and 9C. 

07th-08th July - a very wet period for many. We missed the worst here but still struggled to get above 14C on the 08th. 

Posted

It does look like the summer is back on the slow recovery. Yes, a bit of a low pressure mess tomorrow, but high pressure nudging in over the next week is always a good thing. I actually felt cold today.

Posted

We had 49.0mm of rain from midnight to midnight, which is the most since the floods on 25th June 2007. Fortunately it fell a lot slower this time so no problems.

June as a whole is up to 111.2mm now, which is more than the 111.0mm we had all spring!

A very strange month overall, as sunshine is already at 105% for the month and the mean temperature is 2.6C above average and 0.6C warmer than the previous warmest in 2003.

Edited by reef
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

What a beautiful November's day yesterday was... And more of the same today!! In fact, only the foliage on the trees and lack of wind gave the game away!! :nonono:
... Whoops sorry, my mistake we're still in summer 2017 aren't we? Lol:pardon::wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Apart from 4/5 days this months been crap

• Like 1

Posted

A nice cool summer`s day today with patchy light rain or dry or drizzle no sun 13c max.

After last weeks heat its refreshing.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Wettest months here in the last 20 years:

June 2007: 206.9mm
June 1997: 155.4mm
January 2008: 141.8mm
April 2012: 139.6mm
September 1993: 134.5mm
April 2000: 132.0mm
August 2004: 130.9mm
June 1998: 119.3mm
June 2017: 117.2mm (to the 29th)

Junes ending in seven aren't the best when it comes to being dry!

Edited by reef
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

It's the wettest June on record for Edinburgh & Leuchars

Edinburgh (Botanic Gardens) has recorded 178mm

Leuchars has recorded 146mm

We still have tonight and tomorrow to go