Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

No Storms Club 2017 Season

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

I got one.......byeeeer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!
2 hours ago, CreweCold said:

I'm still in. I'm going to be the only one in here soon...

Not while i live in Telford! It is up there as one of the least stormy places to live in the uk! 13 months since i last heard thunder around here! 

Posted

Don't worry, I'm still here too :(     Last rumble here was Sept 2016, and that was unusual cos I don't normally get any thunder after the end of July ......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot

Despite posting that I thought I'd heard a rumble this afternoon, I think now it may have been the bins from the other street.  Nearest spheric at the time was like Rochdale.  I tried to get on high ground but had to turn back at staylybridge to get to work.  Manchester was in between squalls from looking at the radar.  

I'm happy for those in the west Midlands though, things seem to be picking up round there

Posted

We still have that storm shield over us : P we've had a few flashes and rumbles coming from storms that eases off but nothing proper, Just like last year where it did the same and missed us by a few miles

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Caught an April storm ( 2 flashes and some hail), down near Halesowen which has kept me out of the NSC........but as a Brummie I do feel like applying under exceptional circumstances

although for the next few weeks I`m back in Halesowen so i`ll wait and see

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
2 hours ago, Essan said:

I must leave!   I have a thundery storm!  :D 

Andy...

Hang on wait for me....

Oh I thought I was leaving with you this morning.

Oh all right then ....

Just had a 10 minute overhead thunderstorm with a good covering of hail (up to a quarter of an inch)..

Yippee...

Andy where are you?

Good luck to the rest of you in here.

See you next year.

MIA 

• Like 2

Posted
27 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

LOL am I the last one standing in here?? Even Telford has had a storm!

It depends on the strict definition, the reality is most of Greater Manchester can be included because barring the odd rumbles of thunder, virtually all the storms have missed, died out or never occurred despite being in the favoured forecast spot at times.

The squall line of last week, the lightning activity died out on the western border of Greater Manchester for example. We had torrential showers for a time on Thursday but totally devoid of any electrical activity, today, the showers were pretty active, electrically but were comfortably to the south. 

Edited by Weather-history

Posted
4 hours ago, Weather-history said:

It depends on the strict definition, the reality is most of Greater Manchester can be included because barring the odd rumbles of thunder, virtually all the storms have missed, died out or never occurred despite being in the favoured forecast spot at times.

The squall line of last week, the lightning activity died out on the western border of Greater Manchester for example. We had torrential showers for a time on Thursday but totally devoid of any electrical activity, today, the showers were pretty active, electrically but were comfortably to the south. 

That squall line was hilarious the way it bottled it on the eleventh hour.  And then worst still, Tuesday 1st August; rain with electrical activity north and south of Manchester.  No, I'm conveniently not including Rochdale, it takes too long to get to

Posted
6 hours ago, Another Kent clipper said:

That squall line was hilarious the way it bottled it on the eleventh hour.  And then worst still, Tuesday 1st August; rain with electrical activity north and south of Manchester.  No, I'm conveniently not including Rochdale, it takes too long to get to

19th July, suppose to be a wave of storms coming up from the south during the early hours, never happened and the storm that developed over North Wales that afternoon drifted up the coast into Cumbria and we got drizzle. A heavy shower developed but no sferics or hardly any as it drifted NEwards. 

6th July, suppose to be in the prime spot but Euro 4 predicted storms further east and indeed that is what happened, we got nothing,

27th May: rash of intense showers/storms break out that Saturday afternoon across parts of the region and I think the only shower that passed through the Greater Manchester area was one of the few showers that wasn't electrically active.

We have been very unlucky. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
12 hours ago, CreweCold said:

LOL am I the last one standing in here?? Even Telford has had a storm!

nothing here at all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

nothing here at all

So sad for you!!

MIA

Posted
On 06/08/2017 at 06:26, Weather-history said:

19th July, suppose to be a wave of storms coming up from the south during the early hours, never happened and the storm that developed over North Wales that afternoon drifted up the coast into Cumbria and we got drizzle. A heavy shower developed but no sferics or hardly any as it drifted NEwards. 

6th July, suppose to be in the prime spot but Euro 4 predicted storms further east and indeed that is what happened, we got nothing,

27th May: rash of intense showers/storms break out that Saturday afternoon across parts of the region and I think the only shower that passed through the Greater Manchester area was one of the few showers that wasn't electrically active.

We have been very unlucky. 

Can sympathise. (And hello again NetWeather! :D ) Solihull on all those dates mentioned...

Morning of 27th May : Mesoscale Convective System over the SW of England. Reached the south Midlands and then died. Later on in the day, cells developed north of the Midlands so adding insult to injury.

19th July : Was a close but no cigar at stoopid O'clock in the morning even though I had seen distant lightning from a storm which according to Blitzortung mobile app was 53 miles away. :cc_confused:

But then came Saturday 5th August, the long wait for a Summer 2017 storm kind of paid off. Was two of them but not quite overhead which does take some of the fun element out of it.
Still the rest of August and September to go but given the current long range forecast to date. It may just as well be Autumn come early already.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Had my second rumble of the year so far around 12:30pm today. Not enough to leave here though in my opinion, as that's all it was and I didn't witness any lightning. In fact lightning is definitely something i've yet to witness this year. There's little left to August and Summer now, and that means after that we've only got 4 months of 2017 left, and that will be Autumn and the first third of Winter. I'm seriously starting to wonder whether I'll get out of this club this year now.

Posted

Mmm, not sure if I'm in or out. 2 closish rumbles from a heavy shower at lunchtime & a few other distant ones, certainly not a storm, but it maybe my only chance of escape before next spring!

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, davehsug said:

Mmm, not sure if I'm in or out. 2 closish rumbles from a heavy shower at lunchtime & a few other distant ones, certainly not a storm, but it maybe my only chance of escape before next spring!

I would still class you as in.  I would say I'm out now.  Wednesday night's rumbly scraping followed by a similar affair on friday afternoon;  only I accidentally drove straight through a cell on the m56, in an attempt to traverse eastwards to catch the good stuff.  Gutted I missed most of it but nonetheless, I'm officially out

• 2 weeks later...