Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CreweCold

No Storms Club 2017 Season

As requested by @Dami, a new thread for the new convective season.

Reckon I'll be spending a bit of time in here :wink:

1 person likes this

Ah thank you. Thought I needed to ask if it was ok:rofl:

1 person likes this

I am in here so far this year lol,but plenty of time to get out,i hope that i will not be stuck in here come the end of the year though.

Think most are probably still in here at the moment, myself included. 

yeah no thunder here. :nea:

The interesting point here, is that in true terms we have no convective season. Looking back in the winter months many places had thunderstorms, as did we here, so the thread itself suggesting a no storms club from a set date, is... in this day and age less of a timely  meteorological event, as storms can and do occur in almost any month throughout the year.

yeah but it more for plumes and the like. Or if a thunderstorm event has been forecast. So mainly the spring/summer. 

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Surrey
      Not sure if we have a thread open yet for storms as we haven't really had one yet.. 
      Here is my post this Morning on the first to effect Southern England 
      https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/86593-se-england-and-ea-regional-weather-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=3477618

• By thirius
      There is a video of storm filmed in spain, hope you enjoy 
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNtzbz2uGtA
    • By Cloggy Mike
      I have some questions regarding lightning:
      In collisions of ice particles electrons are said to move towards larger ice particles. Why would electrons have a preference for larger ice particles and what is the physical mechanism that promotes the transfer of electrons during collisions of ice particles? During lightning electrons flow from the air to the earth. How does the air get replenished with electrons? Many thanks in advance for your responses.
    • By Atmogenic
      Hey all, I made a tornado compilation quite a while back (December 5th 2015) and I was very proud of my first compilation about tornadoes but, unfortunately it didn't get as much as attention I was hoping for on my youtube channel and that disappointed me a bit so I thought that I'll share it on here with people who have similar interests.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC6wiS5GXkI
      sorry about the screen resolution I tried to fix it but It seemed that I'd have to start all over again to get it to fix with the correct resolution so I just kept it as it is.
    • By Supacell

A shiny new thread as we head into the second half of July and the mid point of the summer.

What a summer it has been. We started the summer with a lot of thunderstorms as June came in with a bang. Unfortunately as June came to a close and we moved into July the temperatures dropped and so did the storm risk. The most thundery early June I can remember has been balanced by the poorest early July I can remember. This looks like it is all set to change though as temperatures rise and summer returns. 
      Temperatures are already rising across the south and this building warmth and humidity will spread northwards through the early part of the coming week, with the heat likely peaking on Tuesday. The first 30c is very likely this week. The increasing heat and humidity also looks likely, on current modelling, to culminate in the possibility of some dramatic thunderstorms.
      The thoughts of Weather09 in the previous thread provide a good view of what we could expect from current modelling, seen on page 140 of the thread. The very high CAPE values being modeled for Tuesday are unlikely to be realised with strong ridging. It is currently late Tuesday night into Wednesday the period of interest (subject to change of course). Pin pointing an area to be at risk at this range is pointless.

I am thinking this thread is going to get busy with lots of excitement, forecasts and thoughts regarding what is likely to happen, even what you are hoping will happen. I am hoping it will be busy with lots of reports of thunderstorms and convective activity by the middle of this week and beyond. I think most of us would not want to see it fill up with "why do I always miss out", "nothing here", "wishing for no storms" or other moaning posts that should be in the correct moaning thread like the one below.

Good luck to all those that want a storm. 
      A chart showing MLCAPE for early Wednesday, just to get the excitement flowing