Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

First 20C of 2017

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

May, somewhere in the east, march 24th optimistic? my guess for that date single figures, low pressure and rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

If the Azores can keep up the pushing and pulling inwards id say 20c before the month is out, maybe 22 or 23  if lucky enough.  

on the subject of this is there anywhere I can look to see day by day max temps in past years?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, 40*C said:

If the Azores can keep up the pushing and pulling inwards id say 20c before the month is out, maybe 22 or 23  if lucky enough.  

on the subject of this is there anywhere I can look to see day by day max temps in past years?

www.wunderground.com   

Try that site,quite good.

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah, wunderground can be good (often more local than official sites) though it's luck of the draw with station quality, often prone to inaccuracies such as over-reading temperature in sunshine.

For official stations some sites I know of:

Weatheronline has daily maps of observations dating back to 2000 

For individual stations there's http://www.ogimet.com/indicativos.phtml.en though you'll probably want to enter the common name, then to view before the last 30 days you'll need to copy the WMO index and enter it here http://www.ogimet.com/gsynres.phtml.en

I sometimes use http://en.tutiempo.net/climate/united-kingdom.html for my local airport, lots of UK sites listed with varying periods of record. You'll then need to click on the year and month to view daily observations

I quite like https://weatherspark.com/ for an annual graphical view, if you select 'history' when you search for a location.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

April 10th for 20C.

May 3rd for 25C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
6 hours ago, Evening thunder said:

Yeah, wunderground can be good (often more local than official sites) though it's luck of the draw with station quality, often prone to inaccuracies such as over-reading temperature in sunshine.

For official stations some sites I know of:

Weatheronline has daily maps of observations dating back to 2000 

For individual stations there's http://www.ogimet.com/indicativos.phtml.en though you'll probably want to enter the common name, then to view before the last 30 days you'll need to copy the WMO index and enter it here http://www.ogimet.com/gsynres.phtml.en

I sometimes use http://en.tutiempo.net/climate/united-kingdom.html for my local airport, lots of UK sites listed with varying periods of record. You'll then need to click on the year and month to view daily observations

I quite like https://weatherspark.com/ for an annual graphical view, if you select 'history' when you search for a location.

Wunderground awards stations gold stars if they meet a certain quality requirement. It's pretty easy to see which ones are more accurate though by looking at their fluctuations or how different they are to nearby official stations.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

20c: 4th April

25c: 1st May

27c: 28th May

30c: 20th June

32c: 10th July

Posted
2 hours ago, cheese said:

Wunderground awards stations gold stars if they meet a certain quality requirement. It's pretty easy to see which ones are more accurate though by looking at their fluctuations or how different they are to nearby official stations.

They do, although based on experience and discussions on other forums, it seems the method used to calculate that is pretty terrible. My site and the nearest station sometimes get removed from the map (Davis VP2 with FARS) due to falling a couple degrees lower at night as we're in a river valley (goldstar often comes and goes with their short 5 day calculation period), while a few miles away stations that read several degrees high in the day, or respond too slowly, remain.

Just as an extreme example I saved, this station seemed to be exempt as it continuously displayed goldstar while giving readings like this for months.
58c5892d3bb2d_Wugoldstarfail.thumb.png.d2d43fae7aaf8c606f4c680f1a72aea9.png

Though yes it's normally possible to determine which are  decent ones by the methods you say (A Davis station is usually a good bet), although a few degrees of error could appear smooth/correct to some.

As for the thread title I''ll guess the first 20C will be in early-mid April, who knows, perhaps a 25C before the month's end too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

April 2nd, Gravesend or Doncaster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

way things are going here we might just hit 20c sometime in August

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Just to note the March record  was recorded  almost on this date 28th rings a bell with a  temp of 25 deg in Whitby  1965  what was more amazing than that is it was also the hottest day of the entire year there !

Edited by hillbilly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
19 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

1st 20c of the season is possible tomorrow it's most likely in NW Scotland

20c recorded in Achnagart, Scotland

• Like 4

Posted
On 12/03/2017 at 22:02, BREIFMAN11 said:

First 20 degrees will be in late March I'd guess

On 11/03/2017 at 21:55, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

May, somewhere in the east, march 24th optimistic? my guess for that date single figures, low pressure and rain

On 12/03/2017 at 04:35, 40*C said:

On 11/03/2017 at 21:48, h2005__uk__ said:

As with previous years, predict when and where the first 20C of the year will be!

I'll go for my home turf of Writtle and 24th March.

All were close with the date

Posted

Earlier the beeb said 20c though the official temperature so far is 19.9c so unless we say any late changes we haven't officially hit 20c

Posted
1 hour ago, weatherguru14 said:

what I find staggering is the strength of the sun, so early on in the year..the last 3 days  wouldn't be a miss in  early June..

Waiting for the bus at 4pm yesterday i would have just about disagreed however waiting at 12pm today i thought the same. It felt very pleasurable. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Earlier the beeb said 20c though the official temperature so far is 19.9c so unless we say any late changes we haven't officially hit 20c

The doomongers from a few weeks ago predicting cold Spring are a bit off the mark......thankfully.

We reached 16c in back garden in the shade today under luverly blue skies. But who sits in the shade when sun is out in Spring? On our bench in back garden in sun it felt like 21c today...that'll do me......sod the shade temp :D

Posted

With the official temperature falling 0.1c short we are looking likely to see the first official 20c today

At noon Cambridge leads the way with 19c

Posted

It's official

Gravesend has hit 20.9C

This marks the first official 20c of the year and also the warmest day of the year so far

• Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

It's official

Gravesend has hit 20.9C

This marks the first official 20c of the year and also the warmest day of the year so far

21.8C in Gravesend making it the warmest March day for 5 years

• Like 1