• Announcements

Hi Weather Friends

We are a small group of Weather Enthusiasts located in Switzerland.
In the last months we have spent hours to develop two small PHP Scripts to check the weather of our Davis Weather Stations but also any PWS Stations from Wunderground.com.
We want to share our work with other Weather Enthusiasts!

Focus on development:

• Display Weather Data in Browser (especially on Smartphones or Tablets)
  • Setting alerts and get informed on severe weather conditions via email.

Target group:

• House owners checks weather for their home and garden (awnings, umbrellas, sprinkler-systems etc.) 
  • Meteorologists & Weather Enthusiasts can use it to get informed about typical or untypical weather conditions
  • Fire Departments may observe an area of interest (precipitation, heat etc)

The result:

• G-Davis: A small PHP Script for Davis Weather Stations connected to Weatherlink Network
  • G-Wunder: A small PHP Script for Wunderground PWS connected to Wunderground Network

We are looking for Beta-Tester.
You need a Web Sever (Webhoster) runs PHP 5x.
NO DATABASE REQUIRED!
Both apps (Pre-Releases) are free and ready to download from our Website: http://www.gustalert.com

Please read the manuals for further information.

Thank you for your interest!

Best regards
JRSWISS

1 person likes this

A very nice PHP script! It took a matter of minutes to install and to show data (G-Wunder) 

https://www.warehamwx.co.uk/cumulus/gwunder/index.php

I like the light theme for day, and dark for night too. A couple of  suggestions if I may? At the moment, it shows as 'partly cloudy' but I don't think the the sun/cloud icon with the moon by its side, looks right. It would be better to show the crescent moon peeking out from behind the cloud instead of the sun.

I don't suppose a burger menu could be added  to the top left (like here: http://www.gustalert.com/home.php) so that users could add a link back to their site(s)?

1 person likes this

Hi Mapantz

Thank you for installation and for your feedback. At the moment I am away so I reply only with a view words from my iphone. About weather icons: We display the icon from the transmitted (is that english?) conditions of wunderground. For example: If wunderground deliver 'clear' we show a sun symbol undepended of day and night. The displayed moon we took from sunset / sunrise time. We know this is not the best solution but we will come back with a better one. Also thank you for your suggestion of the burger menu. Let us think about it please. 

Anyway - For the moment we hope you find this script useful and thank you very much for your feedback here. 

Sorry for poor english. If you are using google please follow us here too: https://plus.google.com/collection/oVycQE

Best regards

Roman

2 people like this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By amcrae
      Greetings fellow weather enthusiasts! My wife & I are assembling the technology for our sustainable solar homestead and one item that we acquired is a working Sharper Image Color Weather Station Viewer MI606. We have an immediate need to buy & deploy one or more wireless remote thermometers that will communicate with the weather station. Since we don't have the user manual, and I can't find anything on the web that isn't at a suspicious website, I don't know what wireless remote thermometers will work with the weather station. If someone in this community knows of this weather station model and can provide any information it would be very helpful to our solar homestead project. Thank you for interest in helping. Alan & Maggie
    • By TegwynTwmfatt
      Hello everybody! This is my first post here. I'm developing an open source weather station and already have the first version up and running here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-GPRS-Weather-Station-Part-1/
      I'm also evaluating different bits of kit, including the Vector Instruments W200P wind vane, and showing how to use it with an arduino: http://www.instructables.com/id/Analogue-Wind-Vane-With-Self-Calibration/
      If anybody would like to contribute to the project with positive criticism or practical support, please feel free to get in touch. The project is on going and new PCBs are arriving this week to create version 2.
        Thank you!

• By William Grimsley
      Hi guys,
      I'm contemplating upgrading my Davis Vantage Vue to a Davis Vantage Pro 2. I've had my Vue now since July 2011 (started properly recording on 25 September 2011). The reason I may want to upgrade is because my Vue is currently sighted at 6 m and I want to improve the accuracy of my data by having the temperature and humidity readings at 2 m and the wind readings closer to 10 m which are standard. But, I've got this problem of my old data because as soon as I replaced my Vue that data becomes innacurate as it's been measured at different heights and I also have this problem with migrating data.
      Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I should do?
      Thanks!
    • By Paul
      We've recently partnered with Oregon, and to get the ball rolling they have a special offer available giving 20% off of all purchases. This offer is only valid today (Friday) and tomorrow, and you'll need to use the offer code weekend20 to have it applied to your purchase.
      So if you're on the lookout for a weather station, now may be a good time to go for it!
      Oregon Weather Stations
    • By fendermaestro
      My Missus bought me a Climemet CM2000 weather station for my 50th birthday cos I really want to get into weather data collection and some form of very amateur forecasting. I just wanted to know people's thoughts on this type of station and whether as a starting point, they are any good. Are they reliable and do they provide accurate data if anyone out there has used one before. In short is there anyone who can give me a review.
      I haven't set it up yet but hope to do so in the next couple of weeks if this incessant rain doesn't drown me when I try! I hope that someone can let me know what they think and also perhaps, what sort of station would be the best if I ever wanted to upgrade in the future.
      Looking forward to your thoughts