Nick F

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 27th Feb onwards

Thought it was all over here and was about to go to bed but just had another fairly distant rumble. Not had any lightning for a while now though.

the rain also seems to be losing a little of it's intensity at least on it's more Northern edge

Edited by Gordon Webb
Clarity

Looks like the storm is slowly decreasing now with 227 lightning strikes which even then is still a lot

Just now, TJS1998Tom said:

Looks like the storm is slowly decreasing now with 227 lightning strikes which even then is still a lot

Put your location in your bio mate! :)

Just now, TJS1998Tom said:

Ooh, I might get a bit of drizzle later, yay!

Just some moderate/light rain here for last 40mins or so, no sparks, no booms but hey maybe the pollen will back off for a short while so I can stop sneezing and streaming from my head :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mesoscale said:

Put your location in your bio mate! :)

Ah yes, just done so. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Despicable Weather said:

Just some moderate/light rain here for last 40mins or so, no sparks, no booms but hey maybe the pollen will back off for a short while so I can stop sneezing and streaming from my head :D

The pollen has been killing me today, even with antihistamines. 

• Like 1

Holy Moly, I'm in Dover and it's just constant flashes and booms.

• Like 2

Just got home from watching this in the Channel at Pevensey Bay. Absolute belter of a storm. Lots of crawlers, some cannon-fire cg's. 

I'm knackered now, will have to sort through the pics in the morning. Can still hear it booming away over Kent.

• Like 2

Just spent the last 2 hours on the sea wall at camber,absolutely amazing,lightning was unreal,I posted numerous videos on facebook live,1 guy was even streaming my live feed on the web,1st time ive ever gone storm chasing,man I need to get out to america,what a night its been

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Updraft said:

Holy Moly, I'm in Dover and it's just constant flashes and booms.

Tell me about it, I'm a few miles south of you and the past hour has been insane. Had some earlier gorgeous displays as it approached and it's a shame I can't be out photographing now due to the rain. I hope it stops raining soon so I can get back out and hopefully catch some of these crawlers. 

• Like 1

Just now, snowrye said:

Just spent the last 2 hours on the sea wall at camber,absolutely amazing,lightning was unreal,I posted numerous videos on facebook live,1 guy was even streaming my live feed on the web,1st time ive ever gone storm chasing,man I need to get out to america,what a night its been

Awesome isn't it? Hands down probably the best UK storm I've seen and that's saying something 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mesoscale said:

Absolutely nothing here, not even distant lightning. Just some moderate rain. 

I feel your pain :(

• Like 3

Just now, JamieUK said:

I feel your pain :(

Ditto, and it was supposed to be a goodun for the east. Duh. 

• Like 1

Only just seen the radar...maybe won't get out for a while. Might need to call it quits and head off to bed 

• Like 2

For me it was the mcs that hit us in july 3 years ago,that monster was immense,looked like something from independence day,when that shelf cloud steamed in,it was like,BOOM,trees snapped in half,debris everywhere,and me,24 and 1/2 stone,laying in a trampoline to stop it flying off

• Like 4

OMG where did that come from!!!

and again the entire place lit up with a deafening crack of thunder... Not detected 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, snowrye said:

For me it was the mcs that hit us in july 3 years ago,that monster was immense,looked like something from independence day,when that shelf cloud steamed in,it was like,BOOM,trees snapped in half,debris everywhere,and me,24 and 1/2 stone,laying in a trampoline to stop it flying off

That was an awesome storm, looked like the mothership arriving in Independence Day!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mesoscale said:

The pollen has been killing me today, even with antihistamines. 

I don't suffer enough to bother with antihistamines but this dry weather has had me on the brink. Looking at radar we have rain incoming for the next hour or so which will make things seems more normal for tomorrow, hopefully!

Some great lightning at Beachy head 

IMG_5638.PNG

IMG_5639.PNG

• Like 5

Wow I just saw a really nice bit of lightning! filled the whole sky. 

• Like 2