Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion Thread - 27th Feb onwards

Nick F

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
2 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

If I see a storm tomorrow I'll eat my dog .....

Will larry be hosting the BBQ?

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, Essex Easterly said:

Will larry be hosting the BBQ?

giphy.gif

Everyone round mine for 8pm:drunk-emoji: don't forget the dog moki:oops:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Sorry  ,these look fresh ...

IMG_1240.JPG

What buns should i be looking at:oops: Oh i thought this was the lounge, storms a brewing for the weekend:whistling:

• Like 1

Posted

whats the score with tonight? there is a big storm coming out of spain heading towards the SE corner of the uk, I have read the forecasts and not convinced.

Edited by viking_smb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Things look great for some across the UK tomorrow, but could anyone give me a heads up for my location? Forecasts updating nearer this event seem to mention Scotland less and less...I'd be really disappointed if I missed out with all this potential around, but wouldn't really be that surprised.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Are storms set to fire off in NW France soon aswel?

Anyone chasing tomorrow? I'm eyeing up the potential in the E Mids running up through NE England. Wondering whether to set up shop there in the early afternoon and wait for a storm to come...

@Supacell

Posted

aye lol, but I hope not to be woken up tonight, but will have the fan on full and lights on in bedroom (afraid of seeing lightning) at night.

Edited by viking_smb
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, CAPE-steve said:

Anyone chasing tomorrow? I'm eyeing up the potential in the E Mids running up through NE England. Wondering whether to set up shop there in the early afternoon and wait for a storm to come...

@Supacell ?

If things are still looking good in the morning I will definitely be chasing. The first round looks to pass over my area so I may stay near home and hope for the best in the morning. Through the afternoon I would need to head north or east. Models are not quite in agreement of whether it will be Lincolnshire/Humber area or further north from the Pennines to NE England. By tomorrow it could be different again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Sorry to be a bit negative,but to me that storm in the southern BoB looks to be shunting ENE,whether something kicks off on the northern flank i don't know,will have to wait and see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
2 minutes ago, Supacell said:

If things are still looking good in the morning I will definitely be chasing. The first round looks to pass over my area so I may stay near home and hope for the best in the morning. Through the afternoon I would need to head north or east. Models are not quite in agreement of whether it will be Lincolnshire/Humber area or further north from the Pennines to NE England. By tomorrow it could be different again.

Wouldn't stray too far south of the Wash, you'll miss everything :rofl:

Posted

I'll be heading up to North Yorkshire at Pickering for the week so hopefully there will be a good storm there tomorrow

8 minutes ago, Supacell said:

I agree. Might catch something here in the morning. NetW's own model seems to think so but it'll be a radar watching sorta day! Getting the camera charged as we speak :D

Posted
39 minutes ago, Ross Andrew Hemphill said:

Things look great for some across the UK tomorrow, but could anyone give me a heads up for my location? Forecasts updating nearer this event seem to mention Scotland less and less...I'd be really disappointed if I missed out with all this potential around, but wouldn't really be that surprised.

better waiting for tomorrow  

12 minutes ago, Supacell said:

Looks like a good choice supercell 

IMG_1241.PNG

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Looks like a good choice supercell 

IMG_1241.PNG

This would certainly be an interesting sight if it went ahead like this, been interesting to see the models slowly increasing the storm risk after they started reducing earlier in the week

• Like 1