Your Favourite school memories

My Chemistry teacher, the guy was the typical nutty professor and I don't know how we all made it through 2-3 years with him unscathed. Never felt like bunking off chemistry lessons though, and we certainly learnt stuff.

if you say the day I left then yeah. In my day you could leave on your 16th birthday (which was basically very few months into the school year) and go back for exams, but i choose to say on so i could focus on revision. These days I think the government want all the kids still in school till their 20's, that is if they can get the schooling system right., they have closed about 4 schools to re-build for the 2 tier system in our area alone.  

We had Mr Gunn, who taught french. Very sexy. very interested in french until I did so well, i was moved to top class french and german and out of his classes.:closedeyes:

5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

might have known who started the thread! @Hbk4894 do you actually realise it's a weather forum?

but topic title reply, hometime!

Wonder what HBK4894 thinks of the latest weather model output :rofl:

• Like 1

Leaving!

The tie got shredded and the cap went frisby style over a wall. Hated the place.

To be fair, some individual teachers were OK but the school institution with its petty rules and inbred 'class' mentality was abhorrent. My next door neighbour left school still counting on his fingers but knew how to wear a cap on his head. Really important life empowering stuff that.

I still shudder every time I see a class full of kids in a set uniform with tie and blazer.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Miss  Moffat  , :give_rose:

Ah you just reminded me of a Geography teacher I had one year, very attractive and...ehm...well 'stacked'. Funny how many of the boys had trouble with understanding text books that year i.e. "Miss, what does this mean?" causing her to wander over and lean over the desk to explain.  There was one lesson in particular when she was wearing a blouse that went rather see-through against the light...that lesson was a right-off from a learning point of view.

I seem to be in a minority of people here as I didn't mind school. I can't say I enjoyed it but I didn't hate it either. It was quite a rough school too, plenty of 'gang warfare' going on at times. I largely stayed out of that but had a few 'scraps' over the years. I had loads of good teachers, and only one I can remember who was utterly useless.

Oh, and there was the time I'd to rescue a teacher in Home Economics from a mouse. I picked it up by the tail and took it outside and let it go at the edge of the school grounds. It was probably back in the school building a few minutes later.