Storm Doris - Atlantic Storm 4

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a close call - go to about 25 seconds in.  

One positive then.

METEOSAT airmass imagery frames for today show  nicely the development from frontal wave into a depression, with baroclinic leaf forming as dry air intrusion (in red) originating from the lower strato

Posted Images

Max gust so far here is 57 mph as the squall line moved through earlier/. After a relatively calm period winds now picking up 28mph constant, gusting 48/50 mph. Nowhere near as bad as what you guys have, but hey some numpty has decided to fell a tree across the road and we've a few hours til we get peak winds!

I asked this question last night but it may have a different answer now..

what time will the main winds for my area come through? And how long will they last? Already getting the gusts opening the mailbox up and two have rattled the windows already

7 minutes ago, Delka said:

I asked this question last night but it may have a different answer now..

what time will the main winds for my area come through? And how long will they last? Already getting the gusts opening the mailbox up and two have rattled the windows already

Between 14-1500 and not long

2 minutes ago, knocker said:

Between 14-1500 and not long

What speed will they peak at? Met are going for on the local forecast 67mph gusts this afternoon, 50mph gusts from midday to six while my other weather apps keep it peaking at 50mph gusts.. I can safely say we probably have already peaked above that in the odd gust though

1 minute ago, Delka said:

What speed will they peak at? Met are going for on the local forecast 67mph gusts this afternoon, 50mph gusts from midday to six while my other weather apps keep it peaking at 50mph gusts.. I can safely say we probably have already peaked above that in the odd gust though

Well I would never disagree with the Met. :)