Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Doris - Atlantic Storm 4

Summer Sun

Posted

It looks to me like the worst maybe over in my part of Lincs and the strongest winds have moved into South Lincs/Norfolk, Could this storm be exiting a bit quicker than forecast?? we were due to have the worst around 15.00pm but i think we had the worst around midday.

LO

Posted

tmp_25003-20170223_1411421625289382.thumb.jpg.f164ef9b1962c69c4d48ab57ffb8670c.jpg

Super rapid pressure rise too.

Edit, 987.5 just 10 mins on

Edited by Richie V
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Power cut at work, only essential stuff powered by the generator, sadly that doesn't include the kettle. Damn you, Doris.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Just came back from my walk and what a surprise another disappointment for me, it was very windy (stormy at times) but no damage to anything so it was just another boring walk around the fields , was hoping to at least see a few trees down in the fields but nothing :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
9 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Power cut at work, only essential stuff powered by the generator, sadly that doesn't include the kettle. Damn you, Doris.

Kettle is classed as essential where I work.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and Stormy
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

Just popped to the shop for my lunch, loads of small branches down, was very wary when walking under trees. Not seen winds like this in the UK for years.

Try visiting Shetland we often get winds like this or higher. In fact, yesterday we had gusts of 77mph in Lerwick Town Centre. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
2 minutes ago, shetland islands said:

Try visiting Shetland we often get winds like this or higher. In fact, yesterday we had gusts of 77mph in Lerwick Town Centre. 

I think Nick meant he has seen very strong winds on Stormchasing tours in US. but not where he lives in UK.  

Check availablility here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I was just out in the garden doing a bit of concreting, and whooosh! A whole section of felt just ripped off of the shed and almost clobbered me. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
4 minutes ago, shetland islands said:

I did apply for a job on Shetland once :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The Woman killed in Wolves what hit by a piece of roof the "size of a coffee table"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-4251772/Flights-cancelled-90mph-Storm-Doris-roars-UK.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

No damage here. Got much calmer after 10:00. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I've just been out driving and walking around the surrounding countryside of Belper and lots of debris on the roads such as twigs, branches, rubbish and other small items. I came across some downed trees too. Some of the gusts seemed very powerful, especially up around Crich. It seems to have died down a lot now, still breezy but the worse appears to be over for here.

Posted

Calmed down here and the Sun is out. Need to go into town now so I should get a good idea of any damage. Interestingly, the large house over the road once had 12 Lombardy Poplars ringing the garden. They were planted sometime in the late 19th century and the first one came down in the great January storm of 1968, the next one in 1975 and gradually their numbers have been reduced to just 2 left standing. I just had a look and both look to have survived :)

Pete

Posted
19 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Since the storm naming started this is the most view and replied thread of them all

Well everyone likes Doris Day don't they?

dday.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Just driven lake Windermere to Shrewsbury left at 12 so 3 and a half hours (hour longer than normal). Lake District around Kendal got a right soaking last 48 hours but little in the way of wind this AM. The boats were running on Windermere in the rain. 

Set off to come home at 12ish and got onto M6 and found out thelwell viaduct was shut! 

Noticably wind speeds increased as went south and felt worst around Preston - Wigan area around 1. 

In in terms of damage, a roof was damaged at Lancaster services closing the petrol station, lots f trees down in the Liverpool area but worse around elsemere port. Truck over turned on chirk viaduct, so that is closed. Worst was in the area (not sure what it's called) near Everton ground in Liverpool. At least 3 buildings with polic tape around as slated or bricks (assume chimneys) had come down on a busy shopping street. Hope no one got hurt. Also few other roads closed (such as the exit from the Mersey tunnel). 

Still cutting back via liverpool saved me the hell of the diversion through Warrington which is apparently adding many hours to journeys north and South on M6. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Double decker bus blown over at Wisbech, several hurt, one taken to hospital with head injury.

This scares me, I'm always on those double deckers! Hope everyone is okay..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder / lightning, Freezing rain, snow, ice and blizzards!

So is this it for the storms in the visible forecasting future or is there another one roaring in off the atlantic like a couple of years ago? hopefully not!

Edited by chillyblast

Posted
3 minutes ago, chillyblast said:

So is this it for the storms in the visible forecasting future or is there another one roaring in off the atlantic like a couple of years ago? hopefully not!

I to hope it goes back to settler conditions a repeat event like 2014 would be terrible