Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - Wednesday 18th August 2004

Posted

just had a small one in deby lots of thunder rain and hail no lightening tho

Posted

Awsome stuff down in Coventry, Storm started at 1600Hrs and just finished at 1655Hrs, hell of a lot of rain and localised flooding, lots of electrical activity.

Posted

a few rumbles from 12 onwards , then at about 2:30 i noticed the office had got very dark, looked out the window to be greeted by cluds as black as coal to the west. all hell broke loose just before 3pm, great CG lightning every minute and long really loud rumbles with a crack at the end. Very heavy rain too, i noticed a building site had flooded on the way home, and the River its bursting its banks

Posted

Torrential downpour accompanied by thunder and lightening directly overhead between 3.30-4.30pm in Headington NE of Oxford City centre. Clear Blue Skies now!!!

Posted

What a great month for thunderstorms!

Well that nasty looking storm that moved in on me eventually moved away to the NW, I could see further strikes inside it from a distance then.

It produced some impressive strikes as it moved in.

It had this rotating gust front looking thing in front of it, where there was some impressive cloud to cloud strikes as it came in overhead.

As it did, the sky turned pitch black and the cloud to cloud strikes continued with these flashes and instantaneous explosions.

There was also strong winds bending the trees over, and there was very heavy rain for a time as well.

It was at this point that I unplugged my stuff.

It continued to produce some more impressive forked lightning as it came overhead, before moving off to the West.

Then another storm moved to my NE, producing some more impressive lightning strikes.

Though that storm was about 4 miles away based on the time between the lightning and thunder.

It is looking like there may be even more for my area before the day is out.

Posted

Nanu, You are not wrong there Mate, Evil storm hitting Central London, VERY Heavy rain and thunder and Lightning.

Paul Sherman

Posted

At 4pm whilst out had a large thunderstorm that lasted for about half an hour with very heavy rain and lots of thunder :D

Posted

Massive storm here with IC lightning every 2 seconds and CG every minute or so, got some footage that I can put up if someone will host!

Not a great deal of rain, but the storm was comparable to Florida!

Posted
  • Location: Wyke, equidistant to Bradford, Halifax and Huddersfield
  • Location: Wyke, equidistant to Bradford, Halifax and Huddersfield

Heavens just opened here.

thunder and lighning and heavy rain with hail mixed in

Posted

Well a few storms have just missed here, altho i got some beautiful pic os mammatus clouds :D

Posted

Was woken up this morning (2AM) to thunder and lightning, plus heavy rain.

Too knackered to watch it, but the Thunder was very loud. Really booming stuff. Made me wake up with a jolt.

My bedroom was lit up by the lightning. Impressive indeed.

:D

Posted

Is everybody from the Greater Manchester Area slowly switching their PC's back on lol - Wow ! what a storm that was, hit around 16:45 and lasted until 5:40, frequent CG's and massive thunderclaps. Most amazing electrical storm I've been in. Was cycling home from work when it hit, had to seek shelter under a outdoor market stall lol :shock:

Posted

Couple of storms passed by between, 4:00pm-5:30pm, nothing directly overhead, but saw some lightning and heard around 15 thunder claps.

Posted

Same here as Essex Snow - around 2ish in the morning torrential rain accompanied by overhead thunder and sheet lightning and as the storm moved northwards another cell seemed to move up from the south to take its place - spectacular indeed. (no rainfall measurements I'm afraid due to the gauge again being blocked)

Seemed to have escaped during the day (again) so far with most of the action to the north.

P.S. Paul Sherman - I reported 2 storms last week and you only have me down for 1. :?

Posted

thunderstorm skimmed me here with frequent lightning and thunder (again!) 2 storms today!

Posted

Just had possibly the worst thunderstorm I have ever seen. Lasted over an hour, and I've never seen so much thunder and lightning. And we are talking lightning right over the top of me here with an instant crack. Not much rain though, surprisingly, just a short lived downpour which dropped about 3mm, and a big drop in temperature.

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

the me is had some strange rumblies of thunders between 10-11ams todays and so many convection clods is arounds over last 2 days and todays! very heavy reain and lot of hail overbights last nights!