Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model tweets

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Morning all in a dry UK from a very wet Vancouver !  Looks like latest ECM has dropped its warmer outputs from last night but moves to displace the UK block at a fairly rapid rate. The UKMO again at 144t shows the best route for cold as it continues to drop heights over Euroland which could bring some surprise colder conditions into the SE as the block still looks more robust rather than to sink. Think models generally still not got to grips as to where you are heading.

C

UN144-21.gif

Edited by carinthian
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.
On 04/01/2019 at 19:42, Summer Sun said:

The track is quite similar to the dreadful storm of 1953. Hopefully it won't be as bad this time around! Sea levels are higher but the LP system isn't as deep.

Posted

Severe-weather.eu have been on the money with their well-written reports and updates the last few weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

ECM should start to get interesting in the next few days. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
1 minute ago, PerfectStorm said:

With respect, if the tweets are from professionals and are related to the model output (ie. Fergies tweet above) then isn't it related? A tweet like his wouldn't be out of place if it was an actual comment made by one of us. 

You can’t have a discussion with someone if they are not in the room

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, PerfectStorm said:

With respect, if the tweets are from professionals and are related to the model output (ie. Fergies tweet above) then isn't it related? A tweet like his wouldn't be out of place if it was an actual comment made by one of us. 

100%! I get the idea of things being dragged off topic but if anything media wise is related to the models (Tweets, Long Range etc) then it should be in here. The deadness of the other threads proves that, it should be simpler. The moderators do a brilliant (and thankless) job, I just think it would be more beneficial all round.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
11 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

100%! I get the idea of things being dragged off topic but if anything media wise is related to the models (Tweets, Long Range etc) then it should be in here. The deadness of the other threads proves that, it should be simpler. The moderators do a brilliant (and thankless) job, I just think it would be more beneficial all round.

Agreed, it's all related and I need things all in one place and kept simple.... my brain is fatigued enough by models and 3 kids, lol!!!

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

With regard tweets. Here is the thread. It is called Model Tweets. Please read Paul's introduction. I am now going to move all the above posts.

Lol. Goodness knows why Fergie's bit has appeared.

Do people actually complain when tweets related to models appear in this thread?

I'm genuinely curious, as from my standpoint I'd love everything to be 'under one roof' so to speak, instead of constantly trying to switch between threads.  Has this ever been put to some kind of vote?

Apologies it is OT, but any answer may help others to understand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1