Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model tweets

Paul

Posted
1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

Winter is over.

Could well be if you want cold and snow (southern lowlands)  However, give it time but the signs are poor.

Edited by Don

Posted
56 minutes ago, Don said:

Could well be if you want cold and snow (southern lowlands)  However, give it time but the signs are poor.

The signs are really poor.

Its the 7th of Dec and the models have already bored me into submission.

Posted
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

The signs are really poor.

Its the 7th of Dec and the models have already bored me into submission.

I know, little cheer from anything at the moment pointing towards cold this winter.  Will just have to hope things look more promising as winter progresses.  However, experience tells me that won't be the case and this season will simply be another mild one.

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I think we can bin December

Yep, think you're correct there.  Cannot see much in the way of interest away from northern hills and mountains this month and probably won't in January, either........

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, Don said:

Yep, think you're correct there.  Cannot see much in the way of interest away from northern hills and mountains this month and probably won't in January, either........

Yes I think you are correct, despite what the usual suspects say in the MOD thread.

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Yes I think you are correct, despite what the usual suspects say in the MOD thread.

My heart sinks about this winter, but I think we have to be realistic.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Don said:

My heart sinks about this winter, but I think we have to be realistic.

Best way to be about our winters, saves the usual disappointment lol

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Last time we had a sub -1c winter month going by the 1961-90 series was December 2010...sort of says it all, cold winters never mind cold winter months are on the decrease and so much was vaunted about this solar minima...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

Last time we had a sub -1c winter month going by the 1961-90 series was December 2010...sort of says it all, cold winters never mind cold winter months are on the decrease and so much was vaunted about this solar minima...

I think a lot of contributors to cooler colder winters have been overridden by GW etc.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything under4 deg. In winter and anything over 20deg in the summer!

The days have gone of severe cold. I am talking about more than 5 days of sub zero temps. All we get now are cold snaps with no longevity. It’s become very apparent that GW is the cause of this as temps rise across the planet and subsequently weather patterns shifting. I use to log on every model output and looking forward to nailing a cold spell. GW has changed all this and we have to accept now that snow and sub zero temps in the south is a thing of the past and thererfore ‘ the hunt for cold ‘ thread only really applies to the north and especially on high ground. I am not referring to this winter but all future winters. The days of blizzards and snow in the south that last for more than 2/3 days are over. Time to find a new winter hobby!

• Like 3

Posted
28 minutes ago, Tuxedo said:

The days have gone of severe cold. I am talking about more than 5 days of sub zero temps. All we get now are cold snaps with no longevity. It’s become very apparent that GW is the cause of this as temps rise across the planet and subsequently weather patterns shifting. I use to log on every model output and looking forward to nailing a cold spell. GW has changed all this and we have to accept now that snow and sub zero temps in the south is a thing of the past and thererfore ‘ the hunt for cold ‘ thread only really applies to the north and especially on high ground. I am not referring to this winter but all future winters. The days of blizzards and snow in the south that last for more than 2/3 days are over. Time to find a new winter hobby!

Its beginning to look that way.

Sick and tired of our vile climate.

Wish i could move to Canada ..

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, northwestsnow said:

Its beginning to look that way.

Sick and tired of our vile climate.

Wish i could move to Canada ..

You could always take a winter vacation to escape the dreary UK winter.  I keep meaning to do it myself but fear when I do, the UK will experience a severe winter!

Edited by Don
  • Like 2

Posted
12 hours ago, Tuxedo said:

I point out that 5 or more days of sub zero temps are a rare event to begin with. The  cause of a sub zero CET month being sub zero  is the minima and not the maxima.

Take January 1963, the number of days where the CET maximum was sub zero?  Only 11 

And the last sub zero CET month was only 9 years ago with December 2010 and that was the coldest late November to Christmas period for the CET since at least 1772

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 5

Posted
8 hours ago, Don said:

You could always take a winter vacation to escape the dreary UK winter.  I keep meaning to do it myself but fear when I do, the UK will experience a severe winter!

If you can hang on in here until the new ice age sets in then we should be guaranteed some sleet and if we are really lucky we may see the odd snow grain, even on Christmas Day

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
9 hours ago, Weather-history said:

I point out that 5 or more days of sub zero temps are a rare event to begin with. The  cause of a sub zero CET month being sub zero  is the minima and not the maxima.

Take January 1963, the number of days where the CET maximum was sub zero?  Only 11 

And the last sub zero CET month was only 9 years ago with December 2010 and that was the coldest late November to Christmas period for the CET since at least 1772

Aye, also the coldest 31-day period since 1963 I believe. Also worth mentioning that 1st March 2018 was the fourth-coldest March day since 1772; the five or six days surrounding it felt brutally cold.

Edited by Relativistic
  • Like 1