Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model tweets

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

I expect GFS/GEFS is making too little of the +AAM as usual. It puzzles me that Ventrice, despite all his expertise, still takes it as gospel so much.

Not sure about the outlook for C Pacific trade winds. It seems to have a habit of overdoing those narrow belts of fast trades retrograding westward and I've noticed an upward adjustment in the very near-term WWB (i.e. +ve zonal wind anomalies) for the last couple of days.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Posted

Good fun to see a MOAW* projection from a long-range model, despite the limited skill.

By the way, if one looks at the Pacific tropical zonal wind anomalies today (see in MOD thread), and compares to the Matt Hugo tweet shared in this thread last Friday, you can see a good example of GFS's tendency to overdo the development of stronger than usual C. Pacific trade winds (blue shading).

* Mother Of All Winters

Posted

I wonder if the large adjustments regarding the weekend onward are related to this not being very well captured by the models.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
8 hours ago, Singularity said:

I wonder if the large adjustments regarding the weekend onward are related to this not being very well captured by the models.

Would imagine that the models wont be that wrong at their range with background signals.

It will be interesting to see how long the signals lags for. The sub-surface is weakening whats left of the Nino fast.

Edited by summer blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
On 13/08/2019 at 19:49, Steve Murr said:

Remember guys this is the september H5 anomaly for the Negative NAO years MJJA since 07 -

You can see at some point soon ( whether that be the last week of August or early Sept ) for the -NAO to collapse & the core anomaly to head to Scandi ..

640E50BF-4E61-48FF-9700-8D4EBCBA2E93.thumb.jpeg.d6b7d3f0a95f1ee631f4f2675f4ed63b.jpeg