IGNORED

Model tweets

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

vs Murr

Let battle commence! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
32 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

F7FA68E7-B0A6-42C4-9637-DA9E653F6D5E.thumb.png.010af2e6f4a7a68ac36bfd9cc577fe1a.png

That's from 18th October

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
On 24/11/2018 at 16:46, Spah1 said:

vs Murr

Let battle commence! 

what battle?.....no disrespect but Chris Fawkes is a professional forecaster, enough said

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
13 hours ago, beerandkebab said:

what battle?.....no disrespect but Chris Fawkes is a professional forecaster, enough said

Murr is going for cold. 

Fawkes going for mild. 

= battle. Who’ll be right. 

I’m not sure what you don’t get. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall
On 26/11/2018 at 09:33, beerandkebab said:

Yes Chris Fawkes is a professional forecaster

As in professional forecasters

Who forecast a barbeque summer for one of most flood ridden summers ever

Who failed to forecast the coldest and snowiest winter for 30 years

Who brought out a video to hail  a cold and snowy December in a couple of years back only for it to turn mild and wet the day after.

Mmmm

I think I,d give Mr Murr just as much Credence as a 'professional forecaster'

In fact he often seems ahead of curve to me when cold weather is in the offing. 

Edited by Broadmayne blizzard
  • Like 2

Posted
31 minutes ago, togwotee pass said:

What aspect of Fawkes' reasoning do you disagree with?  Most of the informed Netweather members would agree with it I think, even if they don't want to admit it to others or even themselves.

And people who forecast easterlies every time will be correct every time there is an easterly.

(Also, that barbecue summer thing was a long time ago now and it's getting a bit tedious.  The world has moved on.)

To be fair Togwatee I was playing Devils advocate a bit there but perhaps it would be more pertinent to ask what aspects of the longer range/seasonal models Chris Fawkes disagrees with. Ian Ferguson tweeted a while back that the Meto seasonal model see,s a negative NAO setting up for later Jan and Feb. Glosea is also suggestive of Northern blocking. Our very GP another professional forecaster is also suggesting that he sees the atmospheric dynamics setting up nicely to bring the risk of wintry weather our way later in December and into the new year  In addition to this Our own Mr Murr was far more on the ball in regards to last week's cold pool and the resultant snowfall than  the bbc professionals were. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
37 minutes ago, Broadmayne blizzard said:

Our own Mr Murr was far more on the ball in regards to last week's cold pool and the resultant snowfall than  the bbc professionals were. 

I disagree with that.

Also, I see you digging at previous Met Office forecasts too. Funny, I have seen many users on here who have failed miserably and disappeared from the scene of the crime. So, let's stop the bashing professional forecasters in here please?!

• Like 3

Posted

And on this occasion I disagree with you Mapantz but that's the nature of forums.

I,m not bashing pro forecasters at all the job is difficult. Having spent some time working for an organisation that supplied time critical forecasting to the film and construction ndustries I have the utmost respect for them including Mr Fawkes, but ignoring major fails on their part is not helpful either to the conversation either.

• Like 1

Posted

Edit: q:how do I embed a tweet? A:do not insert link, copy tweet url directly 

Edited by ArHu3