Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion 25th Jan - The final third of winter beckons..

Paul

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

But nothing that you or I, or pros or models say can have any effect on the weather...

I'm not sure what you are saying, all I said was that "maybe the GFS is quite accurate with it's forcast".   What on earth does that have to do with me casting spells on the weather  - are you suggesting I said im Gandalf or something!!!

Ian F said the UKMO GM is less bullish on the cold, just like the latest GFS run - I just pointed out that the GFS maybe quite accurate with what Ian is saying..."MAYBE" being the key word...

Edited by Ali1977
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
Just now, Ali1977 said:

I'm not sure what you are saying, all I said was that "maybe the GFS is quite accurate with it's forcast".   What on earth dopes that have to do with me casting spells on the weather  - are you suggesting I said im Gandalf or something!!!

The reading comprehension can be pretty poor at times lol..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

FInishing off with some FI fun.  Another easterly incoming

gfsnh-1-312.thumb.png.dbd6a41b8bd228e2b33cdcb7ce47cc44.pnggfsnh-0-312.thumb.png.badb055c969aaf7d8b5254b8f720841d.png

• Like 1

Posted

I think to save arguments its quite clear the models haven't got a firm grip on details for the weekend yet we may have to wait until tomorrow or weds. Perhaps a bit of snow on Wednesday to look forward to prior to that anyway.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds

Haha perhaps but unlikely, whatever the 12z chart is showing, it is the trends we should be looking for. Such as slight movement south of the High/More energy going North/Low Dropping towards Iberia is less developed/WAA and such things...

Posted
Just now, Lamposangel delightcher said:

isnt ian talking about the SW

Yes. The upgrade/downgrade malarky would rather depend on where you are. For example, GFS is arguably an upgrade for London/SE as it calls for snow showers in the (semi)reliable. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
8 minutes ago, Ali1977 said:

I'm not sure what you are saying, all I said was that "maybe the GFS is quite accurate with it's forcast".   What on earth does that have to do with me casting spells on the weather  - are you suggesting I said im Gandalf or something!!!

Ian F said the UKMO GM is less bullish on the cold, just like the latest GFS run - I just pointed out that the GFS maybe quite accurate with what Ian is saying..."MAYBE" being the key word...

I just wanted know how the GFS is 'looking quite accurate', that's all?

• Like 3

Posted

I'm waiting for Steve M's take on things - waaaay too much hair splitting and petty bickering going on to make head or tail of all this!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
25 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Well gfs12z has temps at night above zero by sat night for many so compared to the 6z ? If thats not a pretty big downgrade i dont know what is..added to that temps of 4 and 5 widely through saturday..

It's 5 days away, common we all no its going to change for better or worse before then. Trends not Gospel 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
18 minutes ago, Weathizard said:

The 12z GEM isn't good, far from it IMO! 

Unless I'm missing something, the 12z latest GEM has sub -8 uppers never leaving the east coast, and then ejects a shortwave containing -20 uppers out of Russia heading straight en route to us! Think you may have been referring to the 00z GEM this morning? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Four true seasons. Hot summers and cold winters.
Just now, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Unless I'm missing something, the 12z latest GEM has sub -8 uppers never leaving the east coast, and then ejects a shortwave containing -20 uppers out of Russia heading straight en route to us! Think you may have been referring to the 00z GEM this morning? 

Lol. GEM does indeed vomit forth a searing blast of cold.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Oops yes, apologies I had the wrong toggle on. 12z is much better, high pressure pretty close throughout thou

• Like 1

Posted

The 12z gfs offers a very different stratospheric picture compared to the previous runs. It moves the vortex to Siberia rather than split it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Well I had to look for myself regarding the weekend blow torch

UW144-21.GIF?06-17

And sure enough there is no cold pool by weekend in East Africa

UN72-21.GIF

• Like 6