Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

My barometer

Hello,can you please help me out with my new barometer :)Im a newbie from Latvia :) Its called "Pearl".

I dont know where those pointers point,but I know its about weather.Its english barometer from China and it cost me...Those numbers go up to 106 points on surface,inside on the top up to (around) 100,lower,humidity from 0-100.

Im leaving the photo,could you please help me out with it.I definitely dont know what those pointers mean when they point  (is it good weather is bad none explained in the shop).

Thank you very much beforehand!:)

bar1.jpg

Posted

Basically, the higher the number the higher the pressure (and the more settled the weather is - in theory drier and warmer in summer, colder in winter).  The current pressure is indicated by the large black pointer.  This moves as the pressure changes.   You may sometimes need to "tap" it to make it move.    The other pointer can be moved using the dial on the front of the case.   You move this to the current pressure reading indicated by the black pointer and can then see next day whether the pressure has increased or decreased

We normally measure pressure in millibars (mb) or hectoPascals (hPa).  The numbers for these are both the same (1mb = 1hPa)   However your barometers shows Torrs around the outside (the larger numbers) and "centibars" (the smaller numbers - note that this is not a standard measurement and I havent seen a barometer show these before).  At present you are recording approx 104.3 centibars / 78.2 Torrs.    This is equivalent to 1043mb/hPa.

I would ignore the outer number and simply use the smaller number and multiply the figure by 100 to convert to mb/hPa.   ie 104.3 x 100 = 1043

Hope that helps - and welcome to Netwx :) 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Pearl is really cute. :)

• 4 weeks later...